Everglades Air Boat Tour Timing

cormike1

We are looking at doing the Everglades Air Boat tour offered by Princess.  We can do it on turn around day for "In Transit" passengers.  It is also offered as a tour with drop-off at the airport.  The tour is 9:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. and is for anyone with flights after 1:00 p.m.  Our flight is at 2:50 p.m. and we are CDN.  I assume the airport isn't very far from where the tour starts.  Assuming we get to the airport by 12:00 p.m. will that give us enough time to check-in and go through customs, etc. for our flight.  Has anyone done this tour and can tell me the timing.  Thanks so much.

I haven't done this excursion but have done an air boat excursion. WEAR GLASSES. I took a huge bug to the eye at high speed. Fortunately I got my eye closed by reflex but it hurt a lot and continued to hurt a lot for a fairly long time. If I hadn't closed my eye by reflex I could have severely damaged or even destroyed my eyeball. Sunglasses could be your friend. Other than the bug it was a freaking awesome deal. 😄

• Like 1

Unless something has changed (which could be) Florida airports don't have customs set up  for people going to Canada or anywhere else. So mark that one off your  "to do" concerns. Hard to know if the airport is near where the tour starts as OP doesn't say what airport you are flying from.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

I haven't done this excursion but have done an air boat excursion. WEAR GLASSES. I took a huge bug to the eye at high speed. Fortunately I got my eye closed by reflex but it hurt a lot and continued to hurt a lot for a fairly long time. If I hadn't closed my eye by reflex I could have severely damaged or even destroyed my eyeball. Sunglasses could be your friend. Other than the bug it was a freaking awesome deal. 😄

We have done this excursion and our expectations were much too high. Yes, it's an air boat but not the four passenger kind you always see on television that goes crashing through the sawgrass. You have a big windscreen to protect you and they hold lots of passengers. I personally thought the twin V8 motors directly driving the propellers were pretty cool though.

Still, never a bad idea to protect your eyes.

image.thumb.jpeg.77d6755854017c4598fdd75fa6b3efe3.jpeg

• Like 1

Wow. Not at all like the one we were on but it wasn't associated with a cruise - we were just in Florida and decided to do it. There were 4 of us and maybe one other couple. No protective window. We went where it was lots of grass but the pilot knew the "channels" although they didn't look much like channels to me. Very different from what is pictured above. Guess we were luck we weren't on an organized excursion.

• Like 2