Premium Plus Beverage Package

Voelfgar

22 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Definitely upgrading, thanks for the update!

The $29 is per day per person plus 20%.  So that's about $35/day or $245pp. It would take 49 premium beverages/person to make up the expense in a week. 

That package will fit for some, but be expensive and likely wasteful for most. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nola26 said:

The $29 is per day per person plus 20%.  So that's about $35/day or $245pp. It would take 49 premium beverages/person to make up the expense in a week. 

I don't think it would take near that many drinks to break even drinking Whistle Pig BOURBON....YMMV.  I think it covers drinks up to $35.  And they are out there, So two of those a day would cover the drink package, IF my math is right.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

Here is the Premium Plus Beverage Package flyer prepared by NCL.   This list matches my lousy photos.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package.pdf

We upgraded to the Premium Plus Beverage Package (PPBP) from the Premium Beverage Package on the six night Bliss Pacific Coastal.   I believe it was only the second cruise where the new package was available.  Cost was $29.00 plus 20% gratuity for a total of $34.80 per person per day.  For the 6 night kick back cruise we dearly loved the upgraded beverage package.   Our favorite thing about the package was ordering the same drink made with different premium spirits and doing our own side by side taste testings.  I loved the Botanist Gin, the Ciroc Vodka and the Wyland Rum and had several drinks throughout the week made with them.  Because the package was so new if server was new to me I'd say I have the PPBP and would like so and so made with such and such.   It was also fun trying things new to me like the Chambord Black Raspberry where I just asked the bartender to make me something special with it. 

Elijah Craig is not on the package list but they had it on the Bliss and there was no problem in getting it.  Same with another couple spirits .... can't remember what they were.  Point is, if you see something on the shelf and you'd like to try it and have the PPBP just ask the bartender.

When you go to dinner tell your server you have the PPBP and would like the drink menu that includes the wines included in that package.  The wines available by the bottle will be *'d on the menu.  You are allowed two bottles per meal and you are allowed to share the wine or take your unfinished bottle with you or have it stored for you.  We also loved having specialty coffee included - visited the Starbucks on the Bliss at least once and sometimes twice a day. 

Edited by kjquilts
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

I don't think it would take near that many drinks to break even drinking Whistle Pig BOURBON....YMMV.  I think it covers drinks up to $35.  And they are out there, So two of those a day would cover the drink package, IF my math is right.  

You would pay the difference, not the full price on the standard plan. I assumed a $5 avg premium. 

23 minutes ago, Nola26 said:

You would pay the difference, not the full price on the standard plan. I assumed a $5 avg premium. 

The difference in the drink I quoted was around $20....I have seen many of the HIGH line bourbons priced at $25+ or more.  The Champagne that everyone likes is right at $35 bucks....

I guess we see this differently, it appears very easy to get your money's worth to me, maybe to you, not so much.  And that's good...choices are good for all.  

Of course, I have it on an upcoming 5 day Sun Cruise, so it only cost me around $6 a day PP for the Wife and I.  I'll know a lot more about it come August 19th.  🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nola26 said:

It isn't worth it if you're only going to have drinks only a few bucks over the regular $15 limit. But if you'd prefer those drinks that are 10/15/20 over the $15 limit - especially if it's one that's $20 over the limit - it only takes a few drinks a day to make it worth it. Respectively 4/3/2 drinks a day pushes you over the breakeven line. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

It isn't worth it if you're only going to have drinks only a few bucks over the regular $15 limit. But if you'd prefer those drinks that are 10/15/20 over the $15 limit - especially if it's one that's $20 over the limit - it only takes a few drinks a day to make it worth it. Respectively 4/3/2 drinks a day pushes you over the breakeven line. 

Also, if you are a wine drinker the number of bottles of wine included in the Premium Plus Beverage package plus 40% off any not included bottles of wine, wine and spirit experiences, tastings and flights made the upgrade well worth it to us.  NCL's regular Beverage package wine by the glass selection is not great so we really appreciated the expanded wine menu.  The Veuve Clicquot at $99 per bottle or  $35 or $39 (can't remember which) per glass was probably the most expensive inclusion in the upgraded package.    Fresh squeezed juice, Starbucks, bottled water also included. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nola26 said:

Not for nothing, but on my last cruise on RCCL, I had the beverage package, and I figured it took me 5 drinks per day to make it worthwhile.  I had that licked by lunch.  I'm sorry, but I'm on vacation, and if I feel like drinking more than I typically do, so be it! It seems to me that what you're saying is that we are irresponsible adults if we drink 49 drinks in 7 days?  I intend to make NCL PAY ME to NOT take the package!  I am up to the challenge, and if I want to drink the hidden Blanton's Bourbon at Maltings ALL WEEK LONG, PLUS a bottle of Clicquot Champagne at dinner, then an after dinner drink, THEN more Bourbon, or even an Anejo Tequila, SO BE IT.  They're gonna be sorry they ever offered it to me!

Challenge.....accepted!

Oh, did I mention, I already have a check in at Betty Ford after my cruise?  And a liver transplant on the books too????  

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Here's a pic of the included spirits/wines available with Premium Plus.  I upgraded my last cruise, but dont think id do it again. The Sommelier in Cellars on Bliss would only give me wines from this list, even it was on the menu at $20 per glass. Not sure if he was misinformed, but he would not budge on this. I also found it difficult to find the good wines at other venues.

Premium plus.jpg

2 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

I am up to the challenge, and if I want to drink the hidden Blanton's Bourbon at Maltings ...

Is this on a particular ship? Thanks.

On 7/15/2019 at 8:33 PM, HOSKI said:

So I would love to know what wines with dinner are included in the upgraded package.  I'm not a big wine drinker but I do enjoy Moscato. 

On my last cruise in 2017 on the Escape the Moscato was very good, and included in the standard package. Our group of 6 would go thru several bottles over dinner (poured a glass at a time.). It was Lindemans Bin 90. We loved it so much we got a local liquor store to special order it for us and now keep ourselves stocked with it. And it’s pretty cheap... under $10. Hoping they are pouring the same one this time.

15 hours ago, Lbicklel said:

. It was Lindemans Bin 90. We loved it so much we got a local liquor store to special order it for us and now keep ourselves stocked with it. And it’s pretty cheap... under $10. Hoping they are pouring the same one this time.

Perfect I really like the Linderman and buy it at home.  $12.99 a bottle here.

The package offered us is $99.00/day which I might have considered. But then that was per person and every adult in our mini-suite had to be on it, and our 2 daughters had to have the soda package for another $110 each. 

For an 11 day cruise that comes to $2400 give or take before the gratuity. Aside from an occasional glass of wine with dinner, my wife doesn’t drink and the kids don’t drink soda. As for me I like top shelf Scotch JW black or higher and wine, and maybe a very occasional beer. 

Typically I might have a scotch (double) with an appetizer then switch to wine for the meal and then maybe Another scotch with a cigar later.  That would be a wild night lol, but one that I might repeat every evening on the ship:). Seldom will I have anything before 5pm so for me I don’t think I could possibly run up a $2400 bar tab if I tried lol. 

If I could get the drink package just for myself it might be worth it, or I could make it worth it:). Is there anyway around the rules that make it apply to everyone in your suite? 

On Princess I was able to get a bottle of JW sent to the cabin, and enjoyed many an evening on the balcony sipping it. But NCL only will deliver wine/champagne? I did read somewhere about being able to get a “Bar setup” with a bottle or bottles placed in your cabin on the first day of cruise.

We are on the Pearl sailing the 28th from Rome, with all the questions they are no doubt getting about the ship regarding the engine problems and cancellations I have not been able to get through to anyone to inquire. 

I think the bar bar set up is like $120/bottle not sure the size of bottle though or any other details. Anyone done this?

Edited by HighDesert34

On 7/16/2019 at 2:38 PM, hilomelko said:

Does the premium plus cover fresh squeezed juice at the buffet during breakfast???

Yes, if you look at the pics I posted at the beginning of the thread it specifically says fresh squeezed juices.

21 hours ago, wetcoast said:

Here's a pic of the included spirits/wines available with Premium Plus.  I upgraded my last cruise, but dont think id do it again. The Sommelier in Cellars on Bliss would only give me wines from this list, even it was on the menu at $20 per glass. Not sure if he was misinformed, but he would not budge on this. I also found it difficult to find the good wines at other venues.

Premium plus.jpg

Something that may matter to people.... specialty coffees (espresso, cappuccino, etc) are available ONLY in the dining room

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

Something that may matter to people.... specialty coffees (espresso, cappuccino, etc) are available ONLY in the dining room

WOW! That’s a game changer for me. Thanks for the heads up. At least I no longer have to make a decision as to whether or not this package is worth it. The coffee was what might’ve bumped it  up to being worth it for me. But dining room only is of no value to me.

2 minutes ago, Lbicklel said:

WOW! That’s a game changer for me. Thanks for the heads up. At least I no longer have to make a decision as to whether or not this package is worth it. The coffee was what might’ve bumped it  up to being worth it for me. But dining room only is of no value to me.

It's worth spending some time on NCL's website and reading the T&Cs of promos and packages

I’d bathe in Verve Cliquot if I could, so I’d love to upgrade to it for my upcoming Bliss cruise this Sunday but I don’t see it offered online at this point. Maybe when I get onboard. I already have the UBP.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rwest898 said:

I thought I read on an earlier post that Starbucks was included for the specialty coffee.  It's not a deal breaker for me if it's not but I guess I can call and verify.

It is included. The exclusion was for the premium upgrade available on the ships that had the "free open bar" which is ending. If you chose the premium upgrade as a perk, coffee was available in the dining room only. That is not this package. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zippeedee said:

It is included. The exclusion was for the premium upgrade available on the ships that had the "free open bar" which is ending. If you chose the premium upgrade as a perk, coffee was available in the dining room only. That is not this package. 

Thank you.  We are going to do the Premium Plus so glad to hear it's included.