Stavanger RIB boat trip

Looking to do a RIB boat trip on our cruise to Norway next month. 

Is Stavanger the best place to do this? We are also stopping in Bergen and Olden. 

I can can only find 1 company offering RIB tours and they seem very expensive and no cheaper than the P&O tour. Are there other companies available at the port?

i have a slightly dodgy back! Not awful just occasional problem. Is this boat trip suitable? I know it’s fast and a bit bumpy. 

Many thanks 

We did this in Skjolden last week.  Our price was about 1/3 cheaper than HAL’s price and, I agree, it is a bit steep.  I have had both neck (recent)  and back (few years ago) surgeries so was concerned as well.  But had absolutely no problem at all.  It goes fast but is not jarring or bumpy.  

It was enjoyable.  Our driver/guide stopped at a few places and provided commentary.  Since there was virtually  nothing else to do at that port, we were glad we booked it.  While suiting up for the tour at least a dozen people stopped hoping to book but it was completely sold out for the day.

a one piece insulated suit was provided as was a ski hat and goggles.  For us, no gloves were needed.  It was very comfortable during the ride as the wind can be cold.

cannot comment on best port...Bergen is a big city so not sure if I would pick that one as our driver took us to quiet tranquil places to see wildlife and waterfalls.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1