Sun Aft Facing Penthouse Suite Q's

Sea saw 56

For those who have sailed in these suites, would you choose the 8th deck or the 9th deck?  Doesn't seem like noise from the Stardust should be a problem very early or very late (?), and what about balcony/cabin size?

We were on the aft 8th deck on the Sun"s 2 week South American cruise. Yes, you can hear the music from the theater. It really wasn't too bad. There were a few daytime rehearsals (I know...I fractured my ankle halfway through the cruise and spent several days in the room).  At least the music ends when the last show ends. The aft views from our balcony more than made up for the noise.

In March 2006 we had our first NCL cruise on the Sun in aft facing suite 9076.    Loved the suite and really loved the wonderful balcony.  Staterooms above and below make for a quieter cruise.

We were in 8077 last October (link to photos of the room and balcony below).  We had a lot of noise and vibration coming in and out of port.  Like a lot of noise....and vibrations knocking stuff off of shelves lol.  Assuming it was the maneuvering speed of the engines causing the problems, since we didn't hear anything when we are out at sea.

The room itself was great, and I would totally book it again - packing some earplugs!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aSeAMSPXkZf5RMA59

Edited by laurabegorrah

We've also sailed in 9076 and absolutely loved it.   We were on an Alaskan sailing and pretty much lived out on that huge, wonderful balcony.  Our adult son was with us on that cruise and having the separate living room was especially nice.  The fold out couch was very uncomfortable, though.  Our steward ended up bringing us two egg crate toppers (one didn't do the trick) and after that he slept fine on it.   We found the cabin to be extremely quiet.  The only exception was, like the previous poster mentioned about cabin 8077, there were lots of vibrations and banging when coming into port.  Though that would not deter me from booking that cabin again.  We just looked at it as a good way to make sure we never overslept on a port day 😎

8 hours ago, Sea saw 56 said:

We ended up booking 9276 for an 11-day Alaska September of next year.  

hopefully will have some pics for you, if I remember! Since this cruise goes to GSC we snagged a villa at an unheard of price - $349!

I like the idea that the cabin has cabins above/below it and not public areas!

Edited by bobsfamily

I will be watching for any reviews/pix you put out there.  Wish our cruise was coming up that fast!

Our next cruise doesn't come up until January.  9 days out of New Orleans, a winter getaway on the Getaway.

Have a fantastic cruise, bobsfamily.