Majesty Of The Seas New Orleans

3 minutes ago, bluey258 said:

Good Morning

New Orleans is getting a ship year round!!

Would anyone that has sailed the Majesty Of The Seas lately please tell me about her.

Thank you for your help!!!

https://www.fox8live.com/2019/07/17/royal-caribbean-announces-year-round-cruises-port-new-orleans/

Good start on Majesty:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?type=forums_topic&search_and_or=or&search_in=titles&nodes=51&q=majesty

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 9:18 AM, bluey258 said:

Good Morning

New Orleans is getting a ship year round!!

Would anyone that has sailed the Majesty Of The Seas lately please tell me about her.

Thank you for your help!!!

https://www.fox8live.com/2019/07/17/royal-caribbean-announces-year-round-cruises-port-new-orleans/

I was about to type a similar question on the board.  I have read a lot of negative reviews, so I"m hesitant.  But the price is nice to get all the way from NOLA to the new CocoCay.

• Like 1

we sailed Majesty earlier this month on a "Not Cuba" cruise ( booked before Cuba was pulled from any cruise itineraries). Its a smaller, older ship with a retro feel to it. It does have a Rock climbing wall, but not a lot of other bells and whistles, if that's important to you. The staff were lovely, service very good/excellent, we felt the food was very good and have booked another cruise on her.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, cruisinsusin said:

we sailed Majesty earlier this month on a "Not Cuba" cruise ( booked before Cuba was pulled from any cruise itineraries). Its a smaller, older ship with a retro feel to it. It does have a Rock climbing wall, but not a lot of other bells and whistles, if that's important to you. The staff were lovely, service very good/excellent, we felt the food was very good and have booked another cruise on her.

We have sailed on Her Majesty many times.  She is an older ship, so she lacks the bells and whistles of her bigger sister ships.  Yes, she has a rock climbing wall and usually a terrific staff.  We have always had a good  time sailing on her.  I have always credited the entertainment staff for doing an outstanding job to create a cruise compass filled with various activities and the shows, although NOT the Broadway shows of the bigger ships have usually been entertaining.  That is all I can ask.  Food is very subjective and we are not big 'foodies' so I won't comment on that except to say....we have always found good choices for us.  You won't find the specialty restaurants that the bigger ships have on her, as far as I know.

Edited by Paulette3028
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cruisinsusin said:

Any issues accessing your OBC?  We're on a "not Cuba" cruise coming up soon and I'm hoping it's just waiting for us when we arrive and doesn't require any time or effort.

Our experience is that our OBC has always been showing on our on-board account when we boarded the ship. We always bring all paperwork showing expected  OBC's just in case. Enjoy your cruise!

6 hours ago, cruisinsusin said:

Yes, they don't have my Favorite 2 things on her anymore. 30yrs ago the Class had Skeet Shooting and Golfing off back... 

5 hours ago, duffyzmom said:

Any issues accessing your OBC?  We're on a "not Cuba" cruise coming up soon and I'm hoping it's just waiting for us when we arrive and doesn't require any time or effort.

We didnt have OBC but did have a significant refund and it was on our account day 2 ( didnt check day 1 so it might have already been there then😉)

Enjoy!

4 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Isn't Majesty the same class of ship as Monarch? We will be onboard in February, I am expecting it to be pretty similar. No worries about dining packages. :classic_biggrin:

Yes.  Sovereign class.

Majesty is the baby of the three.

Very very very similar to Monarch.  Different names for the venues, of course.  Same weird tween deck.  Same Deck 7 promenade deck, where OV cabins NEED TO KEEP THEIR CURTAINS CLOSED.  LOL

Not a single specialty restaurant.

Has Compass Deli, which Monarch didn't.  Monarch had Jade, which Majesty doesn't.  

• Thanks 1

I'm going on this ship shortly thanks to being invited, managing to get leave and the WOW sale combining to make that happen. Looking at the photos, she looks a little dated but I'm hopeful for a good experience. 

Edited by Wanderista
  • Like 1

My bestie and I sailed Majesty at the beginning of July - another “not Cuba” cruiser. We had zero issues with getting our Cuba refund... it was on our statement by the end of night 1. 

She’s a lovely ship with amazing staff and we didn’t have a single bad meal in MDR (Windjammer was very mediocre, in my opinion, but I only went for a couple of lunches). Loved the Schooner bar and the piano singer. 

It was a wonderful and wonderfully relaxing cruise. I will say, however, that it’s not a ship I would take my teen and tween boys on as there wasn’t much to keep them entertained. But a chair on the sun deck and a frozen beverage were all we adults needed to enjoy our day. 🙂