All Inclusive Day Pass Resorts

sbfanatic

3 hours ago, sbfanatic said:

Is there any All Inclusive Day Pass Resorts in St Lucia?

Royalton's,  Sandals, St Jame's, Papillon, Rendezvous, LeSport, Coconut Bay and so on...

Bummer to miss out on the amazing sites and Experiences of the island. And the day passes are expensive, FWIW (average $100 per person, you'd have to eat and drink an incredible amount to make it worthwhile versus a day at the beach, or such).

Enjoy 

reedprincess we've visited St Lucia a number of times. Done Cosol's island tour, Mystic Man's catamaran, and spent a day at Rendezvous. For our visit this January we've decided on getting day passes and I'm looking at the Bay Gardens Beach Resort in particular. Good choice? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

reedprincess we've visited St Lucia a number of times. Done Cosol's island tour, Mystic Man's catamaran, and spent a day at Rendezvous. For our visit this January we've decided on getting day passes and I'm looking at the Bay Gardens Beach Resort in particular. Good choice? 

Bay Gardens isn't an AI resort. Your day pass includes lunch, a drink or two,  some splash park tickets and sometimes a half hour massage. 

If you're desperate to use a pool, it's a pretty good deal, but you can eat and drink and such all you like there without a day pass - you just can't use the pool. You can get lounge chairs, etc if you want.  

It really does simply depend on what you actually want to do. If you're wanting a lovely low key beach day - try Vigie Beach. 20-30 minute easy walk, boardwalk with several local restaurants and bars, Chiara, loads of shade, massages (usually she's there), restrooms, calm swimmable beach, etc.  

If a pool is a must, th. Bay Gardens is great. If it's just adults, consider calling Calabash Cove instead - absolutely serene, divine food, gorgeous views and delicious drinks.  

What is it you're actually looking to do..

Thanks so much for the quick response. DH is recovering from a stroke so a pool day is preferable. Resortforaday offers a day pass to Bay Gardens with transportation there and back, 4 drinks, 2 course lunch and a 20 minute massage. That's what I was considering. But caribbeandaypass has a much cheaper one for Calabash Cove. We'd be on our own to taxi there & back, and we'd need to purchase our own food and drinks though.

Do you think Calabash Cove is the better choice? 

13 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Thanks so much for the quick response. DH is recovering from a stroke so a pool day is preferable. Resortforaday offers a day pass to Bay Gardens with transportation there and back, 4 drinks, 2 course lunch and a 20 minute massage. That's what I was considering. But caribbeandaypass has a much cheaper one for Calabash Cove. We'd be on our own to taxi there & back, and we'd need to purchase our own food and drinks though.

Do you think Calabash Cove is the better choice? 

Calabash Cove is fantastic. Adults only, much better food, etc. If you have to get your own cab, and buy your own food and drinks there's absolutely no reason to buy any kind of day pass. In general, day pass isn't really needed for CC - but they do need to know if you want to come - Or buy it straight through the resort itself, cut the middle man.  They're pretty quick on answering emails so contact them and arrange right with them..

5 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Thanks so much reedprincess. I'll definitely contact Calabash Cove. 🙂 

Only consideration may be stairs - there's stairs all around CB - probably 15-20 down to the pool, another 20 down to the beach. They're not very steep, and do have handrails and are quite even - but a consideration maybe..

Otherwise, you won't regret CC. It's simply divine. You won't want to leave!

Got a response quickly from Calabash Cove:

"$25.00 per person payable at the front desk. Spend the day at the resort and settle food and beverage services according to consumption. The rate is subject to change. Visitors get accommodated on a space available basis."

Figuring on about $40-50 for a round-trip taxi and then food & drinks on top of that, which can add up. I hate the "space available basis" quote every time I see it. Definitely something to consider though. Thanks again for your help reedprincess! 

Edited by canadarocks

17 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Got a response quickly from Calabash Cove:

"$25.00 per person payable at the front desk. Spend the day at the resort and settle food and beverage services according to consumption. The rate is subject to change. Visitors get accommodated on a space available basis."

Figuring on about $40-50 for a round-trip taxi and then food & drinks on top of that, which can add up. I hate the "space available basis" quote every time I see it. Definitely something to consider though. Thanks again for your help reedprincess! 

I wouldn't worry about the space available. It may (and only may) be a problem in peak peak season, like Christmas day or smack in February, but even then, it's not a problem..  

We were just there for lunch on Friday - 6 rooms occupied out of 26! Lol.  

Cab should be $20 each way.  

It is better than Bay Gardens, but Bay Gardens is very good too. Just busier, etc.  

Enjoy, wherever you end up...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 4:42 PM, reedprincess said:

Only consideration may be stairs - there's stairs all around CB - probably 15-20 down to the pool, another 20 down to the beach. They're not very steep, and do have handrails and are quite even - but a consideration maybe..

Otherwise, you won't regret CC. It's simply divine. You won't want to leave!

I'm going to have to try this place out, had planned on booking Spencer's Beach Break but this place sounds wonderful. I checked out the website looks awesome. Thanks for the info.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2019 at 1:09 AM, VivianK said:

We're going in February and CC  sounds great. About how far from the port is the resort? We've toured the island already and would welcome a beach. Thank you.

20-35 minites from oort depending on traffic. The beach isn't spectacular, but it's lovely snd quite. The resort itself, splendid 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

I have Bay Gardens booked with transportation included.

Anyone have some info on the timing of their pickups? Should I worry about missing the cruise on the way back or do they plan for that?

They got you covered, go and have a blast no worries. 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 1:44 PM, KATHYMAC68 said:

I have Bay Gardens booked with transportation included.

Anyone have some info on the timing of their pickups? Should I worry about missing the cruise on the way back or do they plan for that?

They plan for that, and are well aware of refund time, drive time, etc.  If you're concerned it's going to be cutting it too close, simply ask for an earlier return time .

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2020 at 12:27 PM, jean87510 said:

How was the food and drink? We booked this for mid January.

We've been to Rendezvous a few times.   Food is basically a buffet but is very nice.  

When you first arrive, they give you a tour around the facilities.  (I tipped the guy)

Then sometimes in the morning someone will stop by your lounger with some fresh fruit as a snack until lunch opens.  Lunch opens at 1230 or so, I think.   We brought some Chex mix to tied us over.

Drinks are great.  Sometimes hard to get a server though, even though we tipped.  They used to have little flags to stick in the sand to signal a server but those were not there last time.  

All in all, we enjoy ourselves here just chillin'....  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Reedprincess if you are still out there another question please. My wife and I would like a simple beach day...calm water, gentle incline in and out of water, local beer, chairs and umbrella or shade, walkable beach for a stroll.

Hope not too much to ask, but you a wealth of local knowledge. What options do you recommend for this type of day. I think our ship docks on 1/31/20.

thank you!! Fred😎😎

1 hour ago, bostonfred said:

Hi, Reedprincess if you are still out there another question please. My wife and I would like a simple beach day...calm water, gentle incline in and out of water, local beer, chairs and umbrella or shade, walkable beach for a stroll.

Hope not too much to ask, but you a wealth of local knowledge. What options do you recommend for this type of day. I think our ship docks on 1/31/20.

thank you!! Fred😎😎

Vigie Beach. Everything you're looking for 

20-30 minute walk from port, or 6-8 minute drive, $10 one way.

Small boardwalk with local food and drinks, chairs, tons of shade, calm water, easy entry, clean bathrooms, etc.  Great spot..

PS: As an aside - it's helpful to ask new questions in new posts, older posts that are unrelated don't often get new questions seen. 

3 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Vigie Beach. Everything you're looking for 

20-30 minute walk from port, or 6-8 minute drive, $10 one way.

Small boardwalk with local food and drinks, chairs, tons of shade, calm water, easy entry, clean bathrooms, etc.  Great spot..

PS: As an aside - it's helpful to ask new questions in new posts, older posts that are unrelated don't often get new questions seen. 

Thank you....