Allure-how long to get off at port

Never sailed on royal before and am wondering how long it takes to get off the ship at each port. We only have limited time in port some days (specifically SJ) and are trying to make plans. On other cruiselines I have seen lines span several decks waiting for gangway to open and it takes a lot of waiting (over an hour) to get off the ship. Curious how it is on royal.

Edited by depot72

I think the best answer anyone can give you is.... 'It depends'. 
There are too many factors that go into that question.... the port, the time of day, the ship, etc. 
But if you have been on other cruises... I would say its not much different. People rush to get off the gangway 'first'... but if you wait about 30 mins to an hour... you can usually walk off at your leisure. 

Have never waited an hour, maybe 20 minutes.  Yes the lines will span several decks at times, especially if you are trying to exit when first arriving and did not get in-line early.  We usually wait an hour or so before trying to leave. 

2 hours ago, depot72 said:

Never sailed on royal before and am wondering how long it takes to get off the ship at each port. We only have limited time in port some days (specifically SJ) and are trying to make plans. On other cruiselines I have seen lines span several decks waiting for gangway to open and it takes a lot of waiting (over an hour) to get off the ship. Curious how it is on royal.

The first guests are usually leaving the ship within 30 minutes.

We sailed on the Allure 5/26/19-5/2/19 and found there to be no issues getting off of the ship at any port. It was far faster than our previous experiences on Princess. We were on the 6th deck though, so we just had to go down a deck or 2 to get off.  The elevators could consume a lot of time, if you're dependent on them to go down. We were able to take the stairs. Basically we just walked off in PR and St. Maarten, with no lines at all.

Although, like some other posters, we never rushed to be the first ones off. Why wait in any line, when if you just stay on ship and enjoy breakfast, you can walk off a little later.

Edited by pmck

Having sailed the Allure this year on May 5 and June 30 I can tell you we walked off leisurely no lines at all ports approx 10 min. after the captain announced that you can exit.

But we have heard that sometimes the ship puts up ropes as a stop point,  so you cannot get to close to the lower floors on the stair cases.  Did not witness this for ourselves.

Got an elevator, pushed the magic star button that takes you to the deck that you exit on, and go to security, and off we went.

Enjoy