NCL CRUISE...Starbucks & Water!

Cruising on NCL Getaway in December.    Two questions...First, we have the premium beverage package included.   Does this include top shelf liquor, and does it include bottled water (at bars, restaurants and in cabin).    Second, there is a Starbucks on the ship.   Im assuming the answer is NO...but is that included complimentary (with or without the beverage package) or is there an up charge).    I’m assuming there’s an up charge, but doesn’t hurt to ask!  

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  Your question is cruise line specific, and is best asked on the forum here for NCL, located back on the main boards page under Cruise Lines A-O.  As a new member, take some time and scroll down the main boards page, checking out some of the other forums that may help you plan your cruise, such as the roll calls, and ports of call.  EM

Here is the link to the NCL board:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/64-norwegian-cruise-line/

Edited by Essiesmom

2 hours ago, flyersfan1173 said:

Cruising on NCL Getaway in December.    Two questions...First, we have the premium beverage package included.   Does this include top shelf liquor, and does it include bottled water (at bars, restaurants and in cabin).    Second, there is a Starbucks on the ship.   Im assuming the answer is NO...but is that included complimentary (with or without the beverage package) or is there an up charge).    I’m assuming there’s an up charge, but doesn’t hurt to ask!  

The package does not include top shelf liquor, nor does it include bottled water, and there is not a Starbucks on the ship, even with a beverage package that would be  an upcharge.

12 minutes ago, zqvol said:

The package does not include top shelf liquor, nor does it include bottled water, and there is not a Starbucks on the ship, even with a beverage package that would be  an upcharge.

Thanks!   Starbucks is now on the Getaway....

https://www.ncl.com/travel-blog/norwegian-getaway-dry-dock-photos-details-enhancements

On 7/21/2019 at 8:05 PM, zqvol said:

Thanks, they must have added it at the last dry dock in the spring. Nothing from Starbucks is included in the beverage package.

From what I've seen/read is that if you upgrade to the Premium Plus Beverage Package, rumor has it that Starbucks is included, along with bottled flat and sparkling water....

Oh, and OP.....LET'S GO RANGERS!    🙂

On 7/21/2019 at 6:05 PM, zqvol said:

Thanks, they must have added it at the last dry dock in the spring. Nothing from Starbucks is included in the beverage package.

Looked like it.  We were on the Getaway in May just after the refurbishment and it was there.

On 7/21/2019 at 5:46 PM, Essiesmom said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  Your question is cruise line specific, and is best asked on the forum here for NCL, located back on the main boards page under Cruise Lines A-O.  As a new member, take some time and scroll down the main boards page, checking out some of the other forums that may help you plan your cruise, such as the roll calls, and ports of call.  EM

Here is the link to the NCL board:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/64-norwegian-cruise-line/

Am I missing something? Isn't that where this is posted??

On 7/21/2019 at 5:29 PM, flyersfan1173 said:

Top shelf is not included, but the liquors that are included are fine in most mixed drinks.  Now if you want your whiskey neat, you might have to just pay the different plus gratuity for some of the better brands.  My husband and I enjoy Couvoisier VSOP sp?) but not included in package so we go with the Hennesey VS instead, which is included.  There are many options and you can always upgrade as other have said.  Just figure out if you will use that much in upgrades, water and coffee and it should be an easy choice to upgrade or not.  We do not do Starbucks at home so the only thing we like is the bottled water which is not included, but we might get a water package instead.  You can do that as well.

Edited by sykimball1498
spelling issue

9 minutes ago, sykimball1498 said:

Top shelf is not included, but the liquors that are included are fine in most mixed drinks.  Now if you want your whiskey neat, you might have to just pay the different plus gratuity for some of the better brands.  My husband and I enjoy Couvoisier VSOP sp?) but not included in package so we go with the Hennesey VS instead, which is included.  There are many options and you can always upgrade as other have said.  Just figure out if you will use that much in upgrades, water and coffee and it should be an easy choice to upgrade or not.  We do not do Starbucks at home so the only thing we like is the bottled water which is not included, but we might get a water package instead.  You can do that as well.

9 minutes ago, sykimball1498 said:

Just now, flyersfan1173 said:

What is a typical Vodka they would used in the premium package without the upgrade?   I don't need Grey Goose or Kettle One, but at least would like a Svedka or Absolute.    Not the $10 per bottle stuff that gives you a headache!   : )

Just now, flyersfan1173 said:

What is a typical Vodka they would used in the premium package without the upgrade?   I don't need Grey Goose or Kettle One, but at least would like a Svedka or Absolute.    Not the $10 per bottle stuff that gives you a headache!   : )

They use Absolut, Stoli type, maybe Tito's I think.  So you should be fine.  Grey Goose is included by the way

• Like 1

Just now, sykimball1498 said:

They use Absolut, Stoli type, maybe Tito's I think.  So you should be fine.  Grey Goose is included by the way

Awesome, Thanks!!   Wish bottled water was!   But not worth over $600 for the 9 nights to upgrade!   Will just buy the water!   And we are thinking of bringing our own Nespresso machine for coffee/espresso!   

46 minutes ago, flyersfan1173 said:

Awesome, Thanks!!   Wish bottled water was!   But not worth over $600 for the 9 nights to upgrade!   Will just buy the water!   And we are thinking of bringing our own Nespresso machine for coffee/espresso!   

We cruise both NCL and Celebrity, the NCL alcohol is better with drinks included to $15.00 but Celebrity includes coffees and bottled water but only drinks up to $9.00 on the classic package (the one they give away...lol).  You can upgrade to drinks up to $13 though, but we never do.  NCL has a better drink selction through their UBP for this reason, although many do complain about it. I like it just fine.  We have never paid an upcharge.  Coffee in MDR's are included and you can get a Bailey's or Amaretto to add to your MDR coffee at no charge

59 minutes ago, flyersfan1173 said:

I think that’s a no no.

1 hour ago, flyersfan1173 said:

So you are not allowed to bring your own small coffee machine?

I'm pretty sure you can't bring your own coffee machine...even the small ones.  I could be wrong.  Regarding water, I suggest bringing your own water bottle as there are plenty of water dispensers set up all over the ship...pool deck, buffet, bars.  Just remember to fill a glass and then pour it into your water bottle.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StolidCruiser said:

No, you can’t.

You also can’t bring a rice cooker, iron, microwave or canibis seedlings.

Are you sure?   Im from Mass and weed is legal, so Im pretty sure I can bring it on board!   And I already checked with NCL..they said microwaves and even a small washer and dryer are ok!!   🙄 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, flyersfan1173 said:

Are you sure?   Im from Mass and weed is legal, so Im pretty sure I can bring it on board!   And I already checked with NCL..they said microwaves and even a small washer and dryer are ok!!   🙄 

LOL 😆 

• Like 1