Surf & Turf?

Just now, cruiseguy1016 said:

I have not seen surf & turf as a combined entrée. They have lobster and they have steak. Order 2 entrees and you'll have your surf & turf.

How much is the upcharge to order two entrees?

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

It's been $10 for any entree beyond the first.

If you want Surf & Turf, you would probably want the "Surf" entree to be lobster.  In that case, you would pay the menu price for the lobster and the "Turf" entree would be included in the cover charge.  Of course, if you are on one of the two ships that has "Hooked Seafood", then "Surf and Turf" is on the menu there and included in the cover charge. 

The only Lobster I see on the Chops menu for our Mariner cruise has a $21 up charge. I don't see a normal "Lobster" dinner...so, I'm guessing surf & turf would be $21 added. 

4 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

The only Lobster I see on the Chops menu for our Mariner cruise has a $21 up charge. I don't see a normal "Lobster" dinner...so, I'm guessing surf & turf would be $21 added. 

They may offer to give guests the "free" MDR lobster if they are dining in Chops on the same night the MDR is serving "free" lobster.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

They may offer to give guests the "free" MDR lobster if they are dining in Chops on the same night the MDR is serving "free" lobster.

That is true Bob, although the difference of quantity and quality from a 3oz tail to a 1-1/2# whole lobster might weigh on the decision. :-) 

3 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Wait till lobster night in MDR.....last time I was there they had Lobster and Prime Rib on the menu....they brought us both of them when we asked 😉

I was told they don't have lobster night to 4 day sailings. 

You can have large shrimp and a filet with no upcharge. I also think of that as surf & turf. My preferred seafood is Alaskan King crab and steak...but that is not a surf & turf option at Chops. :classic_biggrin: I'm not really a lobster fan. Dungeness crab is second after AKC. 

Edited by Coralc

Since you are going on the Navigator, I would just go to Hooked instead since Surf and Turf is on the menu. Also, if you get the unlimited dining package, you can probably get multiple entrees at the same restaurant.

Also, when we were on the Navigator this past June, we met a couple who had the unlimited dining and he would stop by Hooked all the time to get a lobster to go. They also would get two steaks from Chops as takeout and go back to their room and eat. The restaurants seemed very accommodating on the Navigator. 

15 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Wait till lobster night in MDR.....last time I was there they had Lobster and Prime Rib on the menu....they brought us both of them when we asked 😉

I ordered the Beef Wellington as a backup for the Lobster due to past experiences on other cruise lines.  Glad I did. I could only get down 1/2 of that 3 oz tail. It was over salted chewing gum. Two others at the table enjoyed their lobster tail but when they ordered a second tail it was just like mine.

I imagine it is hard to cook lobster for 1600 at the same time 😉

Is it one of the reasons I actually ordered the lobster from chops on a non formal night.

1. It is more than just the tail

2. It isn't cooked at the same time half the boat wants tails

On 7/18/2019 at 4:43 PM, dodgestang said:

When is the lobster night?  Specifically on the Harmony, if that makes a difference. I’d like to make a reservation for our second specialty dining time, but would like to eat in the MDR on the night they serve lobster.  

3 minutes ago, patcacmt said:

When is the lobster night?  Specifically on the Harmony, if that makes a difference. I’d like to make a reservation for our second specialty dining time, but would like to eat in the MDR on the night they serve lobster.  

Second formal night.

4 minutes ago, patcacmt said:

Second formal night.  Either night 5 or 6 depending on the itinerary