reasonable & nice hotel near Houston

StormySeas

DH and I are cruising LOS out of Galveston on November 3rd. we are not staying in Galveston due to a bike rally that weekend. we are driving from Little Rock, Arkansas the day before and staying overnight. we will have our car so we can drive to the parking/port in the morning when we are ready. we were planning to stay near Houston but a suburb would be fine too. we just want a nice place with someplace to eat breakfast and possibly dinner the evening we get in (saturday Nov. 2) that is nearby. I am letting you know the direction we are coming from so the hotel can be along the route or close by so we don't waste lots of time driving around lost! 🤪 (we do have a GPS so not too bad) price range would be about $75.00 to $150 so we are a bit flexible.  TIA for any help you can give.

You’ll be coming down US 59 so check out the Fairfield Inn in Humble.  20525 US 59.  A quick check shows $86 and 4.5 stars.  Lots of good places to eat right near there along 59.   Several other hotels along that stretch too.  Just over an hour drive from that area to the port.  Should be an easy drive on a Sunday.  

• Like 1

It doesn't look like the comfort suites has a hot rate for your night. The regular price is $124. You can get the Hilton for $96, La Quinta for $90, Sonesta Suites for 81, or the quality inn for $78 in that area. 

An option to locate you near the terminal would to come on into Galveston , and stay at one of the 7 non full service motel/hotels , now on Galveston Island coming in on I45 between Causeway and 61st . These are not on Seawall with Gulf or in Old Town Strand . But some  of these are new and have nice views of waters around island.  This allows you be on Island with quick easy access to all the tourist destinations day before cruise . And you would still be only minutes from terminal in morning of cruise . 

Edited by ssb

On 7/25/2019 at 12:55 PM, ssb said:

An option to locate you near the terminal would to come on into Galveston , and stay at one of the 7 non full service motel/hotels , now on Galveston Island coming in on I45 between Causeway and 61st . These are not on Seawall with Gulf or in Old Town Strand . But some  of these are new and have nice views of waters around island.  This allows you be on Island with quick easy access to all the tourist destinations day before cruise . And you would still be only minutes from terminal in morning of cruise . 

The OP said they are NOT staying on the island due to the bike weekend. 

I drive this route quite often. (I just did it this week only the opposite direction. Went from Houston to LR then over to Memphis and ultimately up to Detroit).   Given your schedule you have quite a few options.  Nacogdoches, Lufkin are both easy drives in the morning (2 1/2-3 hrs) with hotels and places to eat. Then it thins out pretty quick till you get near the airport and the Humble area (then its pretty much city all the way to the island).  There will be pretty much every hotel chain know to man near the airport and whatever you want to eat can probably be found close by as well. 

14 hours ago, TruckerDave said:

The OP said they are NOT staying on the island due to the bike weekend. 

Yes that is true . 

But there are also other readers of this thread . 

These cruisers may not be aware ,

that new options are available on island

competing with the hotels

on mainland shortstopping travelers. 

Also these 7 will more than likely have one night stay availability. . 

Edited by ssb

If you are staying in Houston you can get 4.5 star Omni Galleria for about $87 on a "Hot wire" Secret Deal  rate if you do just a little research. Those rates were for the August 16-17 I was checking but they've been discounting pretty heavily. Newly remodeled.

Lots of options with a vehicle . 

Only limited by time . 

Your Decision is ,

do you want to be in a city shopping mall (which is fine), 

or on an island and beach town ? 

Edited by ssb