Favourite cruise

Werangels

Mine was a previous Crystal cruise, the Miami to Lisbon inaugural all-inclusive transatlantic on Symphony. Close second was an Azamara Quest transatlantic, Miami to Nice a few years back.

Both were relaxing, good mix of people, just an overall good time.

John R.

1 hour ago, PSULion said:

Mine was a previous Crystal cruise, the Miami to Lisbon inaugural all-inclusive transatlantic on Symphony. Close second was an Azamara Quest transatlantic, Miami to Nice a few years back.

Both were relaxing, good mix of people, just an overall good time.

John R.

Thanks John.

i imagine an inaugural is pretty special.  I assume sea days give more time to get to know people and to relax.

We have loved cruising the Mediterranean on Azamara Quest and on Journey. However our 16 night cruise from Melbourne to Auckland last January on Azamara Quest was just Azamazing ❤️

Looking forward to our first cruise on Azamara Pursuit- sailing from Barcelona next week!

11 hours ago, SoBaycruiser said:

My favorite was in Jan 2008 on Azamara Journey.  18 days from Santiago Chile to Buenos Aires via 3 days in Antarctica followed by a post trip to Iguazu Falls staying at the Sheraton right at the falls.

Sounds phenomenal.

2 hours ago, luckylamby said:

We have loved cruising the Mediterranean on Azamara Quest and on Journey. However our 16 night cruise from Melbourne to Auckland last January on Azamara Quest was just Azamazing ❤️

Looking forward to our first cruise on Azamara Pursuit- sailing from Barcelona next week!

I had looked at those but think we need to wait until we retire.  What made it Azamazing?

11 hours ago, SoBaycruiser said:

My favorite was in Jan 2008 on Azamara Journey.  18 days from Santiago Chile to Buenos Aires via 3 days in Antarctica followed by a post trip to Iguazu Falls staying at the Sheraton right at the falls.

We did the similar Antarctic cruise one month later, still my best ever, in my opinion those early Azamara cruises were much superior to today.

Edited by Bloodaxe

3 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Just got home from Norway & Land of Midnight Sun on Journey - it’s definitely my favourite cruise. Fantastic scenery and great Senior Officers team.

That is one I hadn’t really considered but seeing all of your photos has changed my mind!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Werangels said:

That is one I hadn’t really considered but seeing all of your photos has changed my mind!

Definitely high up on my list of cruises.  The scenery is beautiful as is the atmosphere of a late (or never) setting sun.  Providing you aren’t looking for a warmer weather cruise as it can be decidedly chilly at any time of year.  If the sun shines it’s an amazing, but expensive country.

Some from my trip, including the midnight sun. 

Phil

A9CC21AA-94D0-4EEE-AD3C-ED10172CD2EF.jpeg

16EB5B9D-FE13-41CD-A276-E448B0AF573B.jpeg

BAE7E59D-2DB9-408A-97CA-FE27021660B7.jpeg

2C8D05B0-2C09-4294-8161-5968F59FE5AB.jpeg

• Like 3

My favourite was Athens to Dubai, or was it Singapore to Borneo followed by a side trip to Siem Reap, oh no it was the Greek intensive........... in other words my favourite cruise is always the last time we were on Azamara, never had a bad one, sometimes a few little niggles like the way Pursuit doesn’t open the rear deck for breakfast until 7.30am, apparently because the type of chairs they have upset the suite guests below. 

Never had had a problem with food , love the White Nights and Azamazing evenings, and as for the staff.....superb.

we also sail Seabourn occasionally and our comments are the same for them, but AZ is our overall favourite 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After completing almost 130 cruises (ocean and/or river), on a number of different cruise lines, we have been asked this question many times.  However, I can not come up with one definitive answer.  Best I can come up with a choice of two.  One is our voyage to Antarctica (aboard Orient Cruise Line's Marco Polo) in January 2003, when we were able to make several landings (via zodiacs) and commune with thousands of penguins, and meet some of the scientists that were living there (at least temporarily), unlike the penguins.

The second memorable voyage was aboard Holland America Line's Prinsendam (November 2010).  This voyage went to the Southern Caribbean (not exactly memorable) then continued south to Brazil and up the Amazon River, all the way to Manaus -- the river and shoreline is so diverse and immense, it has to be memorable. On this itinerary, we also stopped at Devil's Island, which even today is aptly named.

Two very different itineraries -- both very memorable, and so vastly different, as to defy direct comparison.  This why whenever asked "What is your favorite cruise itinerary", I always give my "top two".

I hope this helps.

NRayH

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

This sounds a bit twee, but I've said it a few times. It's not the destination so much as the people that you meet along the way that make it special. However there are some stunning places around the world to see too. 

Phil 

John Maxtone Graham the author and cruise lecturer always said his favorite cruise and ship was the one that he was on.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

This sounds a bit twee, but I've said it a few times. It's not the destination so much as the people that you meet along the way that make it special. However there are some stunning places around the world to see too. 

Phil 

Absolutely agree - our Scenic Rhine cruise last year was a bit of a disaster, but we met such splendid people that it didn't matter.  Off to Bordeaux for a Scenic River (mostly wine I think) cruise on Sunday.  Just hope we are lucky again.

• Like 1

No question for me.  We have taken cruises to many interesting parts of the world, Asia, Europe, South America and Australia and enjoyed all of them, but the top of my list is a cruise in the Galapagos  Islands on Celebrity Xpedition.  Having to step around iguanas, snorkelling with sea lions and seeing blue footed boobies 'dance' was amazing.  Doing all this from a small ship with impeccable service was great and meeting congenial people added to the experience.

Our first Azamara Cruise is coming up, and we have high expectations for that.

• Like 1