Coffee card

Traderboy

Can anyone update me on the current procedure for getting and using a coffee card. Is it all done electronics on your key card now?

Is the basic idea still the same?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Coffee package is loaded onto your account. It is best to keep track of your 15 purchases as many have had issues with the total being used up early. I have had no problems. 

Yes, the basic idea is the same. 

Still one of the best offers on Princess for those who enjoy a good cup of coffee or a very good cup of tea.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Worthless on a shorter cruise since any unused coffee credits vanish at the end of the voyage. Unless one is a prolific drinker of foo foo coffee you lose out.

one per day (7 day cruise) for each person in a couple is prolific ???

but, yeah ...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

one per day (7 day cruise) for each person in a couple is prolific ???

but, yeah ...

Okay... I see your point but I don't want to be tied to one person's timeline. I like to buy a coffee at times when I'm not necessarily with my wife and she does the same. We need to each have a coffee package and 15 coffees for one person in 7 days is pretty much - at least for me or my wife.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, shadowski said:

Can anyone comment as to whether the cost is different when purchasing now on the website, before sailing, versus waiting to purchase while on board?  Is there a difference in price?

Cost should be exactly the same. It has always been so in the past.

12 hours ago, shadowski said:

Can anyone comment as to whether the cost is different when purchasing now on the website, before sailing, versus waiting to purchase while on board?  Is there a difference in price?

If your sailing is before August 31, 2019, then you can buy the old coffee card off ebay. You get 15 Coffees, but no free brewed coffee.

7 minutes ago, Kate P.C said:

Coffee price is the same, purchasing coffee online, or while onboard is also the same. I agree that the coffee package of 15 coffees per person for 7 days is a bit too much 🙂

It really is a LOT of coffee. We recently did a cruise tour and on the 7 day southbound cruise we had 2 completely unused cards. We managed to use them up completely but did buy stuff for other random folks. Otherwise we never would have managed to use them. One guy said he was actually buying two and I told him to go for it. I got to buy hot chocolate for a younger couple in the evening. Stuff like that is kind of fun to do although some look at you like there must be a catch or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Kate P.C said:

Coffee price is the same, purchasing coffee online, or while onboard is also the same. I agree that the coffee package of 15 coffees per person for 7 days is a bit too much 🙂

My DH & I don't drink that much coffee at home but on a cruise it usually is one specialty coffee in the morning & one at dinner.

During the day we drink maybe 1 or 2 of their cold specialty coffees.

To us 15 coffees isn't really that much at all per person especially after a hot day in the sun. 

If you run short on punches you can always make you own ice coffee at the buffet which doesn't taste that bad.

On 7/18/2019 at 3:03 PM, Thrak said:

Worthless on a shorter cruise since any unused coffee credits vanish at the end of the voyage. Unless one is a prolific drinker of foo foo coffee you lose out.

Or long blacks ... 😎

20 hours ago, richmke said:

If your sailing is before August 31, 2019, then you can buy the old coffee card off ebay. You get 15 Coffees, but no free brewed coffee.

And they expire  if your cruise is after that do not purchase from anyone.

21 hours ago, richmke said:

I'm seeing a glut of coffee cards on eBay recently. 

It looks like a fire sale. 🔥 :classic_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, cruise to live said:

Believe it or not, I still have a coffee card from 2011, with a number of punches still to go.  Will I be able to use this card, on my up coming cruise?

They're good up until Aug 31, 2019 .

bring your popcorn to the forum on 9/1 ... hopefully popcorn worthy postings ...

don't care about the people who can still use the old cards ... I want to hear from the people who get turned away :classic_angry::classic_huh:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

If you run short on punches you can always make you own ice coffee at the buffet which doesn't taste that bad.

With the new "coffee card" on the S&S card, the free brewed coffee continues after the 15 espresso drinks are used up, through the one cruise. So even better iced coffee!

1 minute ago, crystalspin said:

With the new "coffee card" on the S&S card, the free brewed coffee continues after the 15 espresso drinks are used up, through the one cruise. So even better iced coffee!

It used to work the same way with the old coffee cards as I recall.

The only time I like it hot is early morning & after dinner in the DR.

I usually use up my allotment for the cold iced coffee especially in the hot Caribbean.