Hotel and Shuttle Recs.

(If there is already a thread on this, please let me know)

I will by flying in for my cruise. Does anyone have any recommendations of any hotels that would offer shuttle service from the airport and also to the cruise terminal? Or any recommendations for shuttle services that you like and are affordable. Thanks! 

Just now, Host Clarea said:

It would help much if you can possibly mention:

Ship

Port

Airport

Sorry! This is my first cruise. 

Mariner of the Seas

Flying into Orlando International 

Port Canaveral

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Should have mentioned that the airport is around 45 minutes from the port, so you won't find any hotels near the airport with "free" shuttles. 

Thanks for link! 

Yeah, I've been looking to stay closer to the port. Wasn't sure if anyone had any experience with finding a hotel out by the port that also had an airport shuttle. 

Just now, Sherwinner said:

Thanks for link! 

Yeah, I've been looking to stay closer to the port. Wasn't sure if anyone had any experience with finding a hotel out by the port that also had an airport shuttle. 

If we are staying the night before the cruise, we doa one-way rental car from Orlando (MCO) to Cocoa Beach.  There are a number of rental car agencies in the port area with free shuttles to the cruise terminal.

Whatever cruise port we leave from, we've pretty much switched to Uber.  It pretty much eliminates the wait time for a shuttle.  Shuttle prices that I found from MCO  to Cocoa Beach were $58 for two people, and Uber was $60.  I also preload money on my Uber app for my iphone, and the transaction doesn't include any cash or credit card.  Having the whole car to ourselves is nice, too.

We will Uber from the airport to our hotel, and then the next day take Uber again to the port.  Then, port to airport after.  No shuttles, no buses, just stand and wait.

1 hour ago, pcur said:

Whatever cruise port we leave from, we've pretty much switched to Uber.  It pretty much eliminates the wait time for a shuttle.  Shuttle prices that I found from MCO  to Cocoa Beach were $58 for two people, and Uber was $60.  I also preload money on my Uber app for my iphone, and the transaction doesn't include any cash or credit card.  Having the whole car to ourselves is nice, too.

We will Uber from the airport to our hotel, and then the next day take Uber again to the port.  Then, port to airport after.  No shuttles, no buses, just stand and wait.

Thanks for the insight! I was wondering if Uber would be a comparable price to all these shuttles. 

I have chosen to stay Homewood suites Orlando airport Gateway Village and they have free shuttle from airport to hotel. We will then be taking Ace private shuttle to Cape Canaveral because of their good reviews and Cortans shared shuttle also has good reviews and are 40 roundtrip