Post cruise hotel Fort Lauderdale

dramaqueenjan

I'm looking for a good post-cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale. I am looking at the Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn and also Embassy Suites. Looking for reviews on either one or recommendations for something different. I want to be able to check in early and also be in a location where we can walk to restaurants or have activities ect..Breakfast is a plus.Tia

25 minutes ago, dramaqueenjan said:

I'm looking for a good post-cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale. I am looking at the Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn and also Embassy Suites. Looking for reviews on either one or recommendations for something different. I want to be able to check in early and also be in a location where we can walk to restaurants or have activities ect..Breakfast is a plus.Tia

Since you are from California, I assume you are flying in. Courtyard by Marriott has a free airport and cruise port shuttle, so you get the best of both worlds. I believe Courtyards also have free breakfast if you are a platinum elite member, so that is covered as well!

• Like 1

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise port following our last cruise.  We always stay at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale marina pre-cruise, but don't like to hassle with it post-cruise.  We used Hilton Honors points to book the Hampton post-cruise.  They're really nice there.  We arrived at the hotel by 10:00 AM after debarkation.There were lots of folks headed out on cruises the Sunday we arrived back in Ft. Lauderdale, so the lobby was a little crowded. After about an hour those folks were gone, headed to their ships.  We were flying out on Monday (cheaper and direct flight availability on SWA). I found it really nice that even though our room was not ready yet, we were allowed to store our bags until the room was ready.  They also gave us a generic room card key to access the pool and patio area before check in. (Just ask for it if it's not offered)  There's a shopping center next door, with a sports bar that opens around 11AM.  Their food was really good. (And the special Bloody Mary is the bomb)  There's also a grocery store, liquor store and various fast food places as well.  We went to lunch at the sports bar and the hotel called me by 12 noon to let me know our room was ready.  Awesome.  Another really cool thing was that they also provide free shuttle service to the Ft. Lauderdale airport, even early morning.  We just told them what time we needed the shuttle.  She told us to be in the lobby 15 mins before that time.  The next morning we shared the shuttle with one other family and were at the airport in less than 10 minutes.  Excellent service and I highly recommend.  Only negative.  If you need to run a quick load of laundry, the Hampton does not have one onsite.  If you're desperate though, there's a laundromat in that same shopping center next door. Great experience and we're booked again for September.

P.S. Hampton always has breakfast included, by like 6:30 AM

Edited by Amadawn1
more information

47 minutes ago, LostPuppy said:

Whats this have to do with Carnival?  Shouldn't this be in the Florida ports board?

I'm sorry they have changed the format since I was on Cruise Critic last and could not find the departure ports. However it is a carnival cruise I am going on so I believe it is Carnival related

• Haha 1

Who cares if it is Carnival related or not?  Not me.  Now, on to my experience.  First of all, my last few cruises have been on Carnival and my next two are on Carnival so that is why I am on the Carnival board.  My last Carnival cruise was in May 2019 out of Ft Lauderdale.  Hubby and I stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton near the port.  We took a nice walk, the morning of our embark, around the area.  One of our stops was at the Embassy Suites on 17th which is so close to the port.  I think it would be a nice place to stay post cruise.  It has a huge atrium and is really beautiful.  I would bet that you could check your luggage at the front desk and mosey around the shopping area if you wanted to.  Also, we found a trolley that goes up and down 17th street and onto a street that is ocean front.  We had the best time riding that trolley and just taking in the sites.  We did not get off and just rode the loop.  You certainly would have plenty of time to hop on the trolley(it stops in front of the Embassy Suites) and enjoy the tour(not narrated).  It was a dollar per person. You can hop off where ever you want and when ready to get back on the trolley, you just stand curb side and when you see the trolley coming, you wave it down.  Have a wonderful time!!

43 minutes ago, dramaqueenjan said:

I'm sorry they have changed the format since I was on Cruise Critic last and could not find the departure ports. However it is a carnival cruise I am going on so I believe it is Carnival related

Well, hey.  Consider me board/politically incorrect.  Just trying to give some insight to my experiences to dramaqueenjan.  Since those other ports boards are not frequented enough, I am more than happy to provide info of my experience via the Carnival boards. I am happy to share any info I may have that can help.

12 hours ago, dramaqueenjan said:

. I want to be able to check in early and also be in a location where we can walk to restaurants or have activities ect..Breakfast is a plus.Tia

Any hotel will let you "check in" early, but there's no telling if a room will be available.  Most will also take your luggage so you can use the pool, restaurants, go shopping  or whatever.

We like the 17th street Embassy Suites FLL.  Lot's of shopping and dining in close proximity.  And close to the port and airport.

I have stayed at Best Western Oceanside for the past 3 years for 1 night (2017), 3 nights (2018), 5 nights (2019) and again Feb 2020 for 4 nights pre cruise and 3 nights post cruise.

They have no shuttle from/to airport/Port Everglades/Miami, taxi is about $25-30 from airport, about $14 from port, Uber is cheaper.  They can arrange a shuttle.

Great hot breakfast, different hot item each day (ham or sausage or bacon or hash), scrambled eggs, make your own waffles, fruit, cereal, bread, bagels, muffins, yogurt, few cold cuts, coffee,/tea/juice.

A bar that sells food, washer/dryer $, rental bikes $, you can borrow beach chair, free computer/printer in the lobby, free WiFi within the hotel.

The hotel is 100 yards from the beach, at this end of the beach there are picnic tables, kids area.

The Sun Trolley will stop anywhere along the street just by waving them down, there is a cost each time each time you get back on or a daily rate or also senior rate, make sure to ask what time they stop for the night. The city bus #40 have stops in front of the hotel.  We use the  Sun Trolley/bus to go to the restaurant along the beach area (beach on one side, restaurants/bar on the other side on the street) and 17th St, can walk to the restaurants along the beach.  The hotel beside has a restaurant.

Water taxi is in walking distance.

Staff is friendly.

They will hold your luggage until your is ready in a locked room.

Edited by phabric

58 minutes ago, phabric said:

I have stayed at Best Western Oceanside for the past 3 years for 1 night (2017), 3 nights (2018), 5 nights (2019) and again Feb 2020 for 4 nights pre cruise and 3 nights post cruise.

They have no shuttle from/to airport/Port Everglades/Miami, taxi is about $25-30 from airport, about $14 from port, Uber is cheaper.  They can arrange a shuttle.

Great hot breakfast, different hot item each day (ham or sausage or bacon or hash), scrambled eggs, make your own waffles, fruit, cereal, bread, bagels, muffins, yogurt, few cold cuts, coffee,/tea/juice.

A bar that sells food, washer/dryer $, rental bikes $, you can borrow beach chair, free computer/printer in the lobby, free WiFi within the hotel.

The hotel is 100 yards from the beach, at this end of the beach there are picnic tables, kids area.

The Sun Trolley will stop anywhere along the street just by waving them down, there is a cost each time each time you get back on or a daily rate or also senior rate, make sure to ask what time they stop for the night. The city bus #40 have stops in front of the hotel.  We use the  Sun Trolley/bus to go to the restaurant along the beach area (beach on one side, restaurants/bar on the other side on the street) and 17th St, can walk to the restaurants along the beach.  The hotel beside has a restaurant.

Water taxi is in walking distance.

Staff is friendly.

They will hold your luggage until your is ready in a locked room.

Thank you! Which rooms do u recommend? I was looking at the rooms that are on the level of the sun Deck Over the pool?

Jan - Here on the Florida departures board if you look at the first few pages of thread titles you'll find many good suggestions and descriptions of hotel properties. Of course prices quoted will change seasonally and over time but the basic information like amenities and parking are all here to research. Have fun and welcome back.

1 hour ago, dramaqueenjan said:

Thank you! Which rooms do u recommend? I was looking at the rooms that are on the level of the sun Deck Over the pool?

I always take pool view with a balcony with 2 chairs and a small table.

They have few rooms pool level.  You have to walk outside by the pool to get to the room and to go to the lobby/breakfast area.

Sun deck rooms have one deck for all the sun deck rooms, over looking the pool.  Exit the room there are lounge chairs, tables/chairs with umbrellas and go down one flight of stairs to the pool.

Rooms have small refrigerator and microwave.

Lobby area have a couple of sofas. Bar has a tv with small 4 person tables and a large table where I have seen people eat at and also play cards.  It is nice to have place to socialize other than your room.

Here is a picture looking down from my pool view room.  It is sun deck room deck with lounge chairs and tables/chairs with umbrellas next level is  pool with lounge chairs on 2 sides of the pool and  to the right under a cover tables/chairs.

B553F227-9813-4050-9C16-48C978F41798.thumb.jpeg.2bb0e78b9694cb062a0b90603599228f.jpeg

Edited by phabric