I need your recommendation

kyleg2949

1 minute ago, kyleg2949 said:

There's not a lot of traffic on the Florida departures board so I'm gonna ask it here.

We've got one night in Port Canaveral coming up. What's the one restaurant we need to eat at that night?

Fishlips

• Like 2

Where are you staying? We stayed at the Radisson, and there was a tasty place right next door. Don't recall the name, but it had great pizza. Plan on eating there again in March.

We also ate at the Tiny Turtle in Cocoa Beach for lunch, but it's a VERY casual place, plus you would need to taxi or Uber there.

EDIT: here's the Italian/pizza place: http://kelseyscanaveral.com/

Edited by Straitlover

52 minutes ago, Straitlover said:

Where are you staying? We stayed at the Radisson, and there was a tasty place right next door. Don't recall the name, but it had great pizza. Plan on eating there again in March.

We also ate at the Tiny Turtle in Cocoa Beach for lunch, but it's a VERY casual place, plus you would need to taxi or Uber there.

EDIT: here's the Italian/pizza place: http://kelseyscanaveral.com/

We are staying at the Country Inn and Suites in PC. 

36 minutes ago, George C said:

If you want really good nyc pizza Zarrella 

When we were there we asked a cab driver where we could find the best pizza (we try and find pizza wherever we travel to).The guy grew up in The Bronx,NY and he said Zarrella’s. While we were there it began to storm outside so we stuffed ourselves on pizza till we could leave,it is really delicious.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

When we were there we asked a cab driver where we could find the best pizza (we try and find pizza wherever we travel to).The guy grew up in The Bronx,NY and he said Zarrella’s. While we were there it began to storm outside so we stuffed ourselves on pizza till we could leave,it is really delicious.

Place was just two blocks from our hotel , was there last November, I was very pleasantly surprised on how good pizza was , really never trust most people when they say it’s good pizza or good Italian other than fellow New Yorkers. 

17 hours ago, George C said:

Place was just two blocks from our hotel , was there last November, I was very pleasantly surprised on how good pizza was , really never trust most people when they say it’s good pizza or good Italian other than fellow New Yorkers. 

We have been in many US cities that had pizza parlors with signs or names of the parlor relating to NYC .We found one in Houston owned by 2 guys who relocated from Brooklyn.

49 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have been in many US cities that had pizza parlors with signs or names of the parlor relating to NYC .We found one in Houston owned by 2 guys who relocated from Brooklyn.

Pizza is much improved in my 35 years in Dallas but not nyc. Luckily there is a really good Italian restaurant run by a fellow Sicilian, that we been to well over a thousand times in last 25 years. I love our weather but miss nyc food.

2 hours ago, George C said:

Pizza is much improved in my 35 years in Dallas but not nyc. Luckily there is a really good Italian restaurant run by a fellow Sicilian, that we been to well over a thousand times in last 25 years. I love our weather but miss nyc food.

I know what you mean.Nearly all of my Brooklyn friends are scattered all over the US.Whenever I go to wherever they are and go out to eat it is never the same as NYC.

I live in a town of 32,000.It is very peaceful but if I want to go to Manhattan it is only an hour away.

There are too many Italian/Pizza places around the Cape and Cocoa Beach. Just order a take out if you want pizza.

For a night out dining, there are really good restaurants such as Florida Fresh Grill or Pompano Grill.

If you want somewhere on the water with good (but nothing special) food, then the port (Grills, Junkanoo, Fishlips, Rusty's and Gators) will all be fine. Most places here are very casual and easy going. Do not dress up!

Locals here pick their restaurants by the occasion and day of the week - different restaurants offer different specials each day. Happy hour too!

23 hours ago, George C said:

I keep trying to find the magical NYC pizza. I have tried so many places there and it's always just "good." Highly overrated for pizza. I think it's funny that possibly the fastest growing pizza chain in NY and the North East is from Ft Lauderdale. We definitely have better pizza in South Florida.

4 hours ago, George C said:

Best pizza I ever had was in Naples and not Naples in Florida 😁

We have a restaurant here that does Neapolitan pizza. They imported everything including the pizza maker himself from Naples, and not the Naples in Florida.  It's exactly as you would get in Naples without the $3,000 airfare. 

Edited by BNBR

57 minutes ago, BNBR said:

We have a restaurant here that does Neapolitan pizza. They imported everything including the pizza maker himself from Naples, and not the Naples in Florida.  It's exactly as you would get in Naples without the $3,000 airfare. 

We went to a interview a couple of years ago with Sophia Loren, excellent show she talked about her life , movies and more . And we were able to submit questions before it started and they picked one of our questions, which was what’s your favorite food. She replied I am from Naples so of course my favorite food is pizza. Really enjoyed interview.

• Like 1

Junkanoo at the Port is getting good reviews from locals now that it's been open a few months.   If you can Uber or have a car, go up to Cocoa Beach and the 4th Street Fillin' Station, especially if you like beer.  A 17-page beer menu!!!!  Burgers, tacos, bowls, a fried spicy cauliflower appetizer that I'll get as my main.  Always a fun place - it's in the backyard of an actual working gas station.  Famiies, couples, people with dogs - they are all there.  

The Tiny Turtle downtown Cocoa Beach - I LOVE that place!  It's a 3 block walk from my friend's beach cottage, so I get there a lot when I'm in town.  Yes, it's very casual, but so good.  A little Caribbean fusion menu.  The Sofrito Bowl, is my go-to at dinner.  But, the 4 Cheese Bacon Melt sandwich with a bowl of their Tomato Bisque is oh-so-good for lunch!   Save room for dessert and go next door and stand in line for ice cream at The Fat Donkey!  Last time I was there, they had run out of my fave, Mai Kai (coconut ice cream with mac nuts and butterscotch and fudge ribbons), so I tried Cake 'n Batter - cake batter ice cream with bits of yellow cake in it.  Yum!!!  You only need 1 scoop - it's huge!  I get it on a waffle cone. 

Want something more upscale - Florida Fresh Grill, The Fat Kahuna would both fit the bill.  I like the sesame-crusted rare tuna on the menu, with a glass of their house-made sangria.  AND, it's 2 blocks from The Fat Donkey, so I can get ice cream after dinner again!