Which ports do you enjoy returning to?

ilikeanswers

On 7/23/2019 at 11:26 PM, jocap said:

Anywhere in Iceland or Norway; any of the Atlantic ports of Spain and Portugal, especially Cadiz and Lisbon.

And the Azores... I could live there...

I did like both Lisbon and Cadiz, wouldn't mind to go back there.

But the Azores.. We stayed for one week in Ponta Delgada in 2017. The town it self isn't something that I need to go back to, ever. The nature outside Ponta Delgada is FANTASTIC. But it's small Islands that's faraway from everything and I wouldn't want to live there.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 7:41 AM, ilikeanswers said:

Are there any ports you can return to again and again and never get bored? 

For me, in the Caribbean, its Bonaire, Dominica and Tortola.  

Elsewhere, I could never get tired of the Greek Islands and Alaska.  

I absolutely love St. Maarten, Aruba, and Curacao.   Part of the reason we doing the B2B in Oct.   We prefer the Dutch side of St. Maarten.   Aruba has amazing beaches. Curacao, the town and the architecture just makes me happy.

I also really like sailing from Puerto Rico as well.  I am really hoping the unrest will be over by October.  I keep trying to visit the forts, and each time (5 times to be exact) something has happened that we never made it.  It is becoming a joke now with my DH.  😃

• Like 1

Copenhagen, Stockholm, Tallinn, Whatever (for Edinburgh), Barcelona, Gibraltar, Dubrovnik,  Venice & just about all of the rest of Italy,  Kotor, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney . . . .

Actually, I think my list is going to be really long.  Might just be easier to say almost every port.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, screwsmcernst said:

I absolutely love St. Maarten, Aruba, and Curacao.   Part of the reason we doing the B2B in Oct.   We prefer the Dutch side of St. Maarten.   Aruba has amazing beaches. Curacao, the town and the architecture just makes me happy.

I also really like sailing from Puerto Rico as well.  I am really hoping the unrest will be over by October.  I keep trying to visit the forts, and each time (5 times to be exact) something has happened that we never made it.  It is becoming a joke now with my DH.  😃

Five times😮! The universe isn't being very kind is it😞? I hope you get there they are very picteresque. I'm crossing my fingers for you🤞.

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

There is not a port I have disliked enough to think I am never going back or would stay on the ship for. Yet.

Wrong thread, Mic. This is the ports you want to return to thread.

12 hours ago, George C said:

I love Naples, loved our last Europe cruise it had 5 ports in Italy but was disappointed that it didn’t stop in Naples . Had a chance to listen to Sophia Loren talk a couple of years ago and asked her what her favorite food was , she said I am from Naples so it’s pizza. 

We love Naples too, and it does have the best pizza in the world. We stayed in Naples for four nights once and really enjoyed it although we were careful where we went to eat at night. We also stopped there twice on a cruuse and spent one of those days just wandering around the old town, fortified by pizza at Da Michele naturally.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We love Naples too, and it does have the best pizza in the world. We stayed in Naples for four nights once and really enjoyed it although we were careful where we went to eat at night. We also stopped there twice on a cruuse and spent one of those days just wandering around the old town, fortified by pizza at Da Michele naturally.

I have been to Naples 4 times already and would gladly go back again.

7 hours ago, screwsmcernst said:

It should be over now; the governor has resigned.

19 hours ago, Extra Kim said:

I did like both Lisbon and Cadiz, wouldn't mind to go back there.

But the Azores.. We stayed for one week in Ponta Delgada in 2017. The town it self isn't something that I need to go back to, ever. The nature outside Ponta Delgada is FANTASTIC. But it's small Islands that's faraway from everything and I wouldn't want to live there.

The nature, yes, and the fact that the temperature is never less that 14 C, nor higher than 26 C  … that appeals to someone with very fair skin!

Plus the volcanic nature of the islands- a warm Iceland, in fact!

3 hours ago, jocap said:

The nature, yes, and the fact that the temperature is never less that 14 C, nor higher than 26 C  … that appeals to someone with very fair skin!

Plus the volcanic nature of the islands- a warm Iceland, in fact!

Never higher then 26°C? 😉

20190725_235823.jpg

10 minutes ago, Extra Kim said:

Never higher then 26°C? 😉

20190725_235823.jpg

OHHHH!!!

Another dream hits the deck... and it was 31C  here today in the Lake District 😎🥵

In the '60s I spent 2 summers working in a holiday resort in central Sweden... perhaps I ought to go back there?

Ideal temperature, but, oh, the mozzies...🦟

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jocap said:

OHHHH!!!

Another dream hits the deck... and it was 31C  here today in the Lake District 😎🥵

In the '60s I spent 2 summers working in a holiday resort in central Sweden... perhaps I ought to go back there?

Ideal temperature, but, oh, the mozzies...🦟

And, of course, there's no climate change.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, marco said:

Don't know if everyone realizes 31 Centegrade is about 88 Fahrenheit 

I think we all do since the US refuses to follow the rest of the world 🙂

• Like 1

Actually, I think it' because we all DON"T.  We were recently on a tour in Europe while a lot of countries were experiencing a severe heat wave a folks in our group were constantly asking "how much is that in Fahrenheit?" But I digress, as this has nothing to do with the title of this thread, "which countries do you enjoy returning to"

Edited by marco

1 hour ago, CPT Trips said:

If you are satisfied with an estimate that's close, double centigrade and add 30. Most here can likely do that in their head.

That's what I do but it gets very off as you go higher and lower.

And that pretty much amazes me that intl. travelers don't know.  No wonder they don't go wandering off on their own when in ports!