Unrequested cruise confirm

bones774

1 minute ago, SeaShark said:

And now you've added to your post count too! (Although I don't know you were thinking about post counts in the first place)

"This bizarre" might just trip the drama alarm. It is OBVIOUSLY a mistake...mistakes happen...just fix and move on...nothing "bizarre" required. 

FWIW...How would someone know they didn't like the thread unless they read it?

I don't care whatsoever about post counts. What, is that a status symbol or something?  It's not to me. Gimme a break.  I do find the story bizarre and I will not change that statement.  If you read a post you don't like, you can always walk away without negatively commenting on it.  How about that for an idea. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, grouchomarx said:

I don't care whatsoever about post counts. What, is that a status symbol or something?  It's not to me. Gimme a break.  I do find the story bizarre and I will not change that statement.  If you read a post you don't like, you can always walk away without negatively commenting on it.  How about that for an idea. 

I don't care about post counts either...perhaps you should address the comment to the person who first mentioned post counts.

"How about that for an idea"? Yep...actually that is a good idea. So if you don't like my post you can just walk away without negatively commenting on it. Right?

As an aside...it is funny how people don't see the obvious. My point is that you don't have to post about every little thing (its called "oversharing"). I am illustrating the point by doing the same...commenting on every little thing...see how annoying it can be??

Now do get it? Or do I have to keep illustrating the point?

Isn't this a good argument as to why a travel agent is a better choice then booking online or using a PCC?

So many negative comments about how TA's are useless, etc. Yet this would never happen with a TA.

What I have learned from the OP sharing this situation is that I made a good choice to not use a PCC and this is a perfect reason to use a TA.

• Like 1

OP here, I just spoke with "my PCC", which he is not, never booked anything with him. He admitted that he booked it on my behalf, he was doing a lot of fast talking sales speech, he kept pushing the LATVIP promo and how he needs to book me before it expires(this trip was 14 months from now). He admitted that we talked of several cruises and that he wasn't sure if the one he booked was one we talked about, it wasn't. I think he got the drift that I was annoyed and not fully engaging him in his sales promo. I did not talk with him for at least 3 days prior to this booking, maybe more and where he came up booking this on his own is a bit incredible and quite nervy, i'm sure he doesn't have the power to do something like that w/o my permission. He blew it off as "no worries, it's already cancelled".

So that's the story.

and before someone comes back with some caustic remarks, yes I know my options. Either switch PCC or cut him slack for one mistake(seems like more than a mistake to me).

Thanks all.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

This is actually very interesting to some of us.  We see enough stories of booking problems to want to understand what happens, how it happens (if possible), and how resolved.   You'd think it would be some thing like a PCC selecting the wrong line from a search for a customer record - but then you'd expect to see the passengers entered with different names and address etc. The PCC would not be able to easily just pick off passengers from the account.

Now watching for the thread titled "Booked a cruise and no confirmation - where did it go?"

EDIT: Explanation posted before me as I was typing.  All I can say is WOW.  I would consider that highly inappropriate and bordering on fraudulent sales practices. In my state the AG would be very interested in this behavior.

Edited by PelicanBill
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

And now you've added to your post count too! (Although I don't know you were thinking about post counts in the first place)

As you can see from my post count, I DON'T care to post needless comments that don't add value to a conversation.

But what I do care to do is to stand up and stop bullying when I see it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AmyJA said:

OP, thanks for the update.

I'd be miffed.

Yeah, I am. Like I said I don't believe he had the power to do that. I think he was just as glad to get off the phone with me as I was with him. Maybe NCL C/R is reading this?

4 minutes ago, bones774 said:

Yeah, I am. Like I said I don't believe he had the power to do that. I think he was just as glad to get off the phone with me as I was with him. Maybe NCL C/R is reading this?

Honestly, I'd be speaking to the  PCC's supervisor...unless there is something we aren't getting in this story, this is not right.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Honestly, I'd be speaking to the  PCC's supervisor...unless there is something we aren't getting in this story, this is not right.  

Nope, everything just like I said. I could hear in his voice and his deflections of my comments that he was nervous, I might call his supervisor later. I like to act on things not in a moment of haste, think it over first.

He was highly recommended to me by another cc'er and long time cruiser, I don't want to spike their relationship.

Edited by bones774
  • Like 2

Thanks for the update OP.

I am glad you followed through here to help others that also had questions. It does appear that some posters have comprehension issues.

I am not convinced that the PCC behavior is not reportable to his superiors. This could be construed as some sort of fraud and more than likely the company does not want this type of behavior going on in their business. I know I would not. Very poor customer service, the onus is on the customer to cancel it even though they did not order it.

Some times the NCL receipt does not get sent, it just happened to me. You would have never known.

JMHO.

1 minute ago, S4POPO said:

I agree with the posts above mine.  I would call a supervisor and report it.  He may have done this to others simply to bump up his numbers.

Another good reason to post it here and see if this is a recurring behavior!

and yes, he told my CN rewards would be credited , but I will be verifying.

OP,  thank you for posting.

Did you go back onto your account and make sure your Next Cruise Deposit was put back?
I know when I changed the date of my July 2020 sailing to August 2020, both my cruisenext certificates had to first go back to the account and then I had to wait for them to be ready to use again (although I did go through a TA).

Let us know.  I am wondering if this PCC had to get their numbers up and did this to more than just you.

Glad you called and spoke directly to the person that made your booking and you let us know.

3 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Every time I've booked a cruise I've had to immediately pay the deposit.

Was the PCC generous enough to pay the deposit for you? Seems like the least he could do...

I'm guessing the Cruisenext cert handled that.  

• Like 1

wow - this was an interesting and informative thread... It was amazing that he booked the trip for you without your permission - that is scary ... any one of us could call and ask questions and wouldn't want to have a trip booked because of a questioning call. The only reason I think his supervisor should be notified is because it reflects on NCL and makes it seem like a "scam" to me...

2 hours ago, S4POPO said:

I agree with the posts above mine.  I would call a supervisor and report it.  He may have done this to others simply to bump up his numbers.

I would, too even though your issue is now resolved (assuming your CN are credited back.)

I would report it simply because the PCC may have also done this to others who may be older folks or not as savvy and may not catch this the way you did.  I would do it just to protect others.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, S4POPO said:

That's exactly where my mind went... does this PCC have a quota to meet by a certain time?  Definitely report him/her.  Glad this was posted so others know about it...