Vision of the Seas Cruise - our Only Complaint.....

The Centrum of the ship and the location of Guest Services, Excursion Services and NextCruise Bookings conflicted each other in a terrible way. During visits to each of these services, one particularly annoying "canned" band was constantly playing and you couldn't hear the staff (and, they couldn't hear us either). On another occasion it was the cruise director. I went down there to politely tell him to turn the gain level down on his mic. I would hope that Royal Caribbean staff read this. Either relocate these services to another location such as the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge where it is much quieter.

Although there are doors between the Centrum and cabins, the same noise you heard is VERY loud in the 4-5 cabins nearest the Centrum.  Due to ship size they hold a lot of events in there.

54 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Although there are doors between the Centrum and cabins, the same noise you heard is VERY loud in the 4-5 cabins nearest the Centrum.  Due to ship size they hold a lot of events in there.

Agree. Even though they shut Fire Doors at nite(or Passengers) while playing Loud music can still hear it. Usually done by 10-10:30pm

3 hours ago, johnjen said:

The Centrum of the ship and the location of Guest Services, Excursion Services and NextCruise Bookings conflicted each other in a terrible way. During visits to each of these services, one particularly annoying "canned" band was constantly playing and you couldn't hear the staff (and, they couldn't hear us either). On another occasion it was the cruise director. I went down there to politely tell him to turn the gain level down on his mic. I would hope that Royal Caribbean staff read this. Either relocate these services to another location such as the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge where it is much quieter.

It's Common last few years on Radiance and Vision Class of ship's. Where all the entertainment is now, don't see it ending

• Like 1

This is so true on the smaller class ships. I for one never have liked the ships with a Centrum once the Promenade design came out and I had something to compare to.

I was just on Vision (May 18-30) after sailing her many times years ago and it just reinforced my feelings, so I made sure to book my JS as far from it as possible and the true aft cabin (#8590) worked well.

However we noted many events held in the Centrum that very easily could have been held elsewhere .... One example was the Captains talk ...it was packed...barely any standing room even on the overlooking decks above. There was nothing scheduled in the Masquerade Theater until that evening. These ships need to make better use of the available space they have.

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

This is so true on the smaller class ships. I for one never have liked the ships with a Centrum once the Promenade design came out and I had something to compare to.

I was just on Vision (May 18-30) after sailing her many times years ago and it just reinforced my feelings, so I made sure to book my JS as far from it as possible and the true aft cabin (#8590) worked well.

However we noted many events held in the Centrum that very easily could have been held elsewhere .... One example was the Captains talk ...it was packed...barely any standing room even on the overlooking decks above. There was nothing scheduled in the Masquerade Theater until that evening. These ships need to make better use of the available space they have.

Just a note:  Just because there is nothing listed in the Cruise Compass, it does not mean that the theater is not in use.  They need time to set up for visiting entertainers, for rehearsals,  for tech run-throughs, etc.

• Thanks 1

They use to have a great aerial show on the Vison Class ships...they spent lots of money on the setup and special equipment but this only lasted a couple of years....too bad it was quite entertaining.  

The Promenade is much more fun, love to people watch from the Pub with a cold beer.

2 minutes ago, robandana said:

They use to have a great aerial show on the Vison Class ships...they spent lots of money on the setup and special equipment but this only lasted a couple of years....too bad it was quite entertaining.  ...

That show was too difficult to see from the centrum, not enough seating.

19 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Just a note:  Just because there is nothing listed in the Cruise Compass, it does not mean that the theater is not in use.  They need time to set up for visiting entertainers, for rehearsals,  for tech run-throughs, etc.

Well perhaps you're right but right after this event (11:00am) in the standing room only Centrum we walked to the Theater and checked it out ... it was empty and the next scheduled thing in there was a movie. As I said they could have easily used the theater for the captains talk.

Edited by Ashland

42 minutes ago, robandana said:

They use to have a great aerial show on the Vison Class ships...they spent lots of money on the setup and special equipment but this only lasted a couple of years....too bad it was quite entertaining.  

The Promenade is much more fun, love to people watch from the Pub with a cold beer.

Aerial show how was on Radiance Class for few yrs, ships were always short of trained experienced Riggers was reason given. They always went to newer Oasis Class, higher priority, and they just kinda stopped on Vision/Radiance Class. Though Royal still will continue use Centrum for most gatherings. Passengers line up of 4-5 decks looking down...

Edited by ONECRUISER

21 hours ago, meadowlander said:

Why are you paranoid?. It was a comment.

Merion Mom is cool in here and doesn't mean anything bad by what she said. It really was our only complaint. She probably was alluding to numerous other complaints she's seen in here.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

That show was too difficult to see from the centrum, not enough seating.

One TREMENDOUS show was seeing the Beatle Maniacs perform on Vision. WOW!! Not sure though if I can post a video of them on here, but they were an absolute smashing gig.

Edited by johnjen

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Well perhaps you're right but right after this event (11:00am) in the standing room only Centrum we walked to the Theater and checked it out ... it was empty and the next scheduled thing in there was a movie. As I said they could have easily used the theater for the captains talk.

I agree that it is unusual to have the Captain's Corner NOT in the theater.