New to Carnival with some questions.

Bigmike911

I am a long time voyager on Cunard, and have taken one voyage on Princess. Living in the Greater Houston area I am considering a voyage to the eastern Caribbean on Carnival Vista out of Galveston next year. I usually book Queen's Grill accommodation (their top) on Cunard, and am a Diamond Tier loyalty customer, and with those come a lot of benefits. I don't mind paying extra for food, drink and services, but my experience on Princess was less than satisfying. Here are my questions?

How large are the largest suites on Vista and what are they called?

Where are they generally located.

How big are they?

Do the suite bathrooms have tubs, showers or tubs with showers? 

On Cunard, I am provided with spirits of my choosing (Johnny Walker Black Label in my case) for my suite. I was not able to even buy it on Princess which was very disappointing. 

Can you order canape's or the like for consumption in your suite before dinner?

Does Vista have any special events or make special accommodations, for their suite passengers, as they do on Princess?

I am fortunate enough to be able to pay for life's little pleasures so money is not a major issue, but being an old guy getting things I am used to is.

Thank you for your help. Please remember I am interested in Carnival Vista, and in Suite accommodations. 

You can view the ship's deck plans and cabins on Carnival's website.

As far as I know Carnival does not offer canapes or mini bars on any of their ships, and does not offer special events or accommodations for suite guests, other than priority boarding/debarkation/tenders.

3 minutes ago, Garth2 said:

You can view the ship's deck plans and cabins on Carnival's website.

As far as I know Carnival does not offer canapes or mini bars on any of their ships, and does not offer special events or accommodations for suite guests, other than priority boarding/debarkation/tenders.

Thanks Garth, unfortunately the Carnival Web Site, is pretty useless in describing accommodation or any thing else. Which is why I asked the questions. 

23 minutes ago, Bigmike911 said:

I am a long time voyager on Cunard, and have taken one voyage on Princess. Living in the Greater Houston area I am considering a voyage to the eastern Caribbean on Carnival Vista out of Galveston next year. I usually book Queen's Grill accommodation (their top) on Cunard, and am a Diamond Tier loyalty customer, and with those come a lot of benefits. I don't mind paying extra for food, drink and services, but my experience on Princess was less than satisfying. Here are my questions?

How big are they?

On Cunard, I am provided with spirits of my choosing (Johnny Walker Black Label in my case) for my suite. I was not able to even buy it on Princess which was very disappointing. 

Does Vista have any special events or make special accommodations, for their suite passengers, as they do on Princess?

I am fortunate enough to be able to pay for life's little pleasures so money is not a major issue, but being an old guy getting things I am used to is.

Thank you for your help. Please remember I am interested in Carnival Vista, and in Suite accommodations. 

On the Vista the high end and largest suite is the Grand Suite. They are pretty big and have a very big balcony. Separate dressing area and you have access to the Havana pool which not everyone is. 

1 minute ago, RRLLAL said:

On the Vista the high end and largest suite is the Grand Suite. They are pretty big and have a very big balcony. Separate dressing area and you have access to the Havana pool which not everyone is. 

Useful thank you RRLLAL.

12 minutes ago, Bigmike911 said:

How big are they?

The Carnival Vista doesn't have many levels of suites.  You sound like the upper suite which is a Grand Suite is what you would be interested in.  They are 345 sq ft with an 85 sq ft balcony.  They are mid ship on deck 7.  They have a tub/shower combination.  Carnival doesn't offer suite amenities like other cruise lines do.  There is no mini bar set up, free drinks,  or afternoon snack deliveries.  No special dining room or "meet the Captain" or sail away on the helicopter pad events. Carnival has a good value product.  Not a luxurious product at all.  If you were disappointed with the suite experience on Princess, then Carnival may not be what you are looking for. Celebrity has nice suite amenities and Royal Caribbean "Star Class" is wonderful.  Star Class is only offered on Oasis and Quantum class ships.  Of course those ships don't sail out of Galveston.  Good luck and happy cruising.    

3 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

The Carnival Vista doesn't have many levels of suites.  You sound like the upper suite which is a Grand Suite is what you would be interested in.  They are 345 sq ft with an 85 sq ft balcony.  They are mid ship on deck 7.  They have a tub/shower combination.  Carnival doesn't offer suite amenities like other cruise lines do.  There is no mini bar set up, free drinks,  or afternoon snack deliveries.  No special dining room or "meet the Captain" or sail away on the helicopter pad events. Carnival has a good value product.  Not a luxurious product at all.  If you were disappointed with the suite experience on Princess, then Carnival may not be what you are looking for. Celebrity has nice suite amenities and Royal Caribbean "Star Class" is wonderful.  Star Class is only offered on Oasis and Quantum class ships.  Of course those ships don't sail out of Galveston.  Good luck and happy cruising.    

Thank you Roper DK very helpful. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Good summary!

Bigmike911 - sounds s though you could be a prime candidate for Regent Seven Seas Cruises - more amenities than you can imagine, and being accustomed to butler service just select a Penthouse grade or above.

www.rssc.com

www.rssc.com/experience/all-included

Hi! If you are used to the highest service on Cunard, you will not find anything even remotely similar on the Vista, or any Carnival ship. If, however, you'd be willing to "take a walk on the wild side" you might find yourself having more fun than you can remember, other than possibly when you were a child. You won't be treated like a king, but you will be welcomed into any activity that looks fun, from silly pool contests, to hilarious comedy shows, enjoying the best burgers at sea [even if, like me, you never eat burgers] traversing a ropes course and "riding a bike in the sky!" 

You will find incredible non-pretentious people who are not concrened with status or size of your net worth. Just be nice, have fun, and I am sure you will have an unbelievably wonderful time!

• Like 2

On 7/20/2019 at 2:49 PM, Bigmike911 said:

My dream is to cruise in a Queen's Grill room one day... I work for government so that's a long ways off. 

They aren't going to be anything close to what is on Cunard.  Grand suites are the largest suites on Carnival, and they range in size, but expect about the size of 3 "regular" state rooms. 

mid-ship.  the vista does have harbour suites and the Havana, Harbour would be more geared to families I believe, and the Havana ones are cool looking and get you some early access to a pool. 

How big are they?

Whirlpool tubs with a shower.  

Not to sound mean, but at the price point of Cunard, they better be giving you the spirit of your choosing.  It doesn't work quite that way on Carnival (nor Princess).

I do believe you can order these (I'm not 100% sure, I do know in suites on RCCL, HAL, and NCL I have been able to obtain them, but I was traveling with family, when I cruise Carnival--always in a suite--I am with my kiddo and sister/s and their kids and that's not something I'd enjoy just us.  

No.  Although, I didn't think the suite experience on Princess was all that impressive (nothing like the Haven on NCL or the Pinnacle (and to some degree Neptune) suites on HAL.  

I really don't think Carnival is something you would really enjoy.  You sound very much like my family, which is totally fine and there is nothing wrong with any of them, but if you're used to that high level of luxury, it may not be the experience you are used to/wanting/find enjoyment in.  I find Princess to be entirely equal to Carnival in every way, although I think the service in Carnival's dining room to be better.

One of the reasons that Carnival's suites are so affordable compared to other lines is because they don't offer a whole lot (think like how Royal offers nothing but double points for Junior Suites, but you don't even get the good suite amenities until you're in the top tier).  I do enjoy Carnival's overall product, but they are severely lacking in the area of suite amenities, outside of VIP embarkation, you don't get priority dining assignments or reservations to the specialty dining.  There is no private deck area.  I have always found the level of service to be phenomenal (and better on Carnival than Princess, and massively better than on Royal), and never felt like i wasn't treated well, but a place to at least be certain to get a deck chair on the pool deck would be so much nicer than having to fight it out.