Reserved pool seating area for suites

Maybe I'm not using the proper wording, but I can't seem to find any info. on this area while using the Search function.

Can you tell me about it?

I know I read it has a hot tub.  

Does it have a shady area?

Where is it?  Close by the pools?

How big is it?  Easy to get loungers?

This would be for Oasis.  Do you think the amplification will change its location?

There is no reserved pool seating area for suites. There is a private sundeck two or three decks above the pool deck. It does not face the pool; it is not convenient to access the pool. It has not had a hot tub. Check the deck plans to get the best idea.

Because the suite  deck  it is not near the pools, few families with children are there.    We've never had any problem getting loungers.  There often some shade but it will change according to the direction of the ship, and time of day.

M

We love the suite sun deck on Oasis.  While there isn't a pool or hot tub there are a few private cabana type areas and plenty of loungers in and out of the sun.  There is also a bar, with a few snacks, towels and restrooms. 

1 hour ago, mafig said:

Maybe I'm not using the proper wording, but I can't seem to find any info. on this area while using the Search function.

This would be for Oasis.  Do you think the amplification will change its location?

Unless the amp has added a hot tub there is not one on oasis and allure.  Just loungers with a few cabanas to use.  Also bar is on the auite sundeck.  So you two have decided on doing oasis soon?

1 hour ago, mafig said:

It does have shade in the cabanas.

1 hour ago, frank808 said:

Unless the amp has added a hot tub there is not one on oasis and allure.  Just loungers with a few cabanas to use.  Also bar is on the auite sundeck.  So you two have decided on doing oasis soon?

No, haven't decided.  And not soon.  Probably early next year.  

Considering Serenade, Oasis, Meraviglia or  Edge.  

Can't believe how not having a cruise booked is making me antsy.😀

--I know you said you were considering MSC next year (summer?).  Which ship?

3 hours ago, mafig said:

No, haven't decided.  And not soon.  Probably early next year.  

Considering Serenade, Oasis, Meraviglia or  Edge.  

Can't believe how not having a cruise booked is making me antsy.😀

--I know you said you were considering MSC next year (summer?).  Which ship?

Beginning to look like 2 weeks on Seaside June 13-27 2020. My wife says one week cruise. I argued we are not flying 15hrs one way for a 7 day cruise. So I think I won. Just waiting for the TA to get back to me with prices of cabins. Have to cruise with MSC to retain our Black status! Join us on the Serenade on Jan 10 2020 for a 10 night cruise or Jan 20 2020 for the 11 night cruise.

Will definitely miss Arthur though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mafig said:

It is upstairs, 2 decks above the pool.  We walked up there - super hot!  Yes there are shady areas, but no pool, just hot tub.  Even if I was in a suite, I would not sit up there, we like being by the pool where we can people watch and jump in the pool if we want.

Our friends were in a Star Suite and even they would not go up there, but sat at the pool instead.

2 hours ago, karena1 said:

It is upstairs, 2 decks above the pool.  We walked up there - super hot!  Yes there are shady areas, but no pool, just hot tub.  Even if I was in a suite, I would not sit up there, we like being by the pool where we can people watch and jump in the pool if we want.

Our friends were in a Star Suite and even they would not go up there, but sat at the pool instead.

You were just on Oasis before her refurb and there was a hot tub on the suite sundeck? 

8 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Boy I just do not remember a hot tub up there.

I could be wrong, was only up there once just to see what it looked like.  We are on so many different ships I forget what I see on each one!

10 hours ago, frank808 said:

You were just on Oasis before her refurb and there was a hot tub on the suite sundeck? 

Hi Frank,

Miss the 3 of you. The Hot Tub on the Suite Deck is on the Harmony. As of now, no Hot Tub on the Suite Deck for the Oasis and Allure. Hope to sail with you again in the future. Doing 9 Oasis Class cruises this year.

Edited by STANMELB
more info

3 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Hi Frank,

Miss the 3 of you. The Hot Tub on the Suite Deck is on the Harmony. As of now, no Hot Tub on the Suite Deck for the Oasis and Allure. Hope to sail with you again in the future. Doing 9 Oasis Class cruises this year.

Okay, that must be where I saw it then when I was out and about taking pictures!

15 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Boy I just do not remember a hot tub up there.

We were on Oasis in August 2015...stayed in a GS.  There was a suite sundeck on 17 (agreed it was way too hot and away from the pool.  There were cabanas that we took advantage of a couple of times...it was nice, private, quiet, and provided shade.  There was a bar available which was very handy, but nope...no hot tub.  The closest hot tubs were on the pool deck or the solarium.

11 minutes ago, SuzD123 said:

We were on Oasis in August 2015...stayed in a GS.  There was a suite sundeck on 17 (agreed it was way too hot and away from the pool.  There were cabanas that we took advantage of a couple of times...it was nice, private, quiet, and provided shade.  There was a bar available which was very handy, but nope...no hot tub.  The closest hot tubs were on the pool deck or the solarium.

I remember the bar, with the stack of towels nearby and bags of chips available. Very nice.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I remember the bar, with the stack of towels nearby and bags of chips available. Very nice.

I also remember the bar with the chips and stuff, just got the ship mixed up with who had the hot tub.  Even if I had a suite, which I don't do, I would not sit up there, way to hot and too far away from everything.  We like to people watch so love sitting at the pool all day

Our next cruise is on msc seaside which has its own deck and pool for there yacht club, celebrity new ship. The edge has the same for suites. Prefer reserved pool seats on voyager and freedom class which are very close to pool.

30 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I also remember the bar with the chips and stuff, just got the ship mixed up with who had the hot tub.  Even if I had a suite, which I don't do, I would not sit up there, way to hot and too far away from everything.  We like to people watch so love sitting at the pool all day

Most of the time we would agree with you about being around the pool, but sometimes we just want some quiet, and the suite area serves very nicely for that.

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Most of the time we would agree with you about being around the pool, but sometimes we just want some quiet, and the suite area serves very nicely for that.

We don't do suites, so never sat up there, just took some pictures.  We are total people watching people and like to be around everyone, so quiet, peaceful is not something we look to do on a cruise.  Only thing we have found we really like with MTD is eating alone.  We meet so many people on a cruise we have found it is nice to eat and chat about the day and what we are going to do the next day and not worry about table mates

47 minutes ago, karena1 said:

We don't do suites, so never sat up there, just took some pictures.  We are total people watching people and like to be around everyone, so quiet, peaceful is not something we look to do on a cruise.  Only thing we have found we really like with MTD is eating alone.  We meet so many people on a cruise we have found it is nice to eat and chat about the day and what we are going to do the next day and not worry about table mates

We are exactly the same.

Couldn't have worded it better. 

• Like 1