Queen Elizabeth Questions

Nicole&Pete

We are experienced cruisers but new to Cunard and so have a few questions:

1. We are looking to go on the queen Elizabeth and wondered if there were any other locations you can get complimentary drinks (water, juice, tea and coffee) other than the Lido Restaurant?

2. Also has anyone stayed in 6054, we noticed there is a door opposite does anyone know what it is for? also which way round the bed is?

hi Nicole and Pete my hull plans for the deck layout of your stateroom are enclosed. The  area opposite is space for the  air-conditioning plant and also to its aft side is the broadcasting station. I know that area quite well, its close to the laundrette which is handy and if you are worried about noise it should actually be less because you dont have inside staterooms opposite you so. I have never heard the air-conditioning plant from the companion way let alone any of the staterooms opposite. in fact I didn't know thats what it was till I looked at the plans.

layout of the stateroom shows the bed on the aft side, (the side the stern is on....so your  feet are facing the bow)

have a great trip!

deck 6054.JPG

• Thanks 1

Just now, roscoe39 said:

hi Nicole and Pete my hull plans for the deck layout of your stateroom are enclosed. The  area opposite is space for the  air-conditioning plant and also to its aft side is the broadcasting station. I know that area quite well, its close to the laundrette which is handy and if you are worried about noise it should actually be less because you dont have inside staterooms opposite you so. I have never heard the air-conditioning plant from the companion way let alone any of the staterooms opposite. in fact I didn't know thats what it was till I looked at the plans.

layout of the stateroom shows the bed on the aft side, (the side the stern is on....so your  feet are facing the bow)

have a great trip!

deck 6054.JPG

Thank you that is so helpful. I am guessing there won’t be a lot of traffic through that door opposite as it’s the air con station?

We are also looking at some cabins on deck 5 and I don’t know if you know the answer to this but from pictures it looks like the deck 6 balconies overhang the deck 5 balconies  in the mid section where the lifeboats are, is this correct?

20 minutes ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Thank you that is so helpful. I am guessing there won’t be a lot of traffic through that door opposite as it’s the air con station?

We are also looking at some cabins on deck 5 and I don’t know if you know the answer to this but from pictures it looks like the deck 6 balconies overhang the deck 5 balconies  in the mid section where the lifeboats are, is this correct?

No the profile is flat, deck 6 doesn't over hang  maybe you are confused on the public deck plans because the  deck 5 balconies are smaller, this takes into account the design on the lifeboat rooves below. Last time I was in a deck 5, I found the width quite restrictive compared to 4 which I am more used to.

Deck 4  forward and aft are larger and my favourite. they are bigger by about a foot. i prefer aft, too far forward and you have steel balconies rather than the glass balconies.

Also depending on where on deck 5, you have the roof of the lifeboat below you, I prefer to look straight down and see the sea hit the hull, and also to watch the pilots come and go, so i would aim for 4 aft if its was me, depending on the  itinerary would depend on which side. That deck 6 balcony is good although I would go further forward to get beyond the inset of the ships profile

No there will be little traffic through the air-conditioning station, unless something happens of course!

Edited by roscoe39

actually just noticed one thing about #6054. You have a toilet from the adjoining cabin behind your wardrobe space, which means you may hear some flushing which would normally be hidden by the normal design of the bathrooms abutting each other.  That may be a consideration, not that I would expect much noise, but if you wanted to really nitpick there's one......lol...

thanks very much for your help, that is a good point about the toilet positioning. the other cabin we are considering is 5063 which now I look does have a smaller balcony I think. I think the ones in the forward and aft on that deck are standard size balconies but this one looks smaller to me.

19 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

thanks very much for your help, that is a good point about the toilet positioning. the other cabin we are considering is 5063 which now I look does have a smaller balcony I think. I think the ones in the forward and aft on that deck are standard size balconies but this one looks smaller to me.

happy to help...anytime

28 minutes ago, erniebernie said:

Thanks Roscoe  just thought I would ask.

lol....no problem, they were a gift when the ship was launched along with the QV ones and are very treasured possessions. They aren't  available to the public but I'm always happy to share the general information on them, I wouldn't share the sensitive plans but anytime someone asks about the staterooms and their position I'm happy to share. 

• Like 1

WOW What an amazing gift. I have nothing particular I needed to know however we are in 4113 QE next year,anything interesting near bye?. I love finding all the little nooks and crannies even if I dont know where they lead. Thanks again. Allison

On 7/22/2019 at 5:56 AM, Nicole&Pete said:

We were in IMG_2021.jpg.22cece0cbfc2cb14c31137da793c040b.jpgIMG_1761.jpg.2f64d57cedb1927ad10abbd56645d788.jpg5067 (directly across from the laundry room) and found it very pleasant. I think I managed to attach some photos that show you what the view was like from the balcony. (One was deliberately shot to include the lifeboats). The sofa was right beside the doors, so we could sit there and look out if it was cold. We'd planned to go on deck for the Hubbard Glacier day, but the view was so good form the balcony, we just stayed in our room. I put on the tv to either the forward deck or deck five station and we were able to hear the naturalist's comments that way. We even made a cup of tea because there are coffee and tea making supplies in the cabins.

They also had refreshments out on the decks during the scenic viewing and I was able to get a glass of water in the Queen's room when I wanted it. There was a cooler there and I think I saw some on the deck when we did our walk arounds. I suspect you will enjoy your cruise and you won't have to worry about running back to the lido for something to drink. I preferred the coffee and tea in the Lido to the coffee in the MDR. And the tea in the Queen's room is really good.

My first sentence seems to be jumbled in with the pictures so I'll repeat that we were in room 5067 and it was very quiet. I found being across from the laundry room a bonus because I could shift the laundry over, set the alarm on my phone,  and then go watch the dolphins from my balcony.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, erniebernie said:

WOW What an amazing gift. I have nothing particular I needed to know however we are in 4113 QE next year,anything interesting near bye?. I love finding all the little nooks and crannies even if I dont know where they lead. Thanks again. Allison

Hi Allison, I havenot  been in 41143 but the deck plans show there is a gap between the lifeboats so theoretically its reasonably clear straight ahead.....good luck! there doesn't seem to be anything around it that would alert me to any problems, and she is a great ship....just not as good as the Queen Victoria...hahah

QE4113.JPG

21 hours ago, kmerlin14 said:

We were in IMG_2021.jpg.22cece0cbfc2cb14c31137da793c040b.jpgIMG_1761.jpg.2f64d57cedb1927ad10abbd56645d788.jpg5067 (directly across from the laundry room) and found it very pleasant. I think I managed to attach some photos that show you what the view was like from the balcony. (One was deliberately shot to include the lifeboats). The sofa was right beside the doors, so we could sit there and look out if it was cold. We'd planned to go on deck for the Hubbard Glacier day, but the view was so good form the balcony, we just stayed in our room. I put on the tv to either the forward deck or deck five station and we were able to hear the naturalist's comments that way. We even made a cup of tea because there are coffee and tea making supplies in the cabins.

They also had refreshments out on the decks during the scenic viewing and I was able to get a glass of water in the Queen's room when I wanted it. There was a cooler there and I think I saw some on the deck when we did our walk arounds. I suspect you will enjoy your cruise and you won't have to worry about running back to the lido for something to drink. I preferred the coffee and tea in the Lido to the coffee in the MDR. And the tea in the Queen's room is really good.

My first sentence seems to be jumbled in with the pictures so I'll repeat that we were in room 5067 and it was very quiet. I found being across from the laundry room a bonus because I could shift the laundry over, set the alarm on my phone,  and then go watch the dolphins from my balcony.

Thanks very much for your information. I was worried about the laundry room but pleased you tell me that it’s quiet.

On 7/23/2019 at 6:51 AM, roscoe39 said:

happy to help...anytime

Thanks again for your help. Another cabin has come up today on the cruise on starboard side which I tend to prefer (but not sure why). It is 6149. Would you happen to know on this one which way the bed would be? Also do you think starboard or port is better or do you not have a preference?

11 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Thanks again for your help. Another cabin has come up today on the cruise on starboard side which I tend to prefer (but not sure why). It is 6149. Would you happen to know on this one which way the bed would be? Also do you think starboard or port is better or do you not have a preference?

6149 enclosed, the bed is on the forward wall, so your feet are facing the stern. Can you see if 6151 is available? its large and has a good layout, I know these staterooms and they are great for entertaining. it depends on what Itin you are doing as to what side of the ship works best, where were you going again?

qe6149.JPG

10 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

6149 enclosed, the bed is on the forward wall, so your feet are facing the stern. Can you see if 6151 is available? its large and has a good layout, I know these staterooms and they are great for entertaining. it depends on what Itin you are doing as to what side of the ship works best, where were you going again?

qe6149.JPG

Thank you that is really helpful!