Dark jeans

dazlight

8 minutes ago, dazlight said:

How dark we talking guys ?

i have 2 pair of dark blue jeans which will be ok. The others are mid blue so is it not worth taking them?

This might help:  https://www.pocruises.com/what-to-wear

You’ll be fine at certain times, but maybe not others.

Formal nights could be a challenge though!

Interesting question jeans are jeans they have there place if your happy to dress in them for informal dining no problem,I am assuming your wife will be dressed in jeans so again no problem.

If you are referring to formal dining you should know the answer to that.

She won’t be no? She hardly wears jeans. Nor will be the rest of my party I’m with. It’s just how I dress. Jeans , shirt , blazer and shoes. 

Think best way to find out is have a look what people are wearing. 

I take black jeans to wear on  P&O UK's  'casual nights' in MDR and even when I went on QM2 - Cunard.  I don't see an issue with them.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gazza64 said:

You forget that the fashion police are everywhere, just hiding away waiting to judge and be offended!

Nothing to do with being a fashion police it’s about making the effort.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

I think that if Dazlight's proposed attire is clean and smart then he should fit quite well into the top quartile of MDR diners, I am quite happy to see smart jeans, I just wish I looked as well dressed in them as my 2 sons do in theirs.:classic_rolleyes:

10 hours ago, dazlight said:

She won’t be no? She hardly wears jeans. Nor will be the rest of my party I’m with. It’s just how I dress. Jeans , shirt , blazer and shoes. 

Think best way to find out is have a look what people are wearing. 

I think that combination sounds more than suitable for a casual night. As many have said, it is about the overall look. I think smart, well-fitted jeans with a shirt and blazer could easily look much smarter than dated or ill-fitting trousers of another material. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Different people have different ideas as to what that means. It's not so much clothes that bother me - general manners, courtesy and behaviour are more important. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Different people have different ideas as to what that means. It's not so much clothes that bother me - general manners, courtesy and behaviour are more important. 

So you would be happy to sit next to someone who obviously have not made a effort so long as his general manners met your approval,ok it takes all sorts to make a world.

• Like 1

I have worn jeans in a MDR on a cruise and would personally put a limit on the condition and, basically their age.  So I will wear jeans that are looking smart (well fitting and not baggy or over tight) and have a uniform colour.  If they have started looking lighter coloured at the knees, then I would not consider them suitable for MDR, but would wear them by day anywhere.

If you wish to be safe, you could do the same and if it means buying a new pair of jeans to take with you, they would always be worn again.  I suggest buying something before you go would be much easier and cheaper then just buying something at a port in a hurry.

If you have a light weight pair of ordinary trousers, or even a pair of suit trousers you could always throw them in your case, even if you hope not to wear them.

Happy cruise.

Edited by tring

9 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

So you would be happy to sit next to someone who obviously have not made a effort so long as his general manners met your approval,ok it takes all sorts to make a world.

I have seen a number of fairly sloppily dressed people on P&O over the years and they were not wearing jeans.  Lets face it some jeans are a whole lot more expensive and smarter looking than most other clothes worn on cruise ships.

The term smart is what matters IMO.

Edited by tring
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, tring said:

I have seen a number of fairly sloppily dressed people on P&O over the years and they were not wearing jeans.  Lets face it some jeans are a whole lot more expensive and smarter looking than most other clothes worn on cruise ships.

The term smart is what matters IMO.

Sorry but IMO whilst I agree you can spend a fortune on designer label jeans but end of the day they are still jeans and are never smarter, again my opinion, whatever the cost than a pair of trousers whether it be with a shirt or as part of a suit.

Edited by majortom10