Cabin question Nieuw Amsterdam

labgalbella

We've had several cabins close to elevators and never had a real problem. You might hear some loud talking once in a while and faint bells when your TV is off, but that's about it. 

Edited by catl331

• 2 weeks later...

I have cabin questions as well.  We are booking the 7 day Nieuw Amsterdam "Tropical Caribbean" cruise 2/15-2/22.  We are considering an aft facing cabin on Deck 6 or 7.  We sail so boat motion does not bother us.  We also have not done any cruising aside from brief 4 day ventures out of Galveston which is just an hour drive for us.  We plan to fly in Friday and spend the night in Ft. L before boarding Saturday.  Looking for any recommendations or tips!!  Thanks!!

The only drawback to a stern cabin is that it can become very hot is sailing in warm areas. We did like the larger balcony, but missed the breeze when underway.  Have stayed with side balconies ever since. 

I think HAL ships are very well designed as far as the location of the elevators. Even the cabins closest to them really are not that close to them!  I don't think you'll be bothered in the least.

We've stayed in several cabins right next to the elevators or near them as your cabin is.  I've never been bothered by the dings or by any noise from traffic (other passengers).  You'll enjoy that location, since it's only steps away from getting on the elevators, which take you to MDR or Lido Marketplace.  Very convenient.  Our preferred location on any dam ship.

22 hours ago, Laurie_TX said:

I have cabin questions as well.  We are booking the 7 day Nieuw Amsterdam "Tropical Caribbean" cruise 2/15-2/22.  We are considering an aft facing cabin on Deck 6 or 7.  We sail so boat motion does not bother us.  We also have not done any cruising aside from brief 4 day ventures out of Galveston which is just an hour drive for us.  We plan to fly in Friday and spend the night in Ft. L before boarding Saturday.  Looking for any recommendations or tips!!  Thanks!!

You may get less of a breeze, but you'll have a fabulous view of the wake, which is mesmerizing.  Totally relaxing.  Enjoy.

We often get cabins near elevators and never experienced a problem with noise and we love the convenience to the elevators/stairs.

Rather than 6114, I would take either 6112 or 6116, as 6114 opens right out to the elevator area and MIGHT get a bit more noise.

We were in 6082 which was a great cabin - very large and comfortable. It's right by the elevators and we didn't notice any excessive noise. Every once in a while you might hear some kids or loud talking in the hallway but that had nothing to do with the elevators. Be warned though, people can see from the glass elevators onto your balcony so you have to dress appropriately. If you're reading this, ma'am, I apologize for the show I inadvertently gave you in December 2018.

3 hours ago, SumoCitrus said:

We were in 6082 which was a great cabin - very large and comfortable. It's right by the elevators and we didn't notice any excessive noise. Every once in a while you might hear some kids or loud talking in the hallway but that had nothing to do with the elevators. Be warned though, people can see from the glass elevators onto your balcony so you have to dress appropriately. If you're reading this, ma'am, I apologize for the show I inadvertently gave you in December 2018.

Good point about people being able to see onto your balcony in certain cabins, but the OP is by the aft elevator bank which does not have those outside glass elevators, so not a worry for them.