What Do You Do

mcrcruiser

18 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

This is July 2019 & our next cruises are not until April 2020 on Princess  & Nov 2020 on HAL  .what do you folks do while you are waiting on cruises in the future ?

Why not book a cruise for Fall 2019. 🙂 Ha.  By the way our next cruises are Princess in the Fall and then next is HAL in Spring.  Once I have a cruise booked I start planning and I also have time to read other peoples cruise reviews.  There are a few excellent reviews right now on both Holland and Princess sites.  Norway ones.

38 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

This is July 2019 & our next cruises are not until April 2020 on Princess  & Nov 2020 on HAL  .what do you folks do while you are waiting on cruises in the future ?

I’m watching for a last minute good deal on a short winter cruise out of San Diego.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

I did 5 cruises in 5 months recently and need a bit of a break.   Our next “planned” (booked) cruise isn’t until October 2020 in Europe.  However, if something last minute catches my eye I wouldn’t hesitate in the fall/winter to go again!

Now I’m researching our ports in Europe since I’ve never been before.  

Your time will hopefully fly by quickly or maybe you’ll grab a last minute deal?! 

I have a pile of planning to do - just finalized air fare and hotels for our cruise and land adventure.  Now there’s our time on our own to plan for as well as the cruise.

That will eat up some time and in the meanwhile, I’m keeping my eye on the Grand South America for pricing for the fun of it. 😉 

• Like 1

Spend time finding as much as you can about all the ports you will be visiting: the history of the country and the port, the languages, the political situation, the geography, and things to do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Play Golf 4 times a week and enjoy the great weather in the beautiful Sunshine State. Besides that we cruise every 4 months, the first week of April, August and December.

Edited by MISTER 67

First, your cruise will be here before you know it, and you'll wonder where the time went.

Second, research hotels, ports, private excursions.  Knowing what to expect before you arrive in a port is essential and requires a lot of research.  For example, we saved lots of time and lines by purchasing tickets before leaving home that allowed us to skip the lines in many tourist areas.  When you have limited time in a port, you don't want to be standing in a line to get into a palace or museum.

Third, go on CC a lot to learn and help others with advice when you can.  Start or join a Roll Call.  

Fourth, enjoy and be thankful for the little pleasures in your daily life.  Again, the time will fly faster than you think.  

And finally, have a lovely cruise when it arrives.

Do fake bookings on our currently booked cruises and contact our TA if there are any changes, such as fare reductions or promotions, that would make economical sense to refare our booking to take advantage of it. Also make sure we send off our shareholder benefits form to get that extra OBC posted to our account. 

Then, of course, play on CC to learn all kinds of new things, some really beneficial and some not so much, on the various forums I monitor.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

We have a cruise booked for January, 2020 and every time I saw how many days until we cruise, I got depressed.

Since I have to be in Seattle in September to visit my mother, I found that for a very reasonable amount, we could

throw in an Alaska coastal cruise on HAL and I can visit my aunt in Ketchikan as well!  Works out well to keep checking what the cruise lines are offering.

Edited by Diver2014

With 5 cruises out there now till 2021, we always are future focused. We enjoy having something to look forward to and our countdowns !!

As at the beginning of this report one of our CCers (KrazyKruzier) said it best she helps others on the CC boards!!!👍👍

Love KK she is always helpful.

Denise😊

• Like 1