Nieuw Ameterdam -- Bedding Question

Italy52

Just returned form a 1-week Alaska cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam.  As always, we enjoyed our cruise very much.  The Alaska cruise was our 3rd time on the Nieuw Amsterdam (all Alaska cruises).  The one thing that did bother me was the room smelled a little stuffy and the duvet had quite a few stains on it when I look at the bedding.  Does anyone know if HAL will be modernizing the bedding some time in the near future? 

7 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Just returned form a 1-week Alaska cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam.  As always, we enjoyed our cruise very much.  The Alaska cruise was our 3rd time on the Nieuw Amsterdam (all Alaska cruises).  The one thing that did bother me was the room smelled a little stuffy and the duvet had quite a few stains on it when I look at the bedding.  Does anyone know if HAL will be modernizing the bedding some time in the near future? 

I can't answer your question.  Sorry.  Did you alert your room steward to the problem?  In our experience, all we have to do is to let our steward know that something isn't right, and it's corrected before the end of the day.  What cabin category were you in?  We've stayed in every category available and have found that our stewards take care of whatever problem there is, regardless of cabin.  The excellent service is one reason we keep coming back.  We have never had to alert the Front Desk because the steward didn't take care of a problem.  One time we noticed a mildew odor.  By that afternoon, the odor was gone and never returned.  I'd love to know what they used , so I could recommend it to some hotels!

We had an inside cabin near the Neptune lounge.  No, we did not alert the cabin stewards.  Frankly, I just overlooked the issue.  I think I was more surprised to see the bedding as it just didn't quite live up to past experiences.  Did it spoil my cruise?  In no way was it that big of a deal.  Rather, more of a surprise and wondering if there were any future refurbishments down the road.

Cabin service has always been outstanding during our HAL cruises and I am sure the issue would have been addressed immediately had I said something to the room stewards.