Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Ray in NH

Where is everyone ???

Recommended Posts

Sure has been verrry quiet around here.  Hope everyone is busy enjoying themselves.

We are finishing up final details for our Northwest Pioneers cruise, aboard ACL Song.

Anyone else finalizing a "Next Cruise"?

 

NRayH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just waiting until it's time for our 15nt. Grand Heartland cruise on America, August 24, 2019.  This will be our 4th on this line.  We have done other USA river cruises on other lines.  And lots of ocean cruises. We are hoping we can book and get a discount for booking onboard, a Pearl Seas cruise to Great Lakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll be on the November 2nd Lower Mississippi Cruise on the new American Harmony.

 

We've been on lots of ocean cruises but this will be our first river cruise.  We're looking forward to something "different".  

 

It's been hard finding information of river cruises and, of course, the American Harmony since it hasn't sailed yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jebhoward3 said:

Just waiting until it's time for our 15nt. Grand Heartland cruise on America, August 24, 2019.  This will be our 4th on this line.  We have done other USA river cruises on other lines.  And lots of ocean cruises. We are hoping we can book and get a discount for booking onboard, a Pearl Seas cruise to Great Lakes.

 

I agree, it is not easy to find out  if booking a Pearl Seas cruise whilst aboard an ACL cruise offers any discount.  We plan to ask again when we are on our October cruise.  Pearl Seas has a few interesting (to us) Great Lakes itineraries.

We have completed five cruises aboard ACL and a few European River cruises, along with many ocean cruises.  They all seem to have "something" that keeps calling us back. 

 

NRayH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 10:01 AM, SteelMagnolia9 said:

Looking forward to my upcoming Cumberland River cruise in September (St. Louis to Nashville).

Please leave a review of your cruise.  

 

We're planning to book our next cruise during our Nov 2 cruise on the Harmony.  Your itinerary is one of our top choices for next time.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, candydane said:

Please leave a review of your cruise.  

 

We're planning to book our next cruise during our Nov 2 cruise on the Harmony.  Your itinerary is one of our top choices for next time.

 

Thanks.

I plan to do a review of my Cumberland River cruise after I return home. Look for it around the 3rd week in September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!  I'll be watching for your review.

 

Have a great cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 12:52 PM, Ray in NH said:

 

I agree, it is not easy to find out  if booking a Pearl Seas cruise whilst aboard an ACL cruise offers any discount.  We plan to ask again when we are on our October cruise.  Pearl Seas has a few interesting (to us) Great Lakes itineraries.

We have completed five cruises aboard ACL and a few European River cruises, along with many ocean cruises.  They all seem to have "something" that keeps calling us back. 

 

NRayH

 

Hello Ray,

 

In response to your question as to whether Pearl Seas offers an onboard discount, the answer is YES!

 

While on my recent Lower Mississippi RIver Cruise with American Cruise Lines last April, I successfully rebooked  my Canadian Maritimes & St. Lawrence Seaway 15-day cruise on Pearl Seas, receiving the 15% discount PLUS forgiveness of taxes and port fees. My cruise date is May 21, 2020, from Portland, Maine. The cruise ends in Toronto, Ontario.

 

At first I was told that rebooking would not be possible but, with the able assistance of one of the ship’s managers, my rebooking was accomplished AND with my original stateroom selection:  512, a single balcony room.

 

Unfortunately, since then, Pearl Seas has reduced the fare on my single balcony stateroom by $2000, taking away most of my discount! Oh well...

 

Ron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CdMAgFox said:

 

Hello Ray,

 

In response to your question as to whether Pearl Seas offers an onboard discount, the answer is YES!

 

While on my recent Lower Mississippi RIver Cruise with American Cruise Lines last April, I successfully rebooked  my Canadian Maritimes & St. Lawrence Seaway 15-day cruise on Pearl Seas, receiving the 15% discount PLUS forgiveness of taxes and port fees. My cruise date is May 21, 2020, from Portland, Maine. The cruise ends in Toronto, Ontario.

 

At first I was told that rebooking would not be possible but, with the able assistance of one of the ship’s managers, my rebooking was accomplished AND with my original stateroom selection:  512, a single balcony room.

 

Unfortunately, since then, Pearl Seas has reduced the fare on my single balcony stateroom by $2000, taking away most of my discount! Oh well...

 

Ron

 

Ron,

 

Thank you for your first hand information, in regards to my inquiry.

I am looking forward to pursuing this option, whilst aboard our Northwest Pioneers Cruise, later this year.

 

NRayH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 7:08 PM, CdMAgFox said:

 

Hello Ray,

 

In response to your question as to whether Pearl Seas offers an onboard discount, the answer is YES!

 

While on my recent Lower Mississippi RIver Cruise with American Cruise Lines last April, I successfully rebooked  my Canadian Maritimes & St. Lawrence Seaway 15-day cruise on Pearl Seas, receiving the 15% discount PLUS forgiveness of taxes and port fees. My cruise date is May 21, 2020, from Portland, Maine. The cruise ends in Toronto, Ontario.

 

At first I was told that rebooking would not be possible but, with the able assistance of one of the ship’s managers, my rebooking was accomplished AND with my original stateroom selection:  512, a single balcony room.

 

Unfortunately, since then, Pearl Seas has reduced the fare on my single balcony stateroom by $2000, taking away most of my discount! Oh well...

 

Ron

 

Hi Ron,

 

I  just noticed in your signature space that you will be on the same ACL cruise (Northwest Pioneers -- 11 October 2019 aboard ACL's Song) as us.  Hopefully that is when we are looking to probably book our first Pearl Seas cruise.

 

NRayH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ray in NH said:

 

Hi Ron,

 

I  just noticed in your signature space that you will be on the same ACL cruise (Northwest Pioneers -- 11 October 2019 aboard ACL's Song) as us.  Hopefully that is when we are looking to probably book our first Pearl Seas cruise.

 

NRayH

 

Hello again, Ray,

 

Yes, we are on the same Northwest Pioneers Cruise on October 11. You may recall our discussing this previously as to my stateroom 409 and your choice to change from a Deck 4 stateroom to a Deck 3 stateroom to avoid any Deck 4 traffic to/from the Lounges. We are also both staying at the Red Lion Hotel in Portland although I am spending two nights there. I have received my documents already from ACL including my luggage tags, hotel voucher, boarding pass, etc. Looking forward to this new adventure for me in the Northwest. I have been doing my research on Lewis and Clark and their expedition.

 

Ron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CdMAgFox said:

 

Hello again, Ray,

 

Yes, we are on the same Northwest Pioneers Cruise on October 11. You may recall our discussing this previously as to my stateroom 409 and your choice to change from a Deck 4 stateroom to a Deck 3 stateroom to avoid any Deck 4 traffic to/from the Lounges. We are also both staying at the Red Lion Hotel in Portland although I am spending two nights there. I have received my documents already from ACL including my luggage tags, hotel voucher, boarding pass, etc. Looking forward to this new adventure for me in the Northwest. I have been doing my research on Lewis and Clark and their expedition.

 

Ron

Hi Ron,

 

I do recall our previous discussion, thank you for the reminder.  We moved our stateroom due to the scheduld one was next door to the Excercise Room.  That was the bigger reason, more so than the corridor traffic.

Looking forward to seeing you in Portland.

 

NRayH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...