Welcome pick-up

CAVE MAN

4 minutes ago, CAVE MAN said:

Has anyone used this service in Barcelona "Welcome Pick-up"? They say they will pick you up at your hotel and take you on a 4 hour tour and then to the port. Thank you for any suggestion.

We did this last month.  It was a great way to get an overview of the beautiful city.  We used J&G Elegance Cars.  They will happily email you a quote. Very easy to work with. 

Edited by pno4te
Spelling error

14 hours ago, helpthejuggler said:

We used them 4 times in June and were very happy.

I recommended them to a friend who visited Barcelona over the weekend, also very impressed.

Thank you, that was what I was looking for, someone who could recommend them!!!! Anything else you could share about them, I would love to hear!!!!

The price is given when you book your journey. I created a profile with photo on their site and paid with a credit card.

The drivers use whatsapp to stay in contact, if you give them your number, our drivers all sent a message saying where they were. Great for an airport transfer.

An email confirms the driver name and a photo, vehicle type. If plans change you can adjust from your phone.

A little more than a regular taxi, but worthwhile.

Check the TripAdvisor reviews, lots of happy customers.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, helpthejuggler said:

The price is given when you book your journey. I created a profile with photo on their site and paid with a credit card.

The drivers use whatsapp to stay in contact, if you give them your number, our drivers all sent a message saying where they were. Great for an airport transfer.

An email confirms the driver name and a photo, vehicle type. If plans change you can adjust from your phone.

Many thanks, for helping me make a decision!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 9:26 AM, helpthejuggler said:

If we will have 3 suitcases and 2 backpacks, do the two backpacks count as "handbags?" If the answer is yes, it changes the price from $37 to $63! I cannot imagine 2 backpacks would make a difference but I wasn't sure if saying 3 suitcases was being honest when booking BCN to our hotel.  I would just get a taxi but I have read some reports that some taxi's don't want to take people all the way to their hotels bc it's on las ramblas and the tourists end up dragging their luggage down the street - makes them a prime target for a pickpocket or being robbed. I would prefer to be taken all the way to my hotel.  Also, I have never been to Europe so when should I arrange for the car to pick us up after the plane arrives (waiting in bags and customs)? Is an hour after plane arrival a good time to schedule a pick up?

2 hours ago, erby2283 said:

If we will have 3 suitcases and 2 backpacks, do the two backpacks count as "handbags?" If the answer is yes, it changes the price from $37 to $63! I cannot imagine 2 backpacks would make a difference but I wasn't sure if saying 3 suitcases was being honest when booking BCN to our hotel.  I would just get a taxi but I have read some reports that some taxi's don't want to take people all the way to their hotels bc it's on las ramblas and the tourists end up dragging their luggage down the street - makes them a prime target for a pickpocket or being robbed. I would prefer to be taken all the way to my hotel.  Also, I have never been to Europe so when should I arrange for the car to pick us up after the plane arrives (waiting in bags and customs)? Is an hour after plane arrival a good time to schedule a pick up?

How big are the backpacks? If they will fit on your lap, I would not worry. The luggage is to fit in a car or do they send a people carrier. Las Ramblas has traffic along the sides so you will get close.

1hr is fine, give your flight info and they will monitor your arrival.

• Like 1

Has anyone used this service in Barcelona "Welcome Pick-up"? They say they will pick you up at your hotel and take you on a 4 hour tour and then to the port. Thank you for any suggestion.

Since we will be on the Viking  Jupiter, and NOT in a hotel,  where will the "pick-up point" be?

I'm told vendors are not allowed inside the secure port facilities, only taxis..

Edited by $hip$hape