Muster Time When Overnight in Venice?

CruiserMickey

My husband and I are booked to sail on the Constellation in July 2020. As I am doing the planning for our pre-cruise hotel and tours, I am wondering when the muster drill will be if our first night stays in the Venice port til 2pm on the second day of our cruise.

Is it feasible to check in, drop our bags in our cabin and go out to explore for the rest of the first day with the muster being around noon on the second day before we sail? Or would the muster be done on the first day at a traditional “all aboard” time? I don’t want to make touring plans before we have this info.

Thanks for any help you could give!

We did the same thing on the Infinity 2 weeks ago. Muster was the second day an hour before leaving so you should be good to tour the first day as late as you want. Enjoy Venice and I hope you have cooler weather then we did. 

I checked my daily- it says they were providing tender service with a daily pass, price was $20 for the day. We skipped St Marks that night as we had been in Venice a few days and knew there was a huge concert that night we had seen the stage set up for. 

55 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

I checked my daily- it says they were providing tender service with a daily pass, price was $20 for the day. We skipped St Marks that night as we had been in Venice a few days and knew there was a huge concert that night we had seen the stage set up for. 

Hi SSAtlantic.   Great info about the tender.  We are going in several weeks and I was curious.    Had planned on using the Alilaguna from the port but this might be easier.   Did the daily happen to give the hours that the tender was running?  And was it unlimited trips or just a roundtrip?

Thanks so much.

It only says a 24 hour one day pass and nothing about the hours. As a heads up, we stayed nearby at Hotel Olympia and stored our bags that morning. We explored some more, retrieved our bags and headed to the People Mover around 12:30. If nearby, get your People Mover vouchers early in the morning. It was a zoo with hoards of people and luggage. We were there during the recent heat wave and that first day were so hot and tired by the time we got on the ship, we stayed on the rest of the day. We did go off the next morning and got both ways people mover vouchers early which made it much easier when we went back as it was very crowded again to get tickets. 

We were scheduled to leave port at 5, muster was 3:45. An announcement was made at 5 that due to marine traffic, we would not be leaving until 8. Other ships left starting at 6. The later hour did make for a beautiful sail away past  St Marks. 

• Like 1