LIVE (perhaps) Harmony July 21-28!!!!

Hello everyone. I’ll attempt to do a live report for my cruise this week. Destinations are:

Day 2 Coco Cay

Day 4 St Thomas

Day 5 St Martin

I say “perhaps” as I might get too busy having fun to keep up :)

• Like 3

Following along. We have the same itinerary in Oct. I I know you will have a blast and I look forward to all your observations.

Edited by Swank Pad G

Boarding:

Got too excited and left out Titusville hotel at 9:15a. Arrive at Enterprise to return car at 10:35. First shuttle bus to transfer to pier at 10:02. Foot on ship at 10:14. How’s that for fast!!!  10:45 specialty dining reserved and sitting in Central Park. 

First roast beef at Central Park Cafe. 

E1A63F0F-CC33-4D1D-ACC7-ED7DB61C7EE0.jpeg

• Like 4

Soda cup is old style in room. 50th anniversary design though so...great. New style also available at kiosk around the ship to purchase or swap.

Coney Island hot dog while viewing Coney Island. 

9AC7D27A-CFAF-4759-8128-149746624D84.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dude_hdt said:

Boarding:

Got too excited and left out Titusville hotel at 9:15a. Arrive at Enterprise to return car at 10:35. First shuttle bus to transfer to pier at 10:02. Foot on ship at 10:14. How’s that for fast!!!  10:45 specialty dining reserved and sitting in Central Park. 

First roast beef at Central Park Cafe. 

E1A63F0F-CC33-4D1D-ACC7-ED7DB61C7EE0.jpeg

I stood next to the captain once on Oasis picking up our roast beefs. 

He heard me order double meat and he changed his order. Hope he liked it as much as I do. 

• Like 3

Following!  We just got off Harmony this morning, saw all the lines of people waiting to get in the terminal.  Hope you have a great cruise and have a ton of fun!  It's an amazing ship and we had an absolute blast. 😀

• Like 1

Ha. I’ll have to do double meat next time:)

The apps wasn’t fully functional until you hook onto onboard WiFi. It then jumps to screen where you login with internet package or in lower portion there is a button to download or update apps. That takes you to screen where it asks for your name and room number. Afterwards, our specialty reservations made onboard shows up.  We got the BOGO 2 nights and Central Park balcony got us lunch at Jamie’s.

Dinner 1 at Chops

Dinner 2 at Wonderland

Lunch 6 at Jamie’s

22 minutes ago, dude_hdt said:

Dinner 1 at Chops

Dinner 2 at Wonderland

Lunch 6 at Jamie’s

Did you have to do nights 1 & 2 for the BOGO or did they let you pick other nights?

We had to do nights 1 and 2. I think it came out to $25/meal/person or something like that.  Mainly wanted Wonderland as I make a decently mean steak with my ceramic grill at home but wanted the bacon at Chops. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dude_hdt said:

Hello everyone. I’ll attempt to do a live report for my cruise this week. Destinations are:

Day 2 Coco Cay

Day 4 St Thomas

Day 5 St Martin

I say “perhaps” as I might get too busy having fun to keep up 🙂

Is Brandon joining you?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, dude_hdt said:

Day 2 Coco Cay

Day 4 St Thomas

Day 5 St Martin

I say “perhaps” as I might get too busy having fun to keep up 🙂

Happy cruising! On this same ship/itinerary in 2 weeks. Following closely...

Pictures from our deck 12 Central Park balcony room.  The note in the room say our room includes free lunch for 2 at Jamie's or Sabor or Johnny Rockets.  Didn't know we had a choice when we booked.

Dinner was at Chops last night. While they only recommend 1 soup/salad/app and 1 entree, & no limit on sides, you can order as many as you like.  Our family of 4 (2 teen boys) ordered 8 app and 6 sides.  Entrees were 16 oz rib eye, 9 oz filet, fish (can't remember name), and lamb.  3 orders of bacon for app.  The bacon was mainly why I chose Chops. It was good. Probably 80% fat.  Didn't live up to my expectation of one I had in Washington DC a few years ago where it was more like 99% fat and melted in your mouth...no knife needed at all.

After dinner, we had time to do the open walk in for Grease.  Full theater with VIP seating on deck 5.  Several 2 seaters around.  The cast we very talented singers and dancers. However, as others have reviewed, the stage presentation seemed to focus very much on sexual innuendos and motions compared to the Travolta movie version.  Be aware if you have kids you don't think is ready for such topics.

20190721_120707.jpg

20190721_120701.jpg

20190721_120610.jpg

20190721_120639.jpg

Coco Cay...not too perfect day.  Windy, captain 20 knots today...was 35 earlier in morning and mostly cloudy with a few "liquid sunshine".  We were off early to snag beach chairs and umbrella, people were very slow getting off as we found Chill Island cove closest to Chill Grill very empty.  Saw sting ray about 2 feet from water edge and a couple of friendly sharks, 3 to 4 feet long.  Norwegian's island next door but no one there.

Unfortunately, I'm recovering from ear problem last week so best not to get head wet, else plenty of little fishes to entertain casual snorklers.

15638030495672825406123524069510.jpg

1563803231937377337950030845511.jpg

1 hour ago, dude_hdt said:

However, as others have reviewed, the stage presentation seemed to focus very much on sexual innuendos and motions compared to the Travolta movie version.  Be aware if you have kids you don't think is ready for such topics.

You might want to watch the movie version again. The lyrics are the same.  What's really shocking, is watching the sing along version on Freedom back in the day. The lyrics to Greased Lighting are hillarious.  Never realized that when watching the movie. 

I wont quote them out of respect, but they are way over the top😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dude_hdt said:

and a couple of friendly sharks, 3 to 4 feet long. 

I don't know enough about sharks but how do you tell if a shark is friendly or not? If I  saw one I'd probably freak out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

You might want to watch the movie version again. The lyrics are the same.  What's really shocking, is watching the sing along version on Freedom back in the day. The lyrics to Greased Lighting are hillarious.  Never realized that when watching the movie. 

I wont quote them out of respect, but they are way over the top😉

Yeah, the lyrics to Greased Lightning are def. not pg.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Swank Pad G said:

I don't know enough about sharks but how do you tell if a shark is friendly or not? If I  saw one I'd probably freak out.

Lemon sharks are an example of docile sharks that are not human-aggressive.   For the most part they are passive and couldn’t care less about you.   No need to fear them.  🦈 

• Like 1