Beware if you have to cancel

beachgal

I had to recently cancel booking for April 2020.  I was supposed to receive money back within 21 business days - I did not.  I had to repeatedly call Viking, and each time I was told the money would be returned the next day.  They (including 2 managers) continued to lie to me for more than 2 weeks.  This is not professional & very disappointed.  I’ve sailed with Viking twice, but never again!

Dear @beachgal,

Though we deeply regret the refund delay and subsequent communication you have described, we are grateful that you’ve alerted us to these events. If you haven’t already, please reach out to us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com with your booking information so that we may investigate the above mentioned circumstances and offer assistance where possible, as well as hopefully restore your faith in Viking.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,
Viking Cruises

4 hours ago, beachgal said:

I had to recently cancel booking for April 2020.  I was supposed to receive money back within 21 business days - I did not.  I had to repeatedly call Viking, and each time I was told the money would be returned the next day.  They (including 2 managers) continued to lie to me for more than 2 weeks.  This is not professional & very disappointed.  I’ve sailed with Viking twice, but never again!

Yes, I sent email.  I assume I will get the same NON-responses or lies that I got when I made numerous calls to get my refund back.  There were plenty of opportunities to get this right, but I obviously was not a priority then, so I’m sure that hasn’t changed.  I’m just trying to warn others!

3 hours ago, beachgal said:

Yes, I sent email.  I assume I will get the same NON-responses or lies that I got when I made numerous calls to get my refund back.  There were plenty of opportunities to get this right, but I obviously was not a priority then, so I’m sure that hasn’t changed.  I’m just trying to warn others!

Be sure to include your booking number and your telephone number in the e-mail.

I have had many conversations with them over the years and they have always helped me solve whatever problem I have sent their way. As the other Andy says, don't discount them so quickly; give them a chance to do their job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Many of us on this Board have received excellent service from the great people at Tellus, so don't be so quick to discount them.

This post was made about VIKING!

I have emailed.  There is nothing they can do for me, but I did alert them to the problem I had getting my refund returned.  I just wanted to alert others.  I hope you don’t have a financial emergency and need to cancel.  Although they were very late with my refund, I am most upset about their constant lies to me!

2 hours ago, beachgal said:

This post was made about VIKING!

So was my response, "Tellus" is who responded to your initial post - tellus@vikingcruises.com. My mistake, didn't think I had to mention the complete email address.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, beachgal said:

Time for you to switch to another cruise line?

You are not the only one with complaints about Viking customer service.

Too bad no refund.

Edited by Kingofcool1947