Visa redeemed points

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:39 AM, Host Clarea said:

You Cruise Planner should list any Royal OBC on your account.

Sorry to hijack this thread but this is our first time sailing on RCL.  We should have OBC that was a perk from RCL when we booked the cruise. Would it be possible for someone to please post a picture of a Cruise Planner to show me where that would be.  Very possible that I'm not looking in the right place.  Thanks.

I just want to confirm when you emailed Crown & Anchor this was for OBC you are getting from your BOA credit card points?  I thought their was a special department which handled these transactions, which I have called twice and am still told they will only post about 2 weeks before cruise.

9 minutes ago, mizcruz said:

Sorry to hijack this thread but this is our first time sailing on RCL.  We should have OBC that was a perk from RCL when we booked the cruise. Would it be possible for someone to please post a picture of a Cruise Planner to show me where that would be.  Very possible that I'm not looking in the right place.  Thanks.

Have a look towards the end of this tread

dp

1 hour ago, micruiser2002 said:

I just want to confirm when you emailed Crown & Anchor this was for OBC you are getting from your BOA credit card points?  I thought their was a special department which handled these transactions, which I have called twice and am still told they will only post about 2 weeks before cruise.

I sent an email to Crown & Anchor and they said I would have to wait and that I should call the redemption # that I have called three times.  Oh well 😔.  I just don’t understand why some people had no problem getting their points applied and others can’t.  I’m sorry but RCCL is inconsistent again in another department. Not surprised. At least Crown & Anchor replied quickly.  I still haven’t heard from a RCCL representative 

6 hours ago, orville99 said:

we've always redeemed points directly through the BOA website, and it rarely takes more than a few days for them to show up in our cruise planner. https://www.managerewardsonline.bankofamerica.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Same here. I've never called or e-mail anyone , just followed the links, make the selection and a withing a two or three days, the OBC is available in the Cruise Planner to use.

We've always redeemed our credits through the BOA website and they show up a couple of days later. Always months before we sail.

Maybe the addition of talking to a human adds a layer of complexity to the process that prevents these credits from appearing sooner.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Medvedik said:

We've always redeemed our credits through the BOA website and they show up a couple of days later. Always months before we sail.

Maybe the addition of talking to a human adds a layer of complexity to the process that prevents these credits from appearing sooner.

I redeemed mine online.. and got the confirmation email.. but still had to call to make sure they were put on my cruise planner.

32 minutes ago, Medvedik said:

We've always had to wait until 3-4 weeks prior to the sailing date to have the OBC posted.

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

I redeemed mine online.. and got the confirmation email.. but still had to call to make sure they were put on my cruise planner.

My points show up as being redeemed according to anyone I have talked to.  They won’t put them on my cruise planner so I can use them.  How long ago did everyone have no problem spending their points after redeeming them. Was this recently?

2 minutes ago, doones2 said:

My points show up as being redeemed according to anyone I have talked to.  They won’t put them on my cruise planner so I can use them.  How long ago did everyone have no problem spending their points after redeeming them. Was this recently?

This past February.

37 minutes ago, doones2 said:

In February 

40 minutes ago, doones2 said:

Most recent cruise for us was January. We redeemed points in November and purchased excursions during the Black Friday sale with it

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 hours ago, doones2 said:

In May for us

20 hours ago, doones2 said:

Two weeks ago for us

20 hours ago, doones2 said:

Redeemed points & spent them late Aug/early Sept 2018 for a Nov 2018 cruise.

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Redeemed points & spent them late Aug/early Sept 2018 for a Nov 2018 cruise.

Thank you for giving me an actual timeline.  I’m thinking I asked way too soon to have them applied.  Yours was a month out and that makes more sense.  I’ll wait even though it’s driving me crazy 

39 minutes ago, doones2 said:

Thank you for giving me an actual timeline.  I’m thinking I asked way too soon to have them applied.  Yours was a month out and that makes more sense.  I’ll wait even though it’s driving me crazy 

2 months out actually. The cruise was first week in Nov but I had already booked my shore excursions with the redeemed points by the first week in Sept. during a "sale".

I remember at the time there was a similar discussion here CC with others  unable to redeem their VISA points until 2 weeks before the cruise. I was thinking how lucky I got getting mine almost 8 weeks before.

Usually I like to wait as long as possible to redeem as many points as possible but it was a good sale.

Has anyone ever been able to combine points into one bucket?

Laura has 51,000 and I have 179,000 more or less.  

I want to book (1) 7day and (2) 4day. 

That would leave me with 4,000 an Laura with 1,000. I'd like to have one block of 5,000

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Has anyone ever been able to combine points into one bucket?

Laura has 51,000 and I have 179,000 more or less.  

I want to book (1) 7day and (2) 4day. 

That would leave me with 4,000 an Laura with 1,000. I'd like to have one block of 5,000

Don’t believe they allow that. We’ve tried in the past with no success.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, doones2 said:

My cruise is in Feb 2020.. and I redeemed my credit card points back in Nov 2018.. and called in Feb of this year asking them to be applied to the cruise planner.. and they did within an hour.

I see the issue...………. it's Royal CYA... which I do understand...

Say you have $400 in Royal Credit Card OBC that will use all of your available credits on your card, your cruise is say a month out...you apply the credit to your sailing, you buy an excursion, a dinner, what have you with it online right after you have it applied.... then you return an item you bought & get a credit to your Credit Card... hence loosing some of those OBC's.... so now you don't have those points to give back, because they have been "spent"... the CC company probably takes issue with that.... and Royal may get a notice that you now don't have enough credits to use on your sailing...but they are spent...what happens? I have no clue.... but I see this is why you can't use them until right before your cruise. 

I have been using these OBC for years & had no idea that you could even use them pre-cruise.... I go ahead & purchase whatever I want that is on sale online..... I apply the OBC's to my sailing usually 1 week prior to sailing...then at the end of the cruise, I cash them out, get the cash, deposit it in my bank account when I get home & then pay the credit card that I used to buy the online pre-cruise items.... no biggy. 

14 hours ago, SRV FAN said:

Say you have $400 in Royal Credit Card OBC that will use all of your available credits on your card, your cruise is say a month out...you apply the credit to your sailing, you buy an excursion, a dinner, what have you with it online right after you have it applied.... then you return an item you bought & get a credit to your Credit Card... hence loosing some of those OBC's.... so now you don't have those points to give back, because they have been "spent"... the CC company probably takes issue with that.... and Royal may get a notice that you now don't have enough credits to use on your sailing...but they are spent...what happens? I have no clue.... but I see this is why you can't use them until right before your cruise.

Good question. Is it possible the bonus points on your CC goes into a negative balance? Will VISA charge you for the points and add it to the Balance Due?

14 hours ago, SRV FAN said:

I have been using these OBC for years & had no idea that you could even use them pre-cruise.... I go ahead & purchase whatever I want that is on sale online..... I apply the OBC's to my sailing usually 1 week prior to sailing...then at the end of the cruise, I cash them out, get the cash, deposit it in my bank account when I get home & then pay the credit card that I used to buy the online pre-cruise items.... no biggy

Thanks to Bob, I just recently learned that I can get cash for unused VISA OBC at the end of the cruise.  It seems to be a well kept secret.  In the end, it all works out the same.