Cruise Critic Community
Jetswdo

NCL POA- getting disembark time you need---

We have told our ride to pick us up at 9:00am ----  I figured on getting an 8:30 disembarkation time.

I understand that the color groups are given out first come, first serve, at 8:00 pm ? Thurs night-Kuai day 1.

We have dinner reservations for 6:00 at La Cucina, and plan to go to the later show that night.  We could do disembarkation 8:20 or 8:40 if that would still be ok, I guess.

How early do people line up to get disembark tags?  Would guest services be willing to hold tags for us, so we can enjoy dinner?  Any suggestions based on prior experience please.  Thanks, Anita

Does this include if you are self disembarking/carrying your own luggage? Do you still need a tag?

2 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

We have told our ride to pick us up at 9:00am ----  I figured on getting an 8:30 disembarkation time.

I understand that the color groups are given out first come, first serve, at 8:00 pm ? Thurs night-Kuai day 1.

We have dinner reservations for 6:00 at La Cucina, and plan to go to the later show that night.  We could do disembarkation 8:20 or 8:40 if that would still be ok, I guess.

How early do people line up to get disembark tags?  Would guest services be willing to hold tags for us, so we can enjoy dinner?  Any suggestions based on prior experience please.  Thanks, Anita

I have never seen people line up, if the time you want is not there when you go to pick up your tags ask at the service desk, they really do not limit them by time.

Self disembark you don't need tags. 

POA had the fastest disembark of any ship I have been on. No clearing customs of the ship itself before they can start offloading luggage and passengers.  No customs, so no line after you get off the ship.  Pretty small ship. We didn't need to pick up tags so I can't help there,  but I heard the earliest times went first.  We went with the last color called and were off and waiting for our ride before 9:30. You shouldn't need to stress at all for being of by 9.

20190222_211201.jpg

Somewhere I read that there was a big line up at desk services around 6:00 to get the disembarkation tags that thurs. night--

It looks like we will need the orange color---  So the tags are hung up on a display rack around 8:00 pm that night?  I'm not stressed out about it, just want to make sure that I don't have a problem--  I guess we can just head over there around 7:50-- I think the earlier times are probably more in demand----- Anita

Here's the thing.... pick ANY color prior to when you want to debark, the luggage will be sitting in the terminal when you get off.  You don't have to absolutely leave when they call the colors.

This is so different from Princess and Celebrity--- Isn't the luggage separated in different color groups?  How else do you find your luggage fairly quickly?  On other cruise lines, if you are "orange" you find your luggage in the "orange" group.

15 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

This is so different from Princess and Celebrity--- Isn't the luggage separated in different color groups?  How else do you find your luggage fairly quickly?  On other cruise lines, if you are "orange" you find your luggage in the "orange" group.

Yes, they separate the luggage by color and offload the luggage in the same order that they have the times on the color tags, but, what I think Jetswdo is saying, is that by the time the self-walk offs are done, most of the luggage is already in the terminal, so you can really leave any time you want.  I have seen them tell people it isn't their color yet, so I think the safest would be to pick any color BEFORE the time you want to get off, not just any color.

I have never seen a disembarkation go as quickly or as smoothly as the POA. One thing I prefer over Princess is that you can hear the announcements everywhere so that you can avoid walking stairs, etc when your color is called.