Escape Room on Sky/Enchanted

LeeW

Just got email about "Mystery of the Phantom Bridge" coming to the two new ships.  Didn't see it available for booking yet, though.

Ready to go on an adventure through time and space? Welcome to Phantom Bridge, an industry-first, escape room driven by cutting-edge gaming technology that immerses you in the world of Dr. Minerva Bezel. Part of our Discovery at SEA program designed to inspire curiosity, this next-level escape room tests your creative thinking and problem solving skills. Decipher clues to see if you have what it takes to join Dr. Bezel’s secret society of timekeepers. Exclusively available on our newest ships*!

8 hours ago, donswife said:

Looks pretty complex; I wonder if there will be an extra charge?

I read a post in another thread that on the Grand they were charging $5 per person. 

Like everything else on Princess if enough people seem to enjoy it you can be sure they'll start charging for it.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I read a post in another thread that on the Grand they were charging $5 per person. 

Like everything else on Princess if enough people seem to enjoy it you can be sure they'll start charging for it.

More likely that it cuts down on the "no shows" since you have to sign up ahead and there are limited spots.

• Like 2

I just received the email yesterday too.  I'll be sticking close eyes to this thread and future notifications form Princess.  We're on the Inaugural sailing of the Enchanted and definitely looking forward to this.  It said that there are 700 possible outcomes in finishing. Wild!

I wonder all of the specifics. If you can do it just as your own group.  If they force you to do it with whoever is waiting..How the reservations work..It would be great for our first sea day, or any of them lol.  So we for sure want to be on the early list.  And then also the cost.

So hopefully we get some good details as the time goes by. Especially when they debut Sky.

At least it's a different Escape Room. They seem to run the same one on the other ships so, if you've done it once, there's no point in doing it on another cruise. I found that out the hard way. Poop. I haven't heard of them charging for it though. I certainly wasn't charged. It wasn't worth $5.

Edited by Thrak

41 minutes ago, Thrak said:

At least it's a different Escape Room. They seem to run the same one on the other ships so, if you've done it once, there's no point in doing it on another cruise. I found that out the hard way. Poop. I haven't heard of them charging for it though. I certainly wasn't charged. It wasn't worth $5.

That's the issue they have with some of their onboard games like the liars club (same exact words to find out who is telling the truth), and their new high seas heist (same exact case).

There is a brand new mystery game coming to Sky and Enchanted.  Just had an email yesterday.  The photo shows a family, so perhaps they are making it family-friendly and not too difficult for kids.  Or maybe intended for teens.  Anyway, always nice to see new diversions, but I wouldn't book a cruise just to do that.

4 hours ago, donswife said:

More likely that it cuts down on the "no shows" since you have to sign up ahead and there are limited spots.

Somehow I tend to think it has to do with dollars then no-shows.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

That $5 charge was on the Grand - most likely the old escape room with the doll. 

This is the press release info

Princess Cruises has revealed that an escape room at sea will feature on its two newest ships, the 3,660-guest Sky Princess and Enchanted Princess.

Combining digital and physical challenges, the ‘Phantom Bridge’ involves players captaining and steering a simulated ship through a range of historical and future time periods. Accompanying lighting, sound and digital features create a realistic interactive experience as players ultimately try to find the room’s exit key.

To progress through the story, guests must work as a team to uncover clues and solve puzzles with the ‘ship’ transforming and responding to their actions.

The Phantom Bridge is tailored to players of all ages and physical abilities so families and friends can play together. It features a number of levels, time periods and brainteasers with more than 700 possible outcomes on offer, meaning returning players can experience multiple different endings.

Games last around 25 minutes and accommodate up to six people. The Phantom Bridge will feature in a new ‘experience centre’ on deck 16.

1615349551_PhantomBridge.thumb.jpg.e9312dbc6507134894e239bcc98c8ad1.jpg

20 hours ago, grouchomarx said:

I'm not generally into these types of things but it could be a fun thing to do on a rainy day.  $5 is cheap enough to me. I just have a feeling I'd be the dumb one who can't figure out anything.

Grouchomarx,

Me, too!!!!!

Pooh

• Like 1

We tried an escape room on our last land vacation - we were dismal at it.  There  is a kind of "knack" for how far to think on these things - and not to overthink them.  We don't have it.

But that said - i would certainly give it a try on a ship.

Don

5 hours ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Definitely looking forward to giving it a try!  May need to go to an Escape Room locally and get some practice in so I don't look like that "lost" guy!  LOL!

While the more rooms you do the better you get, I would suggest you watch the generalized YouTube videos on escape rooms for overall hints. 

• Like 1