price match

Actually, they do guarantee the low price within 48 hours of booking, the PM is paid in the form of OBC. If Expedia is cheaper, it's likely that they have a group. It will be interesting to see what Royal does.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/best-price-guarantee-policy

They won't match the perks.

25 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Actually, they do guarantee the low price within 48 hours of booking, the PM is paid in the form of OBC. If Expedia is cheaper, it's likely that they have a group. It will be interesting to see what Royal does.

No they won’t. They only match prices on their own website for 48 hours, not prices on 3rd party sites. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

No.

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No they won’t. They only match prices on their own website for 48 hours, not prices on 3rd party sites. 

Yes.

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Which only ever comes into play if you are booking after final payment. Before final payment you just call and get the price adjusted. 

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Which only ever comes into play if you are booking after final payment. Before final payment you just call and get the price adjusted. 

???? 

No, you can see lower prices on 3rd party sites all the time, and RCI never matches those prices. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

???? 

No, you can see lower prices on 3rd party sites all the time. 

As noted, they don’t give a fig about third party sites and will not match anything on them. 

3 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

???? 

No, you can see lower prices on 3rd party sites all the time, and RCI never matches those prices. 

I never said they did.

I was agreeing with your post that Royal only matches their own web prices but it does not come into play unless you are after final payment.

5 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

My apologies, I mis-understood your post. 

I think that you now understand that Ken meant that the 48 hour price guarantee from Royal Caribbean only applies to cruises that are past final payment.  It's not needed before final payment because they just give you the lower price in that situation.

Half the time they can’t even honor their own pricing because their systems are so screwed up. Countless times I’ve called for adjustments and been told things like ‘you can’t combine a resident discount with a Deal promo code’, yet lo and behold there it is on their website. Now I just immediately ask for a supervisor.

7 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Off topic...

If final payment has passed, can someone cancel with a full refund within 24 hours?

If final payment date has passed, you are in the penalty period and will lose some amount of your fare:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/booking-cancellation-refund-policy

9 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Off topic...

If final payment has passed, can someone cancel with a full refund within 24 hours?

I believe US law requires air/ship/train/etc travel to be fully refundable within 24 hours of a booking, regardless of any type of "final payment date" policy the particular carrier might have. Exception being if you are within one week of the travel.

Edited by SamTimeDining

6 hours ago, SamTimeDining said:

I believe US law requires air/ship/train/etc travel to be fully refundable within 24 hours of a booking, regardless of any type of "final payment date" policy the particular carrier might have. Exception being if you are within one week of the travel.

Not exactly.... the law requires you to either offer a no-fee reservation for 24 hours or a refundable-for-24-hours option.  Most airlines offer the refundable-for-24-hours option, but I believe there is one that offers the reservation option instead of the refundable.

7 minutes ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

I thought that as of about 10 years ago, that, with the exception of a group booking, all prices are suppose to be the same no matter if you book direct with Royal or a travel agent?

That was my understanding.