Port of Miami Parking or other?

sarahjane01

Hi 

Sailing with Seabourn out of San Juan this Xmas - the boat docks back into Miami on Jan 4th.

We are flying from MIA to San Juan the night before we set sail. We would like to park at the port and cab to MIA so the car is in situ for our return.

Can I do this seeing as the ship is not actually leaving from the port in Miami ( only returning there two weeks later?)

If so which terminal shall I park at ?

If I park at the wrong one is there a shuttle between terminals?

For the outbound part: Is there cabs readily available or shuttles to MIA from the port on embarkation day?

Sorry for the questions but we have only done Florida to Florida cruises before.

I've flown in and out of MIA hundreds of times living and working in S. Florida for the past 40 years.  MIA airport parking is a "mess".  It's 4 big connected parking garages and once you get in them, you're lost forever.  Try not to do it.

What I do on extended trips out of Miami is park at the Sheraton Miami Airport.  (You can find this option on line and get prices around $8-9 per night for valet parking. Search under "cheap MIA parking rates" and don't book directly with the Sheraton.)   The reason I do this is not some based on price but because I can drive into the Sheraton Hotel,  have our baggage loaded onto their airport shuttle and be dropped of by our airline.  (I'm guessing you're on AA or Jet Blue).  I grab a cap at the port and zoom back to the Sheraton. 

Renting a car is an option but just allow extra time to drop off your car in Miami. The rental barn is a hike from the main terminal.  I rent a car when I'm going 1 way out of the port of Miami such as the Montreal to Miami cruise.

Good luck 🙂