Cruise Critic Community
Jmrosa1

Perfect Day at Coco Cay

I see a number of new excursions have popped up for my first cruise next month.  I see a few snorkel excursions, swim with pigs, jet skis, and more.  Anything anyone has done and would recommend?

31 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Enjoy a beach day.  🙂 

Plan to do that too

37 minutes ago, Jmrosa1 said:

I see a number of new excursions have popped up for my first cruise next month.  I see a few snorkel excursions, swim with pigs, jet skis, and more.  Anything anyone has done and would recommend?

Would also like to mention traveling with a 2 and 6 year old. So something fun for them

Just now, Jmrosa1 said:

Would also like to mention traveling with a 2 and 6 year old. So something fun for them

There is a Captain Jills Galleon, a kids water play area just outside the water park that is free. 

2 minutes ago, Jmrosa1 said:

Well, that would eliminate snorkeling, jet skis and swimming with pigs, wouldn't it?

In addition to Captain Jill’s Galleon that someone mentioned above, there is Splashaway Bay, which is a larger splash pad with two dousing buckets, several spray features, and three smaller slides.  It is fresh, cool water, too.  (Not all of these pics are mine, but it will show you what’s available).

6A8A96BB-4586-4552-AE7C-3F301AC48F30.jpeg

3B2467FA-30FD-466B-8482-138502AF7DE0.jpeg

3D217C38-AE71-4B95-AFF8-053353A083C5.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Well, that would eliminate snorkeling, jet skis and swimming with pigs, wouldn't it?

we are traveling with other people...but the swim with pigs wasn't just swimming with pigs...it included feeding them and learning about them.

3 minutes ago, DancerMama25 said:

In addition to Captain Jill’s Galleon that someone mentioned above, there is Splashaway Bay, which is a larger splash pad with two dousing buckets, several spray features, and three smaller slides.  It is fresh, cool water, too.  (Not all of these pics are mine, but it will show you what’s available).

3 minutes ago, DancerMama25 said:

Thank you! I did see these in some videos but wasn't sure if it was included or part of the waterpark which we did not want to do 

4 hours ago, roadburner said:

For our “Perfect day at cocoa cay”, we plan to stay on board.

Really how come? I’ve seen so many amazing reviews and videos in it now that it’s mostly done. 

Wish our Explorer transatlantic next year stopped at coco cay instead of nassau!

Posted (edited)

I've never seen the need for excursions on Coco Cay!  Too much to do there on your own, especially now!  Explore the island, it's not very big...snorkel on your own, you will not be disappointed.  Just rent the snorkel gear there.  Use Google Maps and zero in on  Little Stirrup Cay which is it's official name and you can see all the coral heads and rocks where you'll find loads of fish and other critters.  My only octopus (pink even) was at Coco Cay!  Just off the beach.

I just went there and it's an extremely old satellite photo though, doesn't show all the new construction.  But you can see the ocean structure...great for snorkeling and there are tons of YouTube vids as wells.

Edited by BecciBoo

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

I've never seen the need for excursions on Coco Cay!  Too much to do there on your own, especially now!  Explore the island, it's not very big...snorkel on your own, you will not be disappointed.  Just rent the snorkel gear there.  Use Google Maps and zero in on  Little Stirrup Cay which is it's official name and you can see all the coral heads and rocks where you'll find loads of fish and other critters.  My only octopus (pink even) was at Coco Cay!  Just off the beach.

I just went there and it's an extremely old satellite photo though, doesn't show all the new construction.  But you can see the ocean structure...great for snorkeling and there are tons of YouTube vids as wells.

Thank you! I was just going to rent snorkel gear but wasn’t sure if an excursion was better to do it. Thank you for the input!

The DW and I will be on Coco Cay Oct 29  on the Mariner. I was trying to book up up and away, but

could not find anything on it. Am I missing something? Do we just walk up when you get off the ship?

12 hours ago, 04mach1 said:

The DW and I will be on Coco Cay Oct 29  on the Mariner. I was trying to book up up and away, but

could not find anything on it. Am I missing something? Do we just walk up when you get off the ship?

I haven't looked into that, but they just started uploading excursions at coco cay as it got closer. I now see that excursion uploaded. Keep checking the website to see new ones added.

Glad to hear you can snorkel from the beach! What areas of the island would you recommend we set up camp if we want to snorkel? Thanks!

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:25 PM, Jmrosa1 said:

we are traveling with other people...but the swim with pigs wasn't just swimming with pigs...it included feeding them and learning about them.

The 2 year old isn't big enough for most of the excursions. Even the swim with pigs requires them to be 6. Kids at 2 and 6 will be happy to play in the water at the splash area.