Bring bottled water?

BeachLover

The water we were given in Metal Btls on EDGE in the Classic drink  package  was not Spring water....tasted  awful to us.  We bring a 4 pack of Fiji , easy to carry and then go from there. 

Also bring refillable  btls...

Edited by hcat

Before we boarded the Summit, we picked up 2- packages of bottled water and put them into a sturdy cloth bag to carry onto the ship. So handy to have in the cabin if thirsty at night from the salty foods, and easy to toss a few bottles into a beach bag when we go ashore for the day. I, too, find the ship's water has a strange taste. I like to drink water while I dine, and often request a few slices of lemon in it to kill the strange taste. 

Darcy

As others have mentioned, yes, you are able to bring bottled water onboard.

When we have sailed without a premium beverage package, we have brought along a small filtration pitcher (several brands make a small size) we have brought along packed in our luggage or picked up in a store in the port town. When we stay in vacation rentals, we do the same thing. It’s much lighter and overall compared to purchasing individual bottles, less expensive, even if you don’t bring it back home with you. It seems to take away the smells and unusual taste from the ship’s water. 

1 hour ago, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

As others have mentioned, yes, you are able to bring bottled water onboard.

When we have sailed without a premium beverage package, we have brought along a small filtration pitcher (several brands make a small size) we have brought along packed in our luggage or picked up in a store in the port town. When we stay in vacation rentals, we do the same thing. It’s much lighter and overall compared to purchasing individual bottles, less expensive, even if you don’t bring it back home with you. It seems to take away the smells and unusual taste from the ship’s water. 

Good idea- But we always take a drink package- sometimes non alcoholic.  The water and coffee drinks are worth it for me.

8 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Good idea- But we always take a drink package- sometimes non alcoholic.  The water and coffee drinks are worth it for me.

Hi!  We have only sailed Celebrity once and  had the Classic premium package, and we enjoyed being able to get water and coffee then.  We are not big drinkers so the alcoholic-beverage packages are wasted on us-- but I would like to get some coffee and water package that you mentioned.  Is that available on Celebrity's website?  What is it called?  Thank you!

Edited:  I found the package on Celebrity's website.  Thanks for the information -- I didn't see it at first and looked again after seeing your post.

Edited by CruiseNewby47

17 minutes ago, CruiseNewby47 said:

Hi!  We have only sailed Celebrity once and  had the Classic premium package, and we enjoyed being able to get water and coffee then.  We are not big drinkers so the alcoholic-beverage packages are wasted on us-- but I would like to get some coffee and water package that you mentioned.  Is that available on Celebrity's website?  What is it called?  Thank you!

Edited:  I found the package on Celebrity's website.  Thanks for the information -- I didn't see it at first and looked again after seeing your post.

You can also get nice non alcoholic frozen drinks.  They are great!!

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:25 PM, BeachLover said:

Does Celebrity  allow you to bring on bottled water? I know that some cruise lines allow it but I wasn’t sure about Celebrity.

Yes, you can. What we do is buy them on shore for much less than on the ship. Not on the pier, as they'll stick it to you as well. Or if you're feeling strong, pick up a 40 pack at Sam's Club for less than $5. "Here, honey.....I'll let you carry this a while, now." Duck for low flying irons!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
44 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

I know people who feel the ship's water is better than any bottled water.

Not surprised. It is used in the cooking of every item, its the water served at all dining tables, in the hot drinks and cold , its used to make all the ice. Oh yes and its production is strictly controlled.