Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Moomduck1

anything walkable when docking in St John's, Antigua?

Recommended Posts

Hi

We are on the Norwegian Gem and will be in port 10am to 6pm. We've never been to this island before. We're a large family group, and there will be two toddlers in a stroller. Is anything walkable from where we dock? Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Moomduck1 said:

Hi

We are on the Norwegian Gem and will be in port 10am to 6pm. We've never been to this island before. We're a large family group, and there will be two toddlers in a stroller. Is anything walkable from where we dock? Thank you!

 

The only thing walkable are local market stalls and craft market opposite the bus station.  Out of port, turn right,  fork in the road, to the right is the bus station, to the left are the market stalls.  Don't know if they still do, but some stalls used to sell Bush Rum, some infused with the 'erbs of the Island.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of downtown St John's is walkable. There's an old English cathedral, duty free shops, vendors mall and some restaurants around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, amberjohn said:

Sounds like there are no beaches within walking distance?

 

Correct.

Now just decide what your requirements are for the beach visit, and CC posters will give suggestions.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 5:45 AM, mac1_131 said:

Most of downtown St John's is walkable. There's an old English cathedral, duty free shops, vendors mall and some restaurants around.

Is the downtown walkable from the port, or do you need transportation to it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ORV said:

Is the downtown walkable from the port, or do you need transportation to it?

You walk right through it. No transportation is needed to downtown, 3 minutes from the ship. 

Only transportation you need is to a beach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 6:43 PM, amberjohn said:

Is there any kind of water taxi/shuttle to the beaches?

I've never seen any, take the bus, or do a tour. Email Lawrence you'll figure it out. 

Lawrence of Antigua .......your good to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...