Anyone have luck with these?

mrsfoose

13 hours ago, wardamnweagle said:

The way I see it, I’m saving Carnival money. If I buy Cheers, I’m drinking 15 drinks a day, guaranteed, and they won’t be $6 beers, (wife would be 5-10 with fancy coffees and fancy bar drinks). The above picture didn’t last the length of the cruise, in fact, I think we got a bottle of tequila in Cozumel and it wasn’t taken upon reboarding. 

Considering Cheers for our Alaskan cruise as we will be flying first, 6L of alcohol adds 10lbs of weight, and I’m already a heavy packer. Currently debating whether to upgrade to a balcony room or keep interior and pay for Cheers, as, the difference in price is about the same. 

I haven't done it yet, but for an Alaskan cruise, I would definitely get a balcony. Can you purchase your "stash" before your board the ship & thing put in your bags?

Good luck, happy sails and I want to know what you did! 😅

6 hours ago, CoolOne56 said:

I haven't done it yet, but for an Alaskan cruise, I would definitely get a balcony. Can you purchase your "stash" before your board the ship & thing put in your bags?

Good luck, happy sails and I want to know what you did! 😅

I did an Alaskan cruise about 12 years with my entire extended family. We all had balconies. So I’ve done it. I’ve been looking at 4K rooms, which are “interior obstructed view” and while I’m not sure if we are looking at tender ports, the deck 4 obstructed rooms are $10 difference from a deck 7 interior. All of the “good” obstructed view rooms are taken, so it would just be a decision of total darkness vs ocean noise and which I’d prefer. 

I did have the epiphany that since we are leaving the US I can shop duty free at the airport for things to bring. 

20 hours ago, wardamnweagle said:

The way I see it, I’m saving Carnival money. If I buy Cheers, I’m drinking 15 drinks a day, guaranteed, and they won’t be $6 beers, (wife would be 5-10 with fancy coffees and fancy bar drinks). The above picture didn’t last the length of the cruise, in fact, I think we got a bottle of tequila in Cozumel and it wasn’t taken upon reboarding. 

Considering Cheers for our Alaskan cruise as we will be flying first, 6L of alcohol adds 10lbs of weight, and I’m already a heavy packer. Currently debating whether to upgrade to a balcony room or keep interior and pay for Cheers, as, the difference in price is about the same. 

Understand you are on vacay but seriously consider attending a few Friends of Bill sessions on your next cruise if you  truly drink that much.  I've done rum runners, carry-on, checked, and cargo pants methods, and the old hide the craft beer in the soda carton trick in the past. Stopped several cruises back.  Too much hassle for meager savings.

Plus Carnival now carries craft beer and bourbon/scotch selections are better on some ships.  Also, learned to lower the alcohol consumption...made the cruise more enjoyable.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Understand you are on vacay but seriously consider attending a few Friends of Bill sessions on your next cruise if you  truly drink that much.  I've done rum runners, carry-on, checked, and cargo pants methods, and the old hide the craft beer in the soda carton trick in the past. Stopped several cruises back.  Too much hassle for meager savings.

Plus Carnival now carries craft beer and bourbon/scotch selections are better on some ships.  Also, learned to lower the alcohol consumption...made the cruise more enjoyable.

Appreciate the concern, but that isn’t an issue.

On 7/23/2019 at 11:08 AM, mrsfoose said:

Would these work like a rum runner and go undetected in you bags?

Well....it they don't make it to your cabin.....you can pick them up in the "Naughty Room" when you debark.  VBG & YMMV! 

Bon Voyage    

The last time we sailed on Carnival, my friend had his rum runner in his shoe in his checked luggage.  It was taken out of the suitcase and there was a note stating they had taken it.  I think the baggage scanners are getting more sophisticated.  He gets them through on NCL every time and also Princess.  He isn't cheap but likes to have the vodka in the room when we are relaxing and watching TV.  We always get the beverage package so we aren't taking anything away from the cruise line.

Candi

On 7/24/2019 at 7:35 PM, wardamnweagle said:

15B30368-008E-4D75-8444-1487004B9A43.jpeg

I've never smuggled (not because I'm a goody two shoes, just because I'm not much of a drinker, and it's not worth the effort for the 2 alcoholic drinks I would consume on a 7 day cruise!) but one time my cabin steward saw some plastic containers on the desk that looked like this and he warned me that the cabin stewards will often (not always) confiscate any booze they see, especially like the rum runners above, so he told me that if I ever bring booze onboard, don't leave it out where it can be seen or it might be taken... he told me that even if he's not inclined to take it, if his supervisor walked by and saw the booze just sitting there, he could get in trouble for not reporting it, which is why he'd prefer to warn people, than report them!

This pic here is probably a smart way to handle it, since it's in the cupboard, on a shelf, and I doubt most room stewards would even see it, and wouldn't do anything about it, if they did!

9 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

I've never smuggled (not because I'm a goody two shoes, just because I'm not much of a drinker, and it's not worth the effort for the 2 alcoholic drinks I would consume on a 7 day cruise!) but one time my cabin steward saw some plastic containers on the desk that looked like this and he warned me that the cabin stewards will often (not always) confiscate any booze they see, especially like the rum runners above, so he told me that if I ever bring booze onboard, don't leave it out where it can be seen or it might be taken... he told me that even if he's not inclined to take it, if his supervisor walked by and saw the booze just sitting there, he could get in trouble for not reporting it, which is why he'd prefer to warn people, than report them!

This pic here is probably a smart way to handle it, since it's in the cupboard, on a shelf, and I doubt most room stewards would even see it, and wouldn't do anything about it, if they did!

Our steward was tipped generously for a bucket of ice on day one and rarely did we have to ask for refills. And this was just after emptying suitcases. They stayed at the back of the closet with a shirt over them. 

I did learn the lesson not to leave ANYTHING valuable out as I had my AirPods in a pocket of the over the door organizer on the bathroom door, and after breakfast day 2 they were gone. So everything stayed in the cupboard after that. 

2 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

I almost always get Cheers now just because I love the convenience of it but anytime that I brought rum runners the cabin steward would usually put them in an ice bucket for me without even asking

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 7:57 AM, HillBilly Bob said:

Well....it they don't make it to your cabin.....you can pick them up in the "Naughty Room" when you debark.  VBG & YMMV! 

Bon Voyage    

Not anymore.  This used to be the policy if they confiscated alcohol in its original, sealed container; any other alcohol got thrown out.

Now, all confiscated alcohol gets thrown own out.