Which cabin should I get?

We are doing a summer Mediterranean/Greek Isles cruise for our 15 year anniversary.  I keep going back and forth between doing a balcony room or a suite.  If we splurge and do the suite, I am still stuck on which to do.  I would love to have a room with a nice tub and a relaxing experience is the most important thing.  Some of the rooms coming up are the aqua theater suites, owner's suite, and crown loft.  Any of these preferable to another?  The aqua theater sounds awesome as far as the balcony views and the crown loft seems neat for the two floors but other than that, I don't see why one would be preferable to another in our case.  Any help or advice would be great!

Med cruises tend to be port intensive with minimal sea days.  As well, and dependent on the itinerary, the port hours are pretty long.  You will also probably be doing a lot of excursions that may go on for 6-8 hours.  Once you have had dinner and maybe a show you will be ready for bed.  Not a lot of time to enjoy a suite.  I would book a balcony and spend the difference on great excursions.

• Like 7

We just came back recently from a 12 night Med/Greece on Vision. We had a true aft JS # 8590...and loved our view...Yes we used the balcony even though it was a port intensive 7 port stop itinerary. Enjoy what ever category works out best for you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tim,n,Sue said:

Med cruises tend to be port intensive with minimal sea days.  As well, and dependent on the itinerary, the port hours are pretty long.  You will also probably be doing a lot of excursions that may go on for 6-8 hours.  Once you have had dinner and maybe a show you will be ready for bed.  Not a lot of time to enjoy a suite.  I would book a balcony and spend the difference on great excursions.

That's why I booked an Interior GTY on the first Med portion and an OV for the Trans Atlantic portion for our group of 3.Saved $800 to do it and applied savings to tours. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, zeppgirl said:

Yes one was Allure and one was Rhapsody that I was looking at.  Different itineraries, most starting from Rome and going through some Greek cities.  Can't decide which. 

If you want to enjoy the Med and Greek Isles, I'd suggest Rhapsody.  

If you mainly want to have fun on ship, the Allure

• Like 2

I am one, that even in the Med, I will make use of my balcony. I absolutely love sitting on the balcony looking out to sea and just enjoying the serenity of it all. Some ports I will spend all day, and others will be quick shopping trips. It's definitely a personal decision based upon your likes. I've done an 2 BR AQ and a CL and love them both for different reasons. You cannot go wrong with either. The CL will be quieter as it's at the top of the ship along with the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. The Windjammer is one floor below. The AQ is at the back of the ship and there will be activity on the Boardwalk during the day (a little at night depending if there is a show or not). It's also enjoyable because you get to people watch on one side of your balcony and on the other side, you get to watch the ocean. I know, this probably does not help you make a decision at all! ☺️

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Unfortunately, that's a challenge.

Can you share the two itineraries 

Sure, 7 night cruise Barcelona allure of the seas and another is 7 night Greek Isles Rhapsody of seas.  We're flexible as to where we go, but would love Italy and/or Greece.  I do like to spend time in my room and balcony.  Would love a non-dated ship, but the entertainment isn't so important.

13 minutes ago, zeppgirl said:

Sure, 7 night cruise Barcelona allure of the seas and another is 7 night Greek Isles Rhapsody of seas.  We're flexible as to where we go, but would love Italy and/or Greece.  I do like to spend time in my room and balcony.  Would love a non-dated ship, but the entertainment isn't so important.

Gotcha, but was curious where you were going. 

Rhapsody can go places Allure can't.  And I've never done Naples on a ship bigger than Brilliance,  I'd just think that 6000 fellow passengers would diminish the experience.  

And FWIW, Greek Isles has to include Santorini 😁

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Gotcha, but was curious where you were going. 

Rhapsody can go places Allure can't.  And I've never done Naples on a ship bigger than Brilliance,  I'd just think that 6000 fellow passengers would diminish the experience.  

And FWIW, Greek Isles has to include Santorini 😁

Well would love Santorini and Mykonos...I found a cruise that says "Greek Isles" but no santorini on that one:(  Does Athens, Mykonos, and Argostoli though.  Having trouble finding one that has all I want(:

1 minute ago, zeppgirl said:

Well would love Santorini and Mykonos...I found a cruise that says "Greek Isles" but no santorini on that one:(  Does Athens, Mykonos, and Argostoli though.  Having trouble finding one that has all I want(:

Good luck,  we've usually gone there on 12 night trips. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, zeppgirl said:

I believe you've answered your own question...if you like spending time in the cabin and balcony go with a GS or above. The cabins are very comfortable and the balcony is your very own ocean front.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, zeppgirl said:

Our May itinerary on Vision was out of Barcelona. Cannes, Florence, Rome, Athens, Mykonos, Santorini and our absolute favorite was Valletta Malta. I think we were very lucky to have sailed this particular itinerary. Best of luck...you have some great choices and planning ahead of you.

• Like 1

You could also split the difference and do a Junior Suite -- you get a (small) bathtub and extra space in the room and a larger balcony and double points, but without the larger expenditure of a full suite.  

You can use the money you save from not getting a suite to make the rest of the cruise special.... fancier excursions, specialty dining, first class airfare, nicer pre-cruise hotel, etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

You could also split the difference and do a Junior Suite -- you get a (small) bathtub and extra space in the room and a larger balcony and double points, but without the larger expenditure of a full suite.  

You can use the money you save from not getting a suite to make the rest of the cruise special.... fancier excursions, specialty dining, first class airfare, nicer pre-cruise hotel, etc.

Yes....Love first class air (DL One)...It was great for our May cruise ...nice for those international flights.

• Like 1

Grand suites are the cheapest of the full suites but really nice , huge bathroom with double sinks and you can eat all your meals in costal kitchen, also reserved seats for the shows and suite lounge and concierge to help you with anything. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 6:22 PM, zeppgirl said:

We are doing a summer Mediterranean/Greek Isles cruise for our 15 year anniversary.  I keep going back and forth between doing a balcony room or a suite.  If we splurge and do the suite, I am still stuck on which to do.  I would love to have a room with a nice tub and a relaxing experience is the most important thing.  Some of the rooms coming up are the aqua theater suites, owner's suite, and crown loft.  Any of these preferable to another?  The aqua theater sounds awesome as far as the balcony views and the crown loft seems neat for the two floors but other than that, I don't see why one would be preferable to another in our case.  Any help or advice would be great!

Go for an aft junior suite. We just did and loved it. Fantastic, large balcony, it had two regular chairs, a larger table, and two loungers with room for even two MORE loungers left over! This was on Vision. Check out cabin 8092.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnjen said:

Go for an aft junior suite. We just did and loved it. Fantastic, large balcony, it had two regular chairs, a larger table, and two loungers with room for even two MORE loungers left over! This was on Vision. Check out cabin 8092.

Poster is in a much larger newer ship if there is a aqua show, but I also love aft balconies 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, George C said:

Poster is in a much larger newer ship if there is a aqua show, but I also love aft balconies 

I too mentioned my Vision cruise as I think the OP is also considering Rhapsody.

• Like 1