Has anyone done a private tour with SPB Tours?

We are doing the Baltics next summer and my in laws just decided to join us. My FIL is slow to get around so we've decided to do a private tour of St Petersburg so we can see as much as possible. SPB Tours gave us the best price. Has anyone used them for a private tour?

4 hours ago, fluffybunny22 said:

We are doing the Baltics next summer and my in laws just decided to join us. My FIL is slow to get around so we've decided to do a private tour of St Petersburg so we can see as much as possible. SPB Tours gave us the best price. Has anyone used them for a private tour?

If you check their reviews on TripAdvisor there are many reviews of their private tours.

We are using them in St. Petersburg and Helsinki in August.  Only exception is they will be flat-rate tours, not private tours.  Their customer service and response time has been excellent!

Didn’t do a private tour, but booked a 2 day tour of St. Petersburg with them online and was with other passengers from our ship who also booked independently.  We were in a van.  Had an amazing time!  Highly recommend!

• Like 1

Had a private tour a couple of years ago.with SPB.  There were 4 of us for 3 days with a wonderful guide and driver with a van.   Everything was very well organised.   We didn't 

have to queue as all the tickets were purchased ahead of our tour.   Our guide

spoke excellent English and the driver had a fair grasp of English.   Though it would not have mattered as our guide was with us at all times.   Collection from ship and drop off

each day went very well.

Highly recommend SPB, they were so well organised and very friendly people.

On 22 July 2019 at 2:13 PM, dogs4fun said:

If you check their reviews on TripAdvisor there are many reviews of their private tours.

I used SPB for a 2 day private tour (just two of us + guide) earlier this month. Very well organized and good communication in the planning stages. Was very nice to have such a tiny group because we could easily add in some impromptu stops we just happened to be passing when we had a bit of unexpected “free time” in the intensely timed/choreographed itinerary.

• 2 weeks later...

We just did a 2 day private tour with SPB in Saint Petersburg. We are a family of 7 and my mom has mobility issues, where she can’t stand or walk for long periods of time. Private is the way to go as we could adjust accordingly and not feel like we were holding others back if she need to walk slower/take breaks.

We booked the 2 day Treasures with Faberge, but I took out one of the “scheduled” stops. Keep in mind that as a private tour you can adjust. So I did this on purpose to provide a slower pace and more time at other sights.

Let your guide know, so they can make adjustments and accommodations right away. Ask about what your seeing, how you’re going to walk through the sights, so you/guide can plan accordingly. For example, at Peterhof there is quite a bit of walking, and a tour route that they take you. My mom was getting tired, so our tour guide had a shaded stop for her to sit and rest in the gardens, while we pressed on and picked her up afterwards on the way back out. Same thing at the Hermitage. She was actually feeling very tired and was debating if she should just stay with the driver in our van. But our guide basically didn’t want her to miss out. My mom walked a portion, guide found a room that she could take a seat in and rest, while the rest of us walked additional rooms and picked her up again. My mom waited for us probably for about an hour, but during this time she walked some of the adjacent rooms and then rested. The Hermitage is was extremely crowded and hot, it would have been really challenging for her to walk this additional amount. My mom was happy and she still got to see some of the rooms.

With the private tour, we didn’t have to wait in lines and again we can slow down if needed. We enjoyed our 2 days very much and highly recommend SPB.