PG tour called Le Truck on Bora Bora opinions please

fedexretiree

My friend and I will be on the PG next month and we are thinking about doing the excursion on Bora Bora called " Le Truck' just to get a view of the interior of Bora Bora too.    We will be doing this on our 2nd day and also plan on going to the private Motu that same day because we sure don't want to miss that.  BUT,  I would hate to waste time doing the Le Truck if its not that great of an excursion and just head to the Motu for the day.  Has anyone done this and if so please give your opinion on the excursion if you would please. Thanks in advance for your help.

12 hours ago, fedexretiree said:

My friend and I will be on the PG next month and we are thinking about doing the excursion on Bora Bora called " Le Truck' just to get a view of the interior of Bora Bora too.    We will be doing this on our 2nd day and also plan on going to the private Motu that same day because we sure don't want to miss that.  BUT,  I would hate to waste time doing the Le Truck if its not that great of an excursion and just head to the Motu for the day.  Has anyone done this and if so please give your opinion on the excursion if you would please. Thanks in advance for your help.

If you want to see more on the interior go on a 4X4 or ATV tour  .... the ship has excursions for this. 

Agree with TBK. While I've not done myself some traveling companions last cruise did the Le Truck Tour and weren't happy. They said the places they'd have liked to spend time at were few, but the touristy spots like shops were plentiful. Barely got to see Matira beach and rushed through the lovely view spots. Le Truck is less expensive than other tours, BB is a place to invest your dollars. There's a reason it has such a mystical paradise reputation. Maybe find a 4x4 tour on Tripadvisor.

You and I have talked before and still think while BB has some spectacular views, it's all about being in the water in BB. There's never enough snorkeling time and on water time to absorb those incredible colors and fishies. Even if you're still doing the motu think about your other day doing, Pure Snorkeling, Lagoon Service, Maohi Nui or Tohora BB.

Many like to visit Matira Beach while on Bora Bora.  You could, if you want, take the taxi to that beach first thing and stay for a few hours.  Head back to the boat and have a quick lunch and then take the tender to the motu.  En route to Matira Beach you will see some of the island and in all honesty it is nothing spectacular.