Unrequested cruise confirm

bones774

Hi, Has anyone here rec'd an unrequested cruise confirm? Woke up this AM and had a cruise confirm in my mailbox from NCL. This is the real thing, from NCL and a real confirm. Has my correct name and address and sent to the email address I have dedicated to NCL.

T1 studio cabin, with 3 different promos LATVIP, EASYFARE & LATREW plus they used one of my cruise next deposits. This is a cruise embarking more than a year from now that I never even looked into.

I even logged into my NCL account and it was listed there too.

5 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

So someone booked a cabin under your account? It's a mistake by NCL. Contact them. Somewhere there is someone waiting on a cruise confirmation, but it was booked under you instead. Oops.

I don't know what happened, mistake? scam? But it's on my account, i'm definitely calling but wanted to see if it happened before, i'd like to get to the bottom of this rather than them just canceling with no investigation or explanation

called the general NCL switchboard and spoke with random consultant and she informed me that this was booked by "my NCL PCC" and told me his name. I have spoken with that named PCC before to ask some questions but I have never booked thru him previously. They tried to contact the PCC who made the booking but he was unavailable. They then offered to cancel the confirmation and I requested them not to at this time. I'm gonna call the PCC later who made the booking and ask him to explain and I wanted to have the booking in front of him and not wiped clean. I become very suspicious of things like this happening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bones774 said:

called the general NCL switchboard and spoke with random consultant and she informed me that this was booked by "my NCL PCC" and told me his name. I have spoken with that named PCC before to ask some questions but I have never booked thru him previously. They tried to contact the PCC who made the booking but he was unavailable. They then offered to cancel the confirmation and I requested them not to at this time. I'm gonna call the PCC later who made the booking and ask him to explain and I wanted to have the booking in front of him and not wiped clean. I become very suspicious of things like this happening.

Why wouldn’t you have them cancel the booking if you didn’t make it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bones774 said:

Probably just an error on his part. Having the reservation in the system might help him figure out the right client for the reservation.

Lately, every time I look up a cruise I have been getting an e-mail to continue my booking.  During this 20% off sale I must have looked up at least ten different cruises and sure enough, got ten e-mails to continue booking. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, bones774 said:

I wanted to know if this had happened to others. I know it's easy to just call and cancel, I would like to know the how's and why's.

I would have handled it the same way.  When I was reading your original post I was wondering how a booking could occur without payment and then I got to the part about the Cruise Next certificate.  Very Interesting.

1 minute ago, Oakman58 said:

I would have handled it the same way.  When I was reading your original post I was wondering how a booking could occur without payment and then I got to the part about the Cruise Next certificate.  Very Interesting.

Yes, it's over a year out, no problem cancelling it but why did this originate?

For those suggesting that this is an unimportant post regarding something which is also unimportant, I will just say that if someone, anyone, went into my account and made significant changes that were not authorized by me, I'd be asking questions too.

Privacy is a huge deal. Hopefully you never have to find that out yourselves. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

For those suggesting that this is an unimportant post regarding something which is also unimportant, I will just say that if someone, anyone, went into my account and made significant changes that were not authorized by me, I'd be asking questions too.

Privacy is a huge deal. Hopefully you never have to find that out yourselves. 

If someone, anyone, went into your account and made significant changes that were not authorized by you, of course you'd be asking questions. I just hope you realize that if you were asking them here on CC, you'd stand zero chance of them getting fixed, because CC didn't cause the problem. I think that's the point being made above that seems to be flying over some heads.

1 minute ago, LrgPizza said:

If someone, anyone, went into your account and made significant changes that were not authorized by you, of course you'd be asking questions. I just hope you realize that if you were asking them here on CC, you'd stand zero chance of them getting fixed, because CC didn't cause the problem. I think that's the point being made above that seems to be flying over some heads.

We all knew from the very beginning that it would just take a phone call to correct this immediate issue, what I am seeking is to learn and prevent future issue both for me and all other CC'ers. A big reason why we are here is to learn.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, bones774 said:

We all knew from the very beginning that it would just take a phone call to correct this immediate issue, what I am seeking is to learn and prevent future issue both for me and all other CC'ers. A big reason why we are here is to learn.

You could probably set up better training for your PCC to help ensure that accidents like this don't happen in the future. I don't know if you have the knowledge of their systems and such to do this, but it would be a good place for you to start.  Good luck!

Edited by LrgPizza
  • Like 1

OP - thank you for sharing your experience with us.  I, for one, am very interested in the answers you receive from the cruiseline/agent regarding how this happened, and how to prevent it from happening in the future.  Just ignore the negativity and criticisms - if they are not interested, then they can choose not to read your post instead.  

Please update us on the resolution!