Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale

Rickster50

5 hours ago, Rickster50 said:

Appreciate that info cheeseclan. I'll look into the Hyatt next door. We are not Hyatt members but we'll pay for breakfast...no big deal.

Thanks again

Rick

Rick it is free to join Hyatt.  Quick and easy and then free breakfast.  Also Member rates for rooms and free WiFi.

Edited by cheeseclan

Good stuff. Guess I'm probably going to have to flip a coin and go from there. By the way that Duffy's Bar n Grill sound like the go to place although I won't be drinking Budweiser...nothing personal I just don't like it all that much!👎

Rick 

I enjoyed the onion soup at Duffy's.  And the beer!

If the renovation is finished at the Holiday Inn Express, it is very good.   Otherwise I would go with Hyatt also.

I'm going to be on a cruise ship by 11 a.m.   I do not need a big breakfast.

Thanks for that piece of info parrotfeathers. We have decided to book Embassy Suites because friends from Viera FL suggested we stay there, and besides they are coming down to see us before we go on the cruise. I see you're from Mississippi. We are doing the New Orleans to Memphis later after the cruise....9 days on the American Queen. Looking forward to that big time.

Rick

• Like 1

Duffy's is a large Florida chain of sports bars found in many central/south Florida towns from Sanford on down. It is quite affordable, very popular and always busy it seems.

I like it and go often. But it is not unique to the Port Everglades area in case you want something a bit more local!

I reckon Duffy's will suit us just fine SteerageJoe. It's convenient being close to our hotel, the food looks good from the internet site, and the beer from what I've been told is pretty good. I like a bit of variety. Thanks for the info.

Rick

18 hours ago, Rickster50 said:

Thanks for that piece of info parrotfeathers. We have decided to book Embassy Suites because friends from Viera FL suggested we stay there, and besides they are coming down to see us before we go on the cruise. I see you're from Mississippi. We are doing the New Orleans to Memphis later after the cruise....9 days on the American Queen. Looking forward to that big time.

Rick

Just an FYI...Embassy Suites is very dated and your friends if they decide to park there will be charged. Perhaps a better idea would be for them to park by Duffy's.

We used to stay at ES but now it's Hyatt Place for us.

Enjoy your stay.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Embassy Suites is convenient, and when we go (shoulder season) is fairly reasonably priced.  I have seen the prices in the winter and would never pay those prices, as others have said, the rooms need renovations and the hotel is not what it once was.

That said, something else we consider is what time our flight gets in.  If it's too late for pool time or the reception, we stay elsewhere.  And if it's too cold for the pool (which is beautiful), we stay elsewhere. 

Our experience is that the ES is essentially a very expensive breakfast and glass of plonk given the age of the hotel and lack of room updates. 

We do not find it particularly good value and it certainly does not compare to other ES properties that we have enjoyed staying in when traveling on business or pleasure.  Unless of course we get it on a Hotwire buy or  a low ball Priceline bid.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 1

Thank you for your comments. As far as my wife and myself are concerned, it's a convenient locality being close to the airport,

we have booked a King Premium Suite high up with a balcony and as we say "We're here for a good time, not a long time".... It' will  do us.

Cheers

Rick

• Like 2

A bit of advise about Hyatt Place: If you book with an alternate booking agency for a better deal, beware that if they overbook the Hyatt on your particular night,  They will move your reservation to the closest Hyatt Place (Plantation).  You will be very unhappy  they did that knowing you had a confirmation.  I know because it happened to me and several others last fall.  Just book directly with Hyatt if you must stay there.  It won't happen to everyone but you can't trust them to honor your reservation.  I learned my lesson trusting the booking agency.

We usually stay at the Hampton Inn Airport/North Cruiseport,  but our last cruise out of Ft Lauderdale we decided to try the Embassy Suites because  so many people on here recommended it.

We were disappointed - it seemed dark and dated and not overly clean.  We thought the desk staff were not the nicest and the breakfast was not good.  Everything on the breakfast buffet seemed to be very poor quality.  We much prefer the Hampton, and even the Holiday Inn.  The only way we would book the E.S. again would be if we got a very good deal. Maybe.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 7:44 PM, Daisyloo said:

.  We thought the desk staff were not the nicest and the breakfast was not good.  Everything on the breakfast buffet seemed to be very poor quality.  We much prefer the Hampton, and even the Holiday Inn.  The only way we would book the E.S. again would be if we got a very good deal. Maybe.

Ok, that seems weird to me?  The last 3 times I stayed at embassy, they had a “made to order” breakfast bar... is that no longer the case?

2 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Ok, that seems weird to me?  The last 3 times I stayed at embassy, they had a “made to order” breakfast bar... is that no longer the case?

They did have the made to order breakfast,  and the buffet.  The line up to get the cooked to order breakfast was very long so we opted for the buffet food.  And it was not good.  After all the recommendations we read here on CC for the hotel, we were very disappointed.

4 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

Uber is more convenient. Do you happen to remember how much an Uber ride to the cruise dock is? Thanks.

We've used Uber from the Embassy Suites to port several times, usually 7-8.00.  Much more convenient than waiting for a shuttle.

• Like 1