Celebrity Website Getting Better ?

m8zenblue

Question: Is it just me or is the Celebrity website improving ?

It seems like in the past month or so I have been able to login with ease and navigate from page to page without errors.

Has anyone else noticed this ?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

Question: Is it just me or is the Celebrity website improving ?

It seems like in the past month or so I have been able to login with ease and navigate from page to page without errors.

Has anyone else noticed this ?

Maybe less traffic, Just throwing out there that I have not been on the website a lot  since I got the app and have a cruise in a few weeks. I'm sure others are doing the same thing.

I work in the digital marketing industry specializing in CRO and have noticed X conducting many usability and conversion tests lately. They are clearly investing in the website and trying to improve it. I agree it does seem to be working. I do get a chuckle out of the “popular destination alerts” that keep popping up in the bottom right. 

1 hour ago, Gwendy914 said:

i wish that were true--I can't log in this morning. LOL

Me neither and not for the last few times I've tried to, so frustrating. The only cruise website worse than Celebrity's is MSC Cruises. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gwendy914 said:

i wish that were true--I can't log in this morning. LOL

Try clearing your browser history. Lately I've been getting an error message that says they have my info and to try again later. Instead I clear my browser history, and it works like a charm. DH says it's an issue with the sites cookies. Or my pc's cookies. Forgive me, IT people. I forget where the cookies are lol

Edited by bermadu22
  • Like 1

In April we booked an Alaska Millennium cruise with a post-cruise tour for September, 2020. The post-cruise tour has diaappeared,from the site 3 times in the three months since we booked. When the tour disappears, our reservation shows a different tour that is similar but not even offered for Millennium. I have called, and it has been corrected each time within a few days. The last time I called, I was given an IT number to use for future calls. I am thinking they expect the problem to occur again.

Edited by Glendakayself

I agree that it’s improved. Use to be when I tried to get on one of my booked cruise sites on line, it would tell me I couldn’t get access for some set time, time and time again. Now, no real issue. In fact when I log on, it takes me to my current cruises. 

And the search tool has been beefed up, and the list of available SR’s appears to be all of them instead of a few they use to show available and you had to keep saying no to see another short set. 

I find it pretty handy.

But for searching for a cruise generally, I still find the Cruise Critic site very handy. It shows an extended list of ports of call and what cruises are pulling in there. So many sites only list departure/arrival ports and you have to through tons of itineraries to find ports of call. Love this search tool. 

Den

I did not want to start a new posting on the Celebrity website but just want to ask a quick question. I am trying to access my account to do an Express Pass on upcoming cruise and for the past 2 days I been getting the following message at the bottom of screen when trying to log in. Is anyone else having the same difficulty? Thanks, Banjo

We've got your info. However, we're unable to bring up your account right now, so please try again later.

2 hours ago, Banjo said:

I did not want to start a new posting on the Celebrity website but just want to ask a quick question. I am trying to access my account to do an Express Pass on upcoming cruise and for the past 2 days I been getting the following message at the bottom of screen when trying to log in. Is anyone else having the same difficulty? Thanks, Banjo

We've got your info. However, we're unable to bring up your account right now, so please try again later.

Yes, It's been the same for me for the past week. I only had one day, this past sunday, where I was actually able to log into my account. I'm right back where you are today ...... Total fail. Celebrity's website and IT department sucks and they should be ashamed of themselves. Only ones worse is MSC. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Yes, It's been the same for me for the past week. I only had one day, this past sunday, where I was actually able to log into my account. I'm right back where you are today ...... Total fail. Celebrity's website and IT department sucks and they should be ashamed of themselves. Only ones worse is MSC. 

Thanks, I thought it might be my browser. Hope they rectify this soon because I need to do an Express Pass.

As far as booking a cruise on the Celebrity site - IT SUCKS!

Last week I booked a cruise for September through the Celebrity site with the resident rate savings and no perks. I was not offered travel insurance while booking and I was not required to add my wife’s name to the booking even though it was clearly a booking for two people. Got to the payment option and paid in full the agreed upon amount since the cruise is less than 2 months away. No need to put down the deposit and log back in in 24 hours to pay the balance. 

So all seemed ok until 2 minutes later when I received the confirmation via email. It shows a balance due!  *****!  In the next 10 minutes I receive two more confirmations all showing the same thing. I log on to my account and see a balance due as well. Confirmations show that I chose two perks - beverage package and OBC. I did not.  The payment I made was correct but because Celebrity added the perks then it showed the balance due. 

Ok I know it sometimes takes overnight for reservations to straighten themselves out so I decide to wait till Saturday afternoon to verify. So I log in Saturday afternoon to verify all is good but it is not - still shows a balance due. So a phone call to the 800# to straighten it out. Wasn’t necessarily the outcome I wanted when I called them but I will accept what I finally ended up with - hey it’s still a cruise!

But I do wonder what would have happened if I had not closely looked at my confirmation within the 24 hour period. Would my cruise have been cancelled because I did not pay the balance and would Celebrity have kept my money that I had already paid?  This is where a travel agent is worth it!

So to answer the OP - NO THE CELEBRITY WEBSITE IS NOT IMPROVING IMO. 

Is there a way to contact celebrity to tell them if you are celebrating an anniversary or birthday. On other cruise lines we would have a place to do that on the website and they would give you a nice dessert or champagne complimentary.

3 hours ago, Jane2357 said:

Sorry for a dumb question but I cannot locate the deck plans.  The only way I can see them is by doing a booking   😞 there has to be an easier way.  

You can go to https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships

To navigate hit the 3 bars (menu) Top Left and Select Ships.

After selecting ship -    Go all the way to the bottom and you will find deck plans.   There may be an Elevator Bar on upper right if more than 2 version (Pre and Post Revolution) are available.

3 minutes ago, newcruise55 said:

Is there a way to contact celebrity to tell them if you are celebrating an anniversary or birthday. On other cruise lines we would have a place to do that on the website and they would give you a nice dessert or champagne complimentary.

I could be wrong but I believe this is asked when you first make a booking but not aware you can revise it after booking without either calling Celebrity or your Travel Partner (travel agent).    You also may be able to indicate a special occasion when you do online check in, but can't confirm.

34 minutes ago, newcruise55 said:

I just contacted Celebrity and they updated our booking that it's my friend's birthday. They only offer a free a dessert.