Just made Platinum!!!

This recent Vision cruise had a nice little platinum bonus: A BOGO wine or beer. That, believe it or not, made me feel special.

We made emerald in the middle of this cruise.

Edited by johnjen

Congrats!!! I remember when I made Platinum, I felt like a superstar, lol. That was before Emerald existed and I knew that Diamond was a long way off. Enjoy your new perks! You'll level up in no time. I barely got comfortable as Emerald and now I am two points away from Diamond. I have a 3 day birthday cruise next month that will take care that😎. I don't know if I'll ever hit Diamond Plus and Pinnacle level is nothing but a pipe dream at this point.

10 hours ago, johnjen said:

It's funny though, I imagine some people may get very upset, for real, over not getting the pin. Ours are still on the cardboard in my junk drawer I think.

I was just joking about the pin.  😄    Though when I finally did see one...it is a pretty little piece of glass being green, over the clear glass on the Diamond pin.  😉 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

No, they look like the cookies that are made onboard

Leftover from the supply at the WJ the day before.  😉  I keep the cabin plate resupplied from stock in the WJ for Bucky the cookie monster.  

Edited by island lady

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

I was just joking about the pin.  😄    Though when I finally did see one...it is a pretty little piece of glass being green, over the clear glass on the Diamond pin.  😉 

Hey, you never know, maybe it's a real emerald!:classic_biggrin:

On 7/19/2019 at 2:32 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

I remember our excitement at reaching platinum. It seems a small thing now, but at the time we were still quite new to cruising, and it meant more. And if anyone pooh-poohs, remember that like most things in life, there's little point in comparing your situation to that of others, since there will always be those who are "ahead of" or "behind" you. Just enjoy where YOU are!

Any higher ups that attempt to damper someone's excitement about reaching a new level are probably the same ones that become obnoxious, loud mouth, staff abusing, bores when they gain entry to the lounges.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Any higher ups that attempt to damper someone's excitement about reaching a new level are probably the same ones that become obnoxious, loud mouth, staff abusing, bores when they gain entry to the lounges.

The problem is that .....they were probably already obnoxious, loud mouth, staff abusing bores before they even got to that level.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Congrats!  Im 3 points away and will be Platinum after my upcoming Harmony cruise.   I will probably never live to see Diamond because I switch back and forth between Carnival and RC but its a nice goal to set anyway  :)  

2 minutes ago, MarlboroBell said:

We're going to be Platinum after our cruise next month -- the biggest perk as far as I can see is the quicker boarding line!

Balcony discount!

1 hour ago, MarlboroBell said:

We're going to be Platinum after our cruise next month -- the biggest perk as far as I can see is the quicker boarding line!

The Upper Tier party on 7 night and longer cruises is fun also.  🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Balcony discount!

I will become Diamond during the 11/2 Anniv cruise. What will happen to me?

Walk the plank?  Announcement in the daily paper? Balloon drop?  Fireworks?

Dinner with the officers-I should only be so lucky. (I do know the tiers and perks-should after 50 years.)

Edited by vettprincess
more info

8 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

Dinner with the officers-I should only be so lucky. (I do know the tiers and perks-should after 50 years.)

Most likely nothing will happen with regard to becoming Diamond on the 11/2 cruise.

On 7/19/2019 at 2:08 PM, Cruise_Couple said:

I just got the notice that we made Platinum in the Crown and Anchor Society! I know compared to others it is nothing and the platinum benefits aren't huge but we do not get to cruise very often so it feels like a big deal to me! Just wanted to share my excitement!

xRCI_Platinum_TierBoard-e1457324734117.jpg.pagespeed.ic.aoYm6WMGxU.jpg

Congratulations !   This will be our first cruise on Royal but we are loyal Celebrity cruisers. Imagine my delight when I signed up for the Crown and Anchor and found out I was already Platinum. It's the small pleasures in life that make us smile.

1 hour ago, vettprincess said:

You don't become anything during a cruise. You only become something after the cruise when the points are added to your account.