2020 Itineraries

TheVolpes

Hello! 

I cruised HAL for the first time in 2015 for my honeymoon and had an amazing time. I would love to take a 5 year anniversary trip on HAL next year and have an idea of where we would like to go. I found a PERFECT (for us) itinerary that is cruising this year - 7-Day Mediterranean Rivieras (https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/E9M07B/E950.html), but it is only available for 1 date next month. Does anyone know if the cruises for next summer are all already announced? 

Thanks so much in advance!! 

1 hour ago, yerdua said:

I've noticed that a lot of times HAL will do certain itineraries every other year. This may be the reason you can't see that particular itinerary for the year you want to sail.

good to know- thank you! 

1 hour ago, TheVolpes said:

I looked but didn't see much for Summer 2020, was hoping more would be coming 🙂 

All the ships are scheduled for next summer. They just aren't putting as many ships in the Med as in the past. Only 3. We are already booked for 24 days on the N. Amsterdam.

• Like 1

I think in many markets HAL seldom exactly repeats an itinerary.  I would suggest going to their site and starting with a ship to Europe for your anniversary month and then drill down to med type embarkation ports.  While they may not exactly match your target cruise you would likely find something you would like, perhaps even with just a port or 2 difference.  Good luck.

Roy

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I think in many markets HAL seldom exactly repeats an itinerary.  I would suggest going to their site and starting with a ship to Europe for your anniversary month and then drill down to med type embarkation ports.  While they may not exactly match your target cruise you would likely find something you would like, perhaps even with just a port or 2 difference.  Good luck.

Roy

Thanks for the info! I did this and only found trips from the Netherlands within the summer months for under 9 days. Was hoping for more Med locations. 

The closest itineraries that I can see for next year are:

12 day Mediterranean Romance Departing April 28th or August 2nd on Nieuw Amsterdam from Barcelona to Venice.

or 12 day Iberian Adventure Departing September 13th on Nieuw Statendam from Amsterdam to Civitavecchia.

3 hours ago, TheVolpes said:

I looked but didn't see much for Summer 2020, was hoping more would be coming 🙂 

I've been watching for the fall '20 Pacific Coastals to come out -- but only the spring offerings are showing, so far.

2 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

I've been watching for the fall '20 Pacific Coastals to come out -- but only the spring offerings are showing, so far.

I am looking for one of those as well and see that the ones for late summer / early fall of next year have not yet been released.

I even spoke with someone down at HAL that gave me a voyage number and ports of call for the Kdam for next fall but it hasn’t been made available for bookings. He said, just keep checking ... which I am doing!  Not very patiently, though, I might add.  Hahaha 

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

I am looking for one of those as well and see that the ones for late summer / early fall of next year have not yet been released.

I even spoke with someone down at HAL that gave me a voyage number and ports of call for the Kdam for next fall but it hasn’t been made available for bookings. He said, just keep checking ... which I am doing!  Not very patiently, though, I might add.  Hahaha 

Hey there, Raider! Fancy seeing you here! Sadly,  X continues to chip-away at their few Pacific Coastal offerings, every year. I'm just tired of it. Managed to book one for this October, and was SO glad that I picked the one I did. The week after I booked, the other P.C. I'd been looking at 'disappeared' from X's inventory -- apparently chartered.

Anyhow, will keep an eye out for the K-dam cruise for fall of 2020. Who knows? We might just get the chance to cruise together again, after all!

1 hour ago, wwcruisers said:

Hey there, Raider! Fancy seeing you here! Sadly,  X continues to chip-away at their few Pacific Coastal offerings, every year. I'm just tired of it. Managed to book one for this October, and was SO glad that I picked the one I did. The week after I booked, the other P.C. I'd been looking at 'disappeared' from X's inventory -- apparently chartered.

Anyhow, will keep an eye out for the K-dam cruise for fall of 2020. Who knows? We might just get the chance to cruise together again, after all!

HI WWCruisers ... 

I know!  No Celebrity coastals so am looking at booking on HAL.  I see Princess has a couple next year that go from Vancouver to LA, both with stops in San Francisco, so we would probably jump ship there.  My PVP down there said it would be no problem if  I just arrange for it ahead of time.  But, we are booked on the last HAL Alaska cruise on the Kdam and she then ends up in San Diego a week after that sailing, so she has to get there somehow.  I would rather do a B2B on the same ship vs packing up and transferring over to a different ship in Canada Place.  They are oftentimes so disorganized there.  I also see that the Eurodam has a sailing through the Canal that starts in Seattle or Vancouver 2 days later or in San Diego a few days after that.  So, I do think they will also be filling those cabins that have bookings for Diego to Ft Lauderdale with passengers wanting to sail from Vancouver to San Diego.  They are just not yet released but the Kdam one looks more enticing as it is a true B2B. 

I know all about that Eclipse charter for October as I was booked on that sailing.  I chose the November 9 day sailing instead as a trade in (just like I had done on the Infinity when we met).  But, I ended up canceling it as October was the only month that worked out for our friends that are traveling with us.  So, we jumped over to the Sea Witch instead (Princess).  

So, it would be great to see you on a cruise again.  The Kdam one is Sept 26-Oct 3 ... the one not yet released but the agent gave me a voyage number and even the ports of call....and he mentioned it wasn't a charter so, it's just a matter of time... I hope!!   Fingers crossed that you will be booking that same one!  

28 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

So, it would be great to see you on a cruise again.  The Kdam one is Sept 26-Oct 3 ... the one not yet released but the agent gave me a voyage number and even the ports of call....and he mentioned it wasn't a charter so, it's just a matter of time... I hope!!   Fingers crossed that you will be booking that same one!  

Will your K-dam Alaska cruise be your first time on HAL? And you are right -- she has to get down the coast somehow, lol! Hopefully, HAL is just working out the port stops, before putting that itinerary on the website. Will keep watching!

2 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

Will your K-dam Alaska cruise be your first time on HAL? And you are right -- she has to get down the coast somehow, lol! Hopefully, HAL is just working out the port stops, before putting that itinerary on the website. Will keep watching!

No, we've actually sailed on HAL a couple of times in the past but we have no status with her.  I liked it before and chose the Kdam because she is a newer ship.  

Yes, I think they are just working out the semantics and maybe some details of their contracts with the ports.  Can't imagine what might be holding them up.  I keep checking the port schedules but nothing as of yet. You know how upset people get when their itinerary is canceled or changed and they are hopefully just saving themselves from that headache.  The last I spoke to someone down at HAL was the last week of June and he thought maybe it would be released within 2 weeks but it's been a little over 3 weeks now so, I guess I will just continue to keep checking.  

52 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

The last I spoke to someone down at HAL was the last week of June and he thought maybe it would be released within 2 weeks but it's been a little over 3 weeks now so, I guess I will just continue to keep checking.  

Since none of the fall '20 Pacific Coastals have been released yet, they might still be working out multiple ports for multiple ships -- for those months. But I totally agree -- I'd rather wait a little longer, and have an itinerary that I can count on! Keeping fingers crossed, as it WOULD be nice to experience HAL for the first time, on one of her newer ships! 🤗

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheVolpes said:

Thanks for the info! I did this and only found trips from the Netherlands within the summer months for under 9 days. Was hoping for more Med locations. 

Yes, I wish HAL would offer more 7-day Mediterranean Cruises.  Royal and Celebrity have plenty.

On 7/19/2019 at 4:26 PM, wwcruisers said:

Since none of the fall '20 Pacific Coastals have been released yet, they might still be working out multiple ports for multiple ships -- for those months. But I totally agree -- I'd rather wait a little longer, and have an itinerary that I can count on! Keeping fingers crossed, as it WOULD be nice to experience HAL for the first time, on one of her newer ships! 🤗

True for HAL ... but of note, Princess does have their Pacific Coastals out for the fall of 2020.  I have one on hold ... but refundable as I would rather do a true B2B than change ships up in Canada Place.  

48 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

True for HAL ... but of note, Princess does have their Pacific Coastals out for the fall of 2020.  I have one on hold ... but refundable as I would rather do a true B2B than change ships up in Canada Place.  

Oh yeah, Raider! We recently did a 'side by side', out of Ft. L. We took a 5-nite 'family cruise' on RC (Indy), immediately followed by a Smooth Jazz Cruise charter on Infinity. Even with an inter-ship transfer (courtesy of Indy's Diamond Concierge), turn-around day was still brutal! The thing that I love the most about b2b's is: Walk off the ship; expedited check-in at the pier; and -- walk back on (preferably to the same cabin)! 😎

14 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

Oh yeah, Raider! We recently did a 'side by side', out of Ft. L. We took a 5-nite 'family cruise' on RC (Indy), immediately followed by a Smooth Jazz Cruise charter on Infinity. Even with an inter-ship transfer (courtesy of Indy's Diamond Concierge), turn-around day was still brutal! The thing that I love the most about b2b's is: Walk off the ship; expedited check-in at the pier; and -- walk back on (preferably to the same cabin)! 😎

Yes, that's what I would be trying to avoid.  The reason for the cruise, or should I say, cruises, is it is a big birthday celebration (one that ends in a zero) and turn around day is actually on the actual birthday ... it would be disappointing to ruin it with so much chaos.  And yes, will try to nab that same cabin if and when the cruise becomes available.  

If I understand what you are trying to do I'm pretty sure this is a lost cause.  I assuming you're trying to do SEA-VAN B2B with VAN-SD.  If so, that makes your journey Seattle to San Diego on a non-US flagged ship.  That's a violation of the Passenger Vessel Services act and HAL would be prohibited from selling it to you even though both individual voyages are legal.

Roy

34 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

If I understand what you are trying to do I'm pretty sure this is a lost cause.  I assuming you're trying to do SEA-VAN B2B with VAN-SD.  If so, that makes your journey Seattle to San Diego on a non-US flagged ship.  That's a violation of the Passenger Vessel Services act and HAL would be prohibited from selling it to you even though both individual voyages are legal.

Roy

Actually, I believe that the specific cruise (Koningsdam Alaska 2020) that Raider is referencing is a Vancouver-Vancouver closed-loop cruise. Nothing that I can see would prohibit pairing that with a b2b leg of Vancouver to San Diego. However, Roy, you are correct about always has being on the lookout for that PESKY PVSA!

24 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

Actually, I believe that the specific cruise (Koningsdam Alaska 2020) that Raider is referencing is a Vancouver-Vancouver closed-loop cruise. Nothing that I can see would prohibit pairing that with a b2b leg of Vancouver to San Diego. However, Roy, you are correct about always has being on the lookout for that PESKY PVSA!

Do you have the dates in question?

Roy

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Do you have the dates in question?

Roy

I believe that Raider was referencing K/dam's final '20 Alaska sailing -- you'd have to look it up, to be sure of the dates. However, from what I recall seeing, all of K/dam's Alaska sailings for that season are VNC-VNC (round trip) -- unless I'm missing something.

On 7/21/2019 at 11:46 AM, wwcruisers said:

I believe that Raider was referencing K/dam's final '20 Alaska sailing -- you'd have to look it up, to be sure of the dates. However, from what I recall seeing, all of K/dam's Alaska sailings for that season are VNC-VNC (round trip) -- unless I'm missing something.

You are not missing anything  here ... just as you thought, it is the Vancouver to Vancouver itinerary for cruise #1 and then Vancouver to California (San Diego or possibly San Francisco if the deal is good enough to justify skipping the last half of the sailing).  

There is no conflict here with the PVSA as the originating port is in Canada.