Upgrade from DV1 to Junior Suite?

nicomendoza

We’re currently booked on a 2021 cruise on the Viking Sky. We’re on a DV1 on Deck 8 and there’s a PS1 on that deck for $2500 more ($8000 vs $10500). 

It’s our first time (or second, we’re booked on the Celebrity Apex for 2020) to cruise so we’re wondering if what we get by upgrading is worth that extra $2500? We know Viking is port-intensive so we’re concerned we won’t be able to make much use for a PS1 but since it’s our first time, what do we know?

We’d do it if it was worth the money or is it smarter for us to use that $2500 for something else during the trip or for maybe a new cruise?

Btw, I don’t know if it mattered, but we’re in our early 30s, like to explore the world and we thought cruises would open us to a new way of doing so. 

Thanks a lot!

Use the $2,500 elsewhere, or upgrade to a PV3 for less $.  It's large and has daily stocked liquor bottles and you get to pick your excursions earlier than all the DV folks.  Deck #s do not matter to me.  I like walking up or down the stairs.  

• Like 1

I agree with philw. Save your money that can be used for other travel expenses either onboard or in port. We’ve been on 2 VO cruises booked in DVs and have been quite satisfied. If you enjoy wine and/or cocktails consider upgrading to the Silver Spirits package. Yes, wine and beer are included at lunch and dinner but we preferred  having a wider selection of wines. Also, we selected several non-included tours that we enjoyed. 

22 hours ago, nicomendoza said:

We’re currently booked on a 2021 cruise on the Viking Sky. We’re on a DV1 on Deck 8 and there’s a PS1 on that deck for $2500 more ($8000 vs $10500). 

It’s our first time (or second, we’re booked on the Celebrity Apex for 2020) to cruise so we’re wondering if what we get by upgrading is worth that extra $2500? We know Viking is port-intensive so we’re concerned we won’t be able to make much use for a PS1 but since it’s our first time, what do we know?

We’d do it if it was worth the money or is it smarter for us to use that $2500 for something else during the trip or for maybe a new cruise?

Btw, I don’t know if it mattered, but we’re in our early 30s, like to explore the world and we thought cruises would open us to a new way of doing so. 

Thanks a lot!

Sure why not.?  Go all in, if you can afford to do so.  It is not that much more money.

Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide.