Received Luggage Tags Via Mail

derek005

I was in a regular balcony room on our recent Joy cruise and got them too. The first few times we sailed we got them (10-15 years ago) and then they stopped sending them and you had to print them. 

No idea why we got them this time. 

1 minute ago, ute_fan said:

I was in a regular balcony room on our recent Joy cruise and got them too. The first few times we sailed we got them (10-15 years ago) and then they stopped sending them and you had to print them. 

No idea why we got them this time. 

20% gratuity not included, lol

20 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

So, all of you who received the bag tags by mail (not in a suite) are sailing on the Joy?   Sounds like an interesting computer glitch🤔

i remember reading some people got luggage tags on the bliss as part of the inaugurate season for the ship..maybe they are doing something similar for the joy

I got them for Bliss in Alaska. My guess is it's for sailings out of the Seattle port for some reason. They also had a tent where they put tags on if you didn't have any - those tags had the Bliss purple on them and looked to be sturdier like the ones I was mailed.

ETA Bird was typing while I was with more knowledge. I will say Seattle was different from the Florida ports where the bags are almost to the boat before I get out of the car! 

Edited by smplybcause

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

I got them for Bliss in Alaska. My guess is it's for sailings out of the Seattle port for some reason. They also had a tent where they put tags on if you didn't have any - those tags had the Bliss purple on them and looked to be sturdier like the ones I was mailed.

ETA Bird was typing while I was with more knowledge. I will say Seattle was different from the Florida ports where the bags are almost to the boat before I get out of the car! 

I believe that at Miami the pier is space owned by NCL whereas Seattle it is a contracted work zone.

As BirdTravels posted - due to the small space to work with it is important to keep the luggage moving.

In the hold of the BLISS or JOY there is a lot of room to work with and there are raves and kudos when the luggage is

delivered promptly to your cabin door. Move it - Move it - don't let it pile up into a mess.

I believe that NCL owns the pier in Seattle since they recently enlarged it to handle the Bliss and Joy. I agree that the area in front of the pier - the passenger/luggage zone is quite small. Perhaps since it is only used for a few months they contract the workers to staff it.

A tip for those who are dropping off luggage in Seattle -

There are actually two luggage drop off areas.  The one shown in the pictures above is the primary area which the signs point to, but is really only convenient if you are arriving on a transfer bus.  There is a second area that is on the other (south) side of the building if you walk past the lines where you enter security.  We discovered this only after fighting against the flow of passengers disembarking from the previous cruise to get to the signed luggage drop area.  Also, don't attempt to enter the doors next to the north luggage drop point as that's an exit only.