Harmony or Symphony?

Need to decide by tomorrow. Cruising next June. Which one: Harmony to St. Kitts, San Juan, and CocoCay OR Symphony to St Maarten, St Thomas, and CocoCay? Cruising with son and his girlfriend (they will be 23 and 22/almost 23.  There would be 2 or 3 days post cruise in Florida to spend time with daughter and her boyfriend (he won’t cruise because he gets seasick). Husband and I will be on Harmony in December so we are thinking maybe Symphony for next June but son hasn’t cruised since he was 3 and his girlfriend never cruised.

2 minutes ago, tagpsu said:

Need to decide by tomorrow. Cruising next June. Which one: Harmony to St. Kitts, San Juan, and CocoCay OR Symphony to St Maarten, St Thomas, and CocoCay? Cruising with son and his girlfriend (they will be 23 and 22/almost 23.  There would be 2 or 3 days post cruise in Florida to spend time with daughter and her boyfriend (he won’t cruise because he gets seasick). Husband and I will be on Harmony in December so we are thinking maybe Symphony for next June but son hasn’t cruised since he was 3 and his girlfriend never cruised.

I think you answered your dilemma. By virtue  of the fact you'll be on Harmony later this year, do Symphony. I did Harmony last year and loved the ship, but wanted to see some differences. Therefore, I'm off on Symphony in 3 weeks.

Harmony is amazing, has great shows (Grease / The Fine Line) and Symphony is the evolution of that. The biggest complaint for adults about Harmony was the lack of pool in the Solarium. That was addressed. Everything else, from what I understand, is just a repeat with minor nuances to keep it fresh.

3 minutes ago, ryguy2008 said:

at. The biggest complaint for adults about Harmony was the lack of pool in the Solarium. That was addressed. Everything else, from what I understand, is just a repeat with minor nuances to keep it fresh

That’s good to know. I did read something. about that.l. Symphony is a bit More expensive but maybe the better choice? Definitely want the kids (well they’re kids to me lol) to have fun. 

3 minutes ago, tagpsu said:

I loved both ship. However, my preference is the Harmony because of the crew and the better feel on the overall experience. With that being said, we cruised on the Harmony only weeks after coming to Florida so it may have changed since then. We sailed on the Symphony last year when it was also new to Florida. We loved Hooked on the Symphony and also all the shows. There are different shows on the Harmony which were equally wonderful. So, in conclusion, you really can’t go wrong with either ship. If you are going on the Harmony in December, you probably should do the Symphony. 

You’ve probably already decided but I’d do Symphony. I just went on Symphony in April and I’m going on Harmony in October. I’d want different shows. While the ships are similar, playmakers on S is awesome. If you do specialty dining, S also has Hooked. As previously mentioned it also had the Solarium pool. 

So unless the islands on one itinerary speak to you more, I’d do Symphony.

let us know what you decided. 

Agree.  If you'll be on Harmony, then go for Symphony... you'll see different shows.  Haven't been on Harmony yet so can't compare ship to ship but Symphony is amazing .  It's fun to explore with amazing art work all around and great service, food and amenities (which is probably the same for Harmony)